Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me?

I'm doing some research into the language used at football matches.

What sort of phrases, sayings or abuse are shouted at the players, officials or other fans in your country?

How are they said in the native language (and/or dialect) and how do they translate?

I'd be grateful if anybody could PM me with any information, especially if it is too rude to print in the forum.

Thanks

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Sålt sig som en hora, ja han har sålt sig som en hora (sold himself like a whore, yes he has sold himself like a whore) is used alot when the ref makes something bad.

Sopa, idiot, bondjävel, Lee Baxter (crap, idiot, farmer, Lee Baxter) is used when the goalkeeper of the opposite teams kicks the ball away, Lee Baxter was a former goalkeeper aswell... A really bad one :D

X suger kuk i Y (X sucks cock Y, where X represents a player and Y the team) is used on some players, one of the most uncreative and boring shit ever made...

Vi skänker Skåne till Danmark (we're giving Skåne to Denmark) is used against teams from Skåne just because it was a former danish province, they speak with a non-understandable dialect and they're close to Denmark :D

Alla i Göteborg heter Glenn
(Everyone in Göteborg is named Glenn) is the best ever, just because IFK Göteborg had like 7 starters, all named Glenn! :D

·
Slave to the rhyme.
506 Posts
Is there any good Swedish language learning sites for English speakers with all the slang words too? I would be really interested in learning Swedish, especially all the football slang :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts