Xtratime Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me?

I'm doing some research into the language used at football matches.

What sort of phrases, sayings or abuse are shouted at the players, officials or other fans in your country?

How are they said in the native language (and/or dialect) and how do they translate?

I'd be grateful if anybody could PM me with any information, especially if it is too rude to print in the forum.

Thanks

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Can anyone help me?

I'm doing some research into the language used at football matches.

What sort of phrases, sayings or abuse are shouted at the players, officials or other fans in your country?

How are they said in the native language (and/or dialect) and how do they translate?

I'd be grateful if anybody could PM me with any information, especially if it is too rude to print in the forum.

Thanks

Check your PM inbox as I don't want to hurt our sensitive red and blue readers. :D

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
If you're really making a research I don't mind helping you out via PMs. Feel free to ask anything.

The reason I quoted this part is because we can freely post Sporting fans insults. They are extremely correct individuals mainly because of their higher social status. The worst insult I've heard coming from their mouths was a...

"Excelentíssimo senhor árbitro, tenha a bondade de rever a sua decisão através de imagens televisivas assim que tenha oportunidade. Creio que o meu caro equivocou-se e, deve, quanto a mim, evitar que tal situação se volte a repetir no futuro".

After this behaviour in public, this gentleman was never again invited to a tea party. :D

·
Administrator
25,577 Posts
The worst insult I've heard coming from their mouths was a...

"Excelentíssimo senhor árbitro, tenha a bondade de rever a sua decisão através de imagens televisivas assim que tenha oportunidade. Creio que o meu caro equivocou-se e, deve, quanto a mim, evitar que tal situação se volte a repetir no futuro".
hey!!! there are ladies in the house:embarass: :D

·
Registered
276 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts