Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok being that this forum is a mess right now i figured I'd give making a new thread a try and hope it does not flop :smileani:

So here are some questions to answer and maybe some fun discussions/ stories come out of it

Favourite Team (in Serbia and why how you began to support them)

Favourite Player (Serbian and why)

Favourite Team (outside of Serbia and why)

Favourite Player (Non Serbian and why)

Favourite footballing moments(in particular the one(s) that started you on the path to loving football

Footballing moments involving yourself maybe you played at a high level or have some interesting/ funny stories

I will post mine in just a little bit let's have some fun with this guys :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Red Star, i just started watching them a few years back. dad cheers for ofk, while uncle cheers for partizan so that leave zvezda for me.

nemanja vidic-no compeition here, solid as a rock

dont have a team outside, i just follow the teams with serbs on it as i do in basketball.

c. ronaldo= cause hes hot(no homo) no but hes just too sick.

yugo-croatia(euro 2000) zvezda-roma(uefa cup)

as for your own football moments nothing really, id say all the arguments/scuffles i get into.

·
Ne oprastam
12,643 Posts
Miki the hippie:pp

Favourite Team (in Serbia and why how you began to support them)- Crvena Zvezda because my dad was a fan and I thought red and white looked cooler then black and white.

Favourite Player (Serbian and why): Marko Pantelic becasue he is a warrior and a gangsta. Nenad Milijas because I like his style and he is under appreciated.

Favourite Team (outside of Serbia and why): Toronto FC and any team that has a Serb on it. TFC because its cool to have a somewhat professional team in Canada and I enjoy going to the games.

Favourite Player (Non Serbian and why): Arjen Robben, I love watching him play too bad he has injury problems.

Favourite footballing moments(in particular the one(s) that started you on the path to loving football: I started really following football during WC 98' qualifying but the moment that made me fall in love with it happened on October 9, 1999 :proud:

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Favourite Team (in Serbia and why how you began to support them)Partizan Beograd it was first a family imposed type of thing. Then I ended up living not to far from the JNA and going to to games frequently before that i liked Partizan but i can't say I loved Partizan untill actually going to the stadium singing chanting and now Partizan is a mandatory thing in every day life for better or for worse I'm glad it is the way it is.

Favourite Player (Serbian and why) Right now it has to be Jovanovic hard worker nice to watch has a good attitude and seems like a cool guy off the pitch.

Barca just have always admired there style have pretty much always had classy players and have been fun to watch.

Favourite Player (Non Serbian and why) Ronaldinho even though he looks past it now and did not exactly conduct himself properly before leaving Barca he has done some stunning things and every time he would play I'd get excited and anticipate what kind of miracle he would do next and those kind of players only come around every so often.

Favourite footballing moments(in particular the one(s) that started you on the path to loving football The footballing moment was stepping into Partizans stadium for the first time as a boy i was so overwhelmed. Best moment i can recently think of was Partizan vs Newcastle in 2003. The other was traveling to Mostar in 89 to watch Partizan vs Celtic and we won 2-1.

Footballing moments involving yourself maybe you played at a high level or have some interesting/ funny stories I played football as a youth back home on the right side of midfield. After one match a scout from " a bitter rival" approached me and i was offered a youth contract the answer was a very strong no. He kept trying to persuade me as i was walking to the stands towards my father. When I got to my father he had a look of concern on his face and asked me who the man was I informed him and my father and other family members chased the scout all the way back to his vehicle:proud:. Only down side to that story is not to long after i had a major injury and was forced out of competitve football not to much later :mad:

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Crvena Zvezda becouse as a kid i had an impression that only dumbasses and losers go for Partizan, it was all Zvezda

Sinisa Mihajlovic - he stands out for me, he was great on and of the pitch, used to love how he used to pull the colar on his shirt up before he takes freekicks, that was gangsta.:pp

Manchester United, becouse of sir alex,scholes, giggs, vidic, great history, great organisation ..

Footballing moments involving yourself in some interesting/ funny stories:
two years back approximatly, manchester vs liverpool, full pub of liverpool supporters and us manchester supporters , in the last minute Manchester scores ... best moment ever:proud:
all of us singing and all those losers can do is greeze as off
many more but this is the first that came to mind

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Miki the hippie:pp

Favourite Team (outside of Serbia and why): Toronto FC and any team that has a Serb on it. TFC because its cool to have a somewhat professional team in Canada and I enjoy going to the games.

[/B]
:smileani:

About TFC i have been to BMO field once not during a game but to watch a training session. It is pretty nice i sat behind the goals on the north stand. It looks like there is not really a bad seat in the house. Only problem I have is you cannot smoke anywhere but that patio on the north side from my understanding.It is a little thing i guess but a big problem to me.

·
Registered
27,401 Posts
Favourite footballing moments(in particular the one(s) that started you on the path to loving football The footballing moment was stepping into Partizans stadium for the first time as a boy i was so overwhelmed. Best moment i can recently think of was Partizan vs Newcastle in 2003. The other was traveling to Mostar in 89 to watch Partizan vs Celtic and we won 2-1.
Why was it in Mostar and how old are you? :stoned:

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think there was stadium repairs/ some kind of reconstruction but I'm not 100 %. As for the age question old enough to remember 1989 a little bit :pp

·
Registered
27,401 Posts
:stoned: You're a slippery eel, Miki.

Favourite Team (in Serbia and why how you began to support them)-Partizan, because my family supports it, I am not a ahardcore fan.

Favourite Player (Serbian and why)-Milos Krasic, I like his style, when he is confident he takes on players fearlessly, like against Portugal at U-21.

Favourite Team (outside of Serbia and why)- Fiorentina, they are just a classy team.

Favourite Player (Non Serbian and why)-Gianluca Zambrotta, always liked him.

Favourite footballing moments(in particular the one(s) that started you on the path to loving football-Yugoslavia-Germany, WC '98.

Footballing moments involving yourself maybe you played at a high level or have some interesting/ funny stories- NONE!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:stoned: You're a slippery eel, Miki.

Favourite Team (in Serbia and why how you began to support them)-Partizan, because my family supports it, I am not a ahardcore fan.
I always knew you were a good guy Serb :thumbsup: :proud:. Although since your not a hardcore fan me and Grboari might have to persuade you to be a little more hardcore or else he might ....

KILL :boxing: :howler:

·
Registered
27,401 Posts
I always knew you were a good guy Serb :thumbsup: :proud:. Although since your not a hardcore fan me and Grboari might have to persuade you to be a little more hardcore or else he might ....

KILL :boxing: :howler:
grobari is my boy, you better watch out. :frustrat:

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Zvezda. I got talked into it by deda.

Gojko Kacar. Is there anything he can't do? :strong:

Lazio. Twas the first jersey I ever donned. It started with FIFA 96. I was all about scoring goals, and they could flat out do it. So I ran with them, eventually following their progress IRL for the next 5, 6 years.

Favourite Player (Non Serbian and why)
Esteban Cambiasso. Great team player, does all the little things.

Favourite footballing moments(in particular the one(s) that started you on the path to loving football
Watching the Serie A highlights show on Sundays. In particular Batistuta ripping sh!t up. Copa America '95 also comes to mind. Oh and Gianluca Vialli's overhead goal against Piacenza that same year.

Footballing moments involving yourself
Scoring the winning goal in a under 13 B match. Think Mijatovic v Juventus. :D

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Favourite team: Partizan. My father and cousins that were athletic had an influence on me when I was young. It seemed like my family members who liked zvezda weren't really into sports.

Favorite player: Vidic. He is the only player I brag about to my non-serbian friends.

Outside Serbia: it changes due to if any serbs are on team, i guess now its manchester serbs.

favorite non-serb: maradona- not sure if it was because i was young but it seemed like he had a passion for the game that was unmatched

it will show my age, the first and to this day still the most memorable. the world cup when we lost to argentina in the quarters. All the hype over maradona and argentina and we got a red card in the first half and outplayed argentina with 1 man down up until penalty kicks.second would be mijatovic missing pk against holland while berkgamp should have gotten red carded for injuring mihalovic. and the year we couldnt play. 3 what if world cups in a row. maybe there was 1 in between.

Footballing moments involving yourself maybe you played at a high level or have some interesting/ funny stories:
first game of season when i was 17 goalie took a goal kick and i hit it one time from 35 meters and scored. they were one of best ranked teams and he was best ranked goalie, then the next week i quit and never played again. couldn't stand coach. second was scoring on a bicycle kick even though it hit my hand on the way in, but ref never saw it, i called it the hand of god

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
milos said:
Marko Pantelic becasue he is a warrior and a gangsta.
:howler: :thumbsup: :cap:

sippypowder said:
when i was 17 goalie took a goal kick and i hit it one time from 35 meters and scored. they were one of best ranked teams and he was best ranked goalie
Props!

Zikzi said:
once i managed to score a goal from the corner
Badass. :cool:

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
thanks guys. i used to love practice scoring on a corner kick, never did it in a game i guess i was most of the time in there going for the header. did you do it in a close game, i remember trying to pull stuff like that but only when we were winning by alot.

the thread is a nice idea for a distraction

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Favourite Team (in Serbia and why how you began to support them) Crvena Zvezda, mainly because of my dad and uncle, plus because they are simply the better team :proud:

Favourite Player (Serbian and why) Dejan Stankovic, i was a Deki type of player plus he was a big star while i was growing up especially in his late Zvezda days early Lazio. I also wanted to become a player like Deki.

Favourite Team (outside of Serbia and why) Probably Man Utd due to Cantona, Scholes, Giggs, Beckham, Andy cole and Dwight Yorke even though i did like Liverpool for a few years.

Favourite Player (Non Serbian and why) Ronaldo(The better one) He was the best player in the world while i was growing up, he was at Barcelona and destroyed most teams.

Favourite footballing moments(in particular the one(s) that started you on the path to loving football, Leicester vs Zvezda most likely as it was the first game i went to with my dad and uncle, been to a lot more before that but they werent as memorable, especially Acimovic's amazing goal against Tim Flowers.

Footballing moments involving yourself maybe you played at a high level or have some interesting/ funny stories, Having trials for Northampton, and being Kettering Towns captain for 10 years, plus scoring a 25 yarder on my Kettering Town debut at the age of 8.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
All the corner kick talk reminds of a game where we had a corner late and it was a close game. I was usually the one to take the corners but one of my team mates waved me off and went to the corner flag to take it :frustrat:. As i was walking into the box i started saying to one of the strikers how stupid the other guy was. I turn around and at that exact moment his foot hits the ball and somehow we just all watch it take a weird curve and curl into the goal. Needless to say i felt really stupid afterwards :howler: and as it turned out the goal was a result of a combination of luck and horrible aim as he ment to actually swing it into the box and after letting him take a couple corners the following game the coach quickly realized again that i was the man for the job :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Favorite Team (in Serbia) Crvena Zvezda b/c my whole family expect for my brother cheer for CZ, thats how I got hooked.

Favorite Player (Serbian and why) Bosko Jankovic, you have to love the way the guys plays, when his on his unstopable, and he has the most flare.

Favorite Team (outside Serbia) Manchester United, became a fan about four years ago, I just love the way they play, SAF is the best coach ever.

Favorite Player (non Serbian) CR7, love to watch the guy play, gives his all every time he steps on the field.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts