Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to know the funniest thing(s) you've seen at a football match you've been to. It could be some unbelievable piece of skill by a player, a stripper running on to the pitch or a funny chant etc. Please give details. For example, i was at the England-Colombia match when Higuita did that pretty amazing scorpion kick and in another match i went to (i think it was QPR-Liverpool a few years back) Mark Wright slammed the ball out of play and it rebounded off the top of the stand, came back down, and knocked out one of the spectators! ;)

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
the funniest moment in football....
I remembered one. here goes..
It was a liverpoll game, I forgot against whom, a couple of years back, in 1995, if I'm not mistaken. we had stan collymore and robbie fowler.
stan received the ball, and he kicked it towards the goalkeeper, the ball just rolled on the ground, slowly I would said, the kick is not that strong.
the goalkeeper just bend over, with his hand together, waiting for the ball to come onto his lap... like he said 'come to papa'. the ball just rolled, and it rolled onto his lap, actually rolled onto his hand (he was actually holding it) and then, from his hand, the ball just made a detour and rolled and rolled into the goal. the goalkeeper try to catch the ball but its too late.
i can't believe my eyes when I see it, it's probably the most funniest goal ever. stan couldn't believe his eyes, so thus robbie, that's why he just stood there instead of celebrating his goal, with his mouth open and robbie keep slapping stan's face and it seems to say.... it really happening!
and the goal was probably the most funniest moment voted by the FA, if i'm not mistaken.
ciao!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
River, the same thing happened when we played Tottenham at White Hart lane a few years ago(i was sitting right behind the goal) when Mcmanaman took a weak shot and the ball kicked up off the turf and flipped over Ian Walker's arms into the net. Even he started laughing, much to the annoyance of the Spurs fans. He He!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
River, that lucky keeper in 96 was Tim Flowers(Blackburn).

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
I don't think that you can beat Babb smacking his nuts against the post full pelt versus Man U. (ouch)

Also when the pool were playing Boro in the Worthington Cup and it was Bakers first match. Had to mark Macca and he did it so tightly (illegally) and pulled on his shirt so much that Macca took it off and offered it to him (very funny).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts