Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, glad to tell you about Thai football. Get ready for the long read.

We never have professional league. One of the reason is that there's not enough financial support from government or public. All the teams in the
league are even Bangkok organisation based team(i.e. Thai Army, Air Force, various banks teams, media company, etc.). Recently some organisation formed a league(not sure it's pro or semi-pro) with teams from all over Thailand.
Thai FA don't except them as Thailand official league, even though most
of Thais prefer that league(Pro League) than FA official Thai League (Bangkok
based.)

Corruption is the biggest problem in Thai FA. You ask any "true"Thai
football fans do they like our current Thai FA president & co., all of
them will say no. He never improve our football league. In fact, now the
current Thai football is the the lowest since I remember. The biggest Thai sport newspaper is in the president's pocket...and vice versa.

The reason we're the biggest football nation in SE Asia is that...Thai have similar/ a bit better physical compare to our neighbors. You can see we're nothing when we play outside SE Asia. Now those neighbors are catching on and slowly getting better than us. All of them got a good backing and not as bad FA(I guess) that's why they can have a strong professional leagues.

Thai players go play abroad because they will get paid much more than play in our league. Few years back Thai football club(which now fold for the reason I don't know) won consecutive Asian Champion League, we even beat J-Legue team. So to answer your question, yes those countries' leagues are better, in any ways, than current Thailand official league.

·
Registered
203 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts