Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:star: Unione Sportivo FOGGIA :star:

Club's history​
U.S. Foggia is an Italian football club, based in Foggia, Apulia. The club was founded in 1920. Foggia currently plays in Serie C1/B, having last been in Serie A in 1995. The team gained some popularity in the 1990s when coached by Zdenek Zeman, because of its attacking, spectacular style of play, which brought Foggia continuously on the verge of UEFA Cup qualification.

Notable former players include Giuseppe Signori, Francesco Baiano, Roberto Rambaudi and Dan Petrescu.

Foggia spent most of its history up to 1964 moving between the lower divisions. Promotion to Serie A in 1964 saw its first three-year spell in the top flight in what would be a decade and a half of continuous movement between Serie A and B. In their first season, a solid defence and excellent home record saw them into a credible 9th place. The following year a good defence was maintained but they slipped in the standings, and relegation came after three years.

A second promotion was achieved in 1970, and Foggia would be extremely unlucky to be relegated after one season. A return to Serie A in 1973 would see the team start well only for form to slip alarmingly in the second half of the season, with a corruption scandal adding insult to injury. Nevertheless, the club proved resilient enough to win another promotion in 1976 with a two-year spell. One of the club's more notable players in this period was midfielder Luigi Del Neri.

The 1980s saw Foggia fall into the lower leagues before a revival at the end of the decade. After promotion back to Serie B in 1989, Zdenek Zeman set the club up for another golden period. With Signori headlining the attack, Foggia secured the Serie B title in 1991. Season 1991-92 saw Foggia's all-attack philosophy make a major impression on Serie A, ending the season in 9th place although they suffered an 8-2 home defeat to champions Milan (atfter leading 2-1) on the final day. Despite the loss of Signori and others making team rebuilding necessary, the following two seasons saw Foggia maintain a mid-table position under Zeman, who would leave for Lazio in 1994.

The departure of Zeman was a huge blow, but in the first half of 1994-95 the team seemed to be doing well. An inexplicable collapse in form, however, saw the club's stay in Serie A come to an end after four years, and relegation to Serie C1 in 1998 and C2 in 1999 followed, making Foggia's decline one of the most rapid in recent times. After four years in Italy's fourth division, promotion to Serie C1 came in 2003 and has been followed by two mid-table seasons, whether a return to the upper levels of Italian football can be achieved remains to be seen.

Taken from Wikipedia :thumbsup:​
Game info:
  • FM 2006, ver 6.0.2
  • Using DDT file from Panoz / FM Italia
  • Usining DB update from Panoz / FM Italia
  • Running leagues Italy, Germany, France, Englan, Spain
  • Game start date: 5th April 2006
  • Playing for: Foggia :)

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
First meetenig between me, Tulio Capobianco (club's chairman) and Giussepe Pavone (club's GM) happened in summer. We talked about club's long term future in both playying and financial areas. They were little bit worried that if the club won't earn promotion into Serie B soon enough, it can result into huge debts and in worst case into bankrupcy.

After I explained them my view on that things, they told me that they'd like to welcome me in the club as their new manager at the end of 2005 - 2006 season. I agreed on that and we signed pre-contract.

The time was running very slowly, i attented psychlogical courses at that time to be ready to lead a professional club. Then in very early April I had a very unexpected phone-call, it was GM of Foggia. He told me that the situation in Foggia became much worse, the finances are in bad shape, the team was on 5th position, but in the very last match lost 4-0 at home. The fans became angry and attacked current manager of Foggia, who just day after that resigned of the club.

"We need a manager for last 5 matches of this season, and it'd be a nonsense to appoin spmeone just for those few matches - won't you join us earlier?"

I was very surprised, but accepted it. As agreed before, I was given contract until the end of next season, i was given transfer budget of 190k euros, and wage budget of 28k. As the current wages are 41k, i'll have hard work to get rid of many, overpayed players. The club's finances are currently in -600k.

The club's stadium capacity is 24847, and favoured personel are Francesco Baiano and Giusppe Pavone.

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Squad of Foggia

Code:
| Pkd    | Inf    | Name                 | Position       | Morale    | Form      | Con    | Apps   | Gls    | Av Rat | 
| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| -      |        | Antonio Efficie      | GK             | Poor      | 7-7-6-6-7 | 94%    | 1      | -      | 6.00   | 
| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| -      | Yel    | Domenico Liccardi    | GK             | Okay      | 7-6-7-7-7 | 92%    | 1      | -      | 7.00   | 
| -      |        | Vincenzo Marruocco   | GK             | Superb    | 7-7-8-6-8 | 95%    | 35     | -      | 7.00   | 
| -      |        | Gianluca Sgarra      | D RC           | Good      | 6-5-6-6-6 | 94%    | 6      | 1      | 6.33   | 
| -      | Slt    | Pietro Sportillo     | D LC           | Poor      | 7-8-6-7-7 | 94%    | 26 (1) | -      | 6.78   | 
| -      |        | Denis Dasoul         | D LC, DM       | Superb    | 6-7-7-8-8 | 83%    | 13 (3) | -      | 6.75   | 
| -      |        | Luigi Di Giorgio     | D C            | Superb    | 7-7-8-7-7 | 84%    | 28     | -      | 7.00   | 
| -      | Slt    | Luca Pagliarulo      | D C            | Very Poor | 8-7-6-7-5 | 90%    | 4 (7)  | -      | 6.45   | 
| -      |        | Giampaolo Parisi     | D C            | Superb    | 8-8-7-7-8 | 82%    | 31 (1) | -      | 7.16   | 
| -      |        | Tommy Beltrame       | D/WB R         | Superb    | 7-8-6-7-7 | 88%    | 10     | -      | 7.20   | 
| -      |        | Rosario Chiarello    | D/WB R         | Good      | 7-5-7-7-6 | 95%    | 7 (2)  | -      | 6.44   | 
| -      |        | Salvatore D'Alterio  | D/WB R         | Poor      | 7-6-6-6-7 | 99%    | 13 (2) | -      | 6.67   | 
| -      |        | Miguel Lapolla       | D/WB RL        | Okay      | 7-8-6-7-7 | 88%    | 10 (1) | -      | 6.82   | 
| -      |        | David Stefani        | WB R, DM, M RC | Superb    | 7-7-7-7-6 | 85%    | 17 (2) | 1      | 6.53   | 
| -      |        | Fabio Marco Giordano | WB/M R         | Superb    | 7-7-6-6-7 | 83%    | 31 (4) | 4      | 6.60   | 
| -      | Inj    | Giuseppe Pisani      | WB/M L         | Good      | 6-7-8-6-7 | 26%    | 5 (2)  | -      | 7.00   | 
| -      | Slt    | Gianmarco Frezza     | WB/AM L        | Superb    | 6-6-7-5-6 | 87%    | 20 (2) | -      | 6.59   | 
| -      |        | Enrico Antonioni     | M RC           | Good      | 6-6-6-6-6 | 94%    | 9 (1)  | -      | 6.30   | 
| -      |        | Giuseppe Agostinone  | M L            | Very Good | 6-7-5-6-7 | 98%    | 1 (1)  | 1      | 6.50   | 
| -      |        | Vincenzo Catalano    | M C            | Superb    | 6-8-8-6-8 | 77%    | 27 (1) | -      | 6.96   | 
| -      |        | Matias Claudio Cuffa | M C            | Good      | 6-6-8-7-6 | 95%    | 9 (1)  | -      | 6.60   | 
| -      |        | Massimiliano Marsili | M C            | Very Poor | 6-7-7-5-7 | 91%    | 13     | -      | 6.54   | 
| -      |        | Alessio Carteni      | AM R           | Good      | 6-7-6-6-7 | 100%   | 2      | -      | 6.00   | 
| -      |        | Sebastian Di Senso   | AM RC          | Good      | 5-6-6-7-9 | 90%    | 2 (1)  | -      | 7.67   | 
| -      | Slt    | Cristian Ranalli     | AM RL, F C     | Superb    | 7-7-5-6-8 | 76%    | 34 (2) | 15     | 6.97   | 
| -      |        | Fabio Fanelli        | AM LC          | Okay      | 6-7-6-7-7 | 93%    | 2 (9)  | 1      | 6.00   | 
| -      | Slt    | David Mounard        | AM LC          | Okay      | 6-6-7-6-7 | 91%    | 11 (4) | 2      | 6.40   | 
| -      |        | Lucas Cantoro        | ST             | Good      | 8-6-5-7-6 | 54%    | 19 (4) | 8      | 6.48   | 
| -      |        | Roberto Maffucci     | ST             | Poor      | 6-6-6-7-8 | 93%    | 13 (4) | 9      | 6.59   | 
| -      |        | Rafael               | ST             | Good      | 6-7-7-6-7 | 92%    | 0 (6)  | -      | 6.67   | 
| -      |        | Marco Zagaria        | ST             | Superb    | 8-6-8-7-8 | 82%    | 7 (4)  | 5      | 7.00   | 
|        |        |                      |                |           |           |        |        |        |        | 

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good start

My very first match in charge was at Chieti. Chieti is decent team and i didn't expected any easy match there. I played with 4-4-2 formation, on new formation i'll work in the pre-season. We started with heavy pressure which helped us along with home team's mistakes, to gain possesion. In 44th minute it finally brought us a goal - Ranalli get nice pass from left wing and scored by nicely placed shot. In second half nothing special happened, Marruocco saved us with few good interventions.

Chieti - Foggia 0-1 (0-1) Ranalli.

During after match press conference i thanked to my players for good performance they showed in this match. I also promised the fans that in 14 months we will be in Serie B!

Next was my first in front of home public, unfortunately we couldn't score agains Lanciano and drew with them. It was once again Marruocco who did many good saves and become man of the match.

Foggia - Lanciano 0-0

Luckely, we get back on the track by winning at Manfredonia. It was very good match, the best one so far. The only goal we scored in 2nd half, it scored right winger Carteri who is at Foggia loaned from Lecce.

Manfredonia - Foggia 0-1 (0-0) Carteri

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2 loses = no playoff

At the begining of may i was told by the club's chairman that he and the whole board are very impressed by my start.

Unfortunately good start didn't contiued anymore as we lost both May matches. First one came at home against Acireale. We had good start, but it were guests who went in lead thanks to a penalty. Despite bing better in whole match we couldn't score and lost important match.

Foggia - Acireale 0-1 (0-1) Copolla

In the last match of the season we played at Gela. They were 6th before this match, 3 points behind us. If we managed to draw there, we'd qualify into promotion playoff. But... two quick goals sent us down, then Pagliaullo got sent off and just a minute before half time Gela made it 3-0. In second half we at least started to defend better and didn't conceded anymore.

Gela - Foggia 3-0 (3-0) Scro', Baclet, Abate

Here is final table of Serie C1 Group B

Code:
| Pos   | Inf   | Team           |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1st   | C     | Napoli         |       | 34    | 23    | 9     | 2     | 57    | 21    | +36   | 78    | 
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 2nd   |       | Perugia        |       | 34    | 22    | 5     | 7     | 52    | 29    | +23   | 71    | 
| 3rd   | P     | Frosinone      |       | 34    | 18    | 7     | 9     | 57    | 30    | +27   | 61    | 
| 4th   |       | Pisa           |       | 34    | 17    | 8     | 9     | 53    | 33    | +20   | 59    | 
| 5th   |       | Gela           |       | 34    | 15    | 8     | 11    | 47    | 41    | +6    | 53    | 
| 6th   |       | Foggia         |       | 34    | 15    | 8     | 11    | 39    | 32    | +7    | 53    | 
| 7th   |       | Lucchese       |       | 34    | 12    | 11    | 11    | 45    | 45    | 0     | 47    | 
| 8th   |       | Pistoiese      |       | 34    | 13    | 8     | 13    | 39    | 39    | 0     | 47    | 
| 9th   |       | Chieti         |       | 34    | 12    | 8     | 14    | 42    | 43    | -1    | 44    | 
| 10th  |       | Acireale       |       | 34    | 11    | 10    | 13    | 39    | 44    | -5    | 43    | 
| 11th  |       | Massese        |       | 34    | 10    | 13    | 11    | 38    | 46    | -8    | 43    | 
| 12th  |       | Juve Stabia    |       | 34    | 10    | 9     | 15    | 32    | 53    | -21   | 39    | 
| 13th  |       | Sassari Torres |       | 34    | 10    | 8     | 16    | 33    | 45    | -12   | 38    | 
| 14th  | R     | Grosseto       |       | 34    | 8     | 11    | 15    | 41    | 46    | -5    | 35    | 
| 15th  |       | Lanciano       |       | 34    | 8     | 10    | 16    | 30    | 43    | -13   | 34    | 
| 16th  | R     | Manfredonia    |       | 34    | 10    | 4     | 20    | 30    | 48    | -18   | 34    | 
| 17th  |       | Sangiovannese  |       | 34    | 8     | 8     | 18    | 34    | 49    | -15   | 32    | 
| 18th  | R     | Martina        |       | 34    | 6     | 11    | 17    | 33    | 54    | -21   | 29    | 
|       |       |                |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       | 
Despite the club's bad finances, i started to arrange transfers for summer. So far all of them will be for free, i also tried to keep in my club players, who were with us on loan this season.

Here are stats of our players at the end of season

Code:
| Pkd    | Inf    | Name                 | Position       | Morale | Form      | Con    | Apps   | Gls    | Av Rat | 
| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| -      |        | Antonio Efficie      | GK             | Good   | 7-7-6-6-7 | 94%    | 1      | -      | 6.00   | 
| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| -      |        | Domenico Liccardi    | GK             | Okay   | 6-7-7-7-5 | 95%    | 2      | -      | 6.00   | 
| -      |        | Vincenzo Marruocco   | GK             | Good   | 8-7-6-7-6 | 99%    | 39     | -      | 6.95   | 
| -      |        | Gianluca Sgarra      | D RC           | Good   | 5-6-6-6-7 | 87%    | 7      | 1      | 6.43   | 
| -      | Inj    | Pietro Sportillo     | D LC           | Okay   | 7-7-6-6-6 | 30%    | 30 (1) | -      | 6.71   | 
| -      |        | Denis Dasoul         | D LC, DM       | Good   | 7-7-8-8-7 | 95%    | 13 (4) | -      | 6.76   | 
| -      |        | Luigi Di Giorgio     | D C            | Good   | 7-8-6-7-6 | 99%    | 32     | -      | 6.97   | 
| -      |        | Luca Pagliarulo      | D C            | Okay   | 7-6-7-5-5 | 94%    | 5 (7)  | -      | 6.33   | 
| -      |        | Giampaolo Parisi     | D C            | Good   | 8-7-6-7-6 | 99%    | 35 (1) | -      | 7.08   | 
| -      |        | Tommy Beltrame       | D/WB R         | Good   | 7-6-7-6-7 | 100%   | 14 (1) | -      | 7.00   | 
| -      |        | Rosario Chiarello    | D/WB R         | Okay   | 5-7-7-6-5 | 95%    | 8 (2)  | -      | 6.30   | 
| -      |        | Salvatore D'Alterio  | D/WB R         | Good   | 7-6-6-6-7 | 64%    | 13 (2) | -      | 6.67   | 
| -      |        | Miguel Lapolla       | D/WB RL, M L   | Okay   | 8-6-7-7-5 | 97%    | 11 (1) | -      | 6.67   | 
| -      |        | David Stefani        | WB R, DM, M RC | Good   | 6-8-7-7-7 | 99%    | 21 (2) | 1      | 6.65   | 
| -      |        | Fabio Marco Giordano | WB/M R         | Okay   | 7-6-6-7-5 | 97%    | 32 (4) | 4      | 6.56   | 
| -      |        | Giuseppe Pisani      | WB/M L         | Okay   | 7-8-6-7-5 | 94%    | 6 (2)  | -      | 6.75   | 
| -      |        | Gianmarco Frezza     | WB/AM L        | Good   | 6-6-7-7-6 | 98%    | 24 (2) | -      | 6.58   | 
| -      |        | Massimiliano Marsili | DM             | Poor   | 7-7-5-7-5 | 94%    | 14     | -      | 6.43   | 
| -      |        | Enrico Antonioni     | M RC           | Okay   | 6-6-6-6-7 | 94%    | 9 (2)  | -      | 6.36   | 
| -      |        | Vincenzo Catalano    | M C            | Okay   | 8-6-8-6-7 | 97%    | 29 (1) | -      | 6.93   | 
| -      |        | Matias Claudio Cuffa | M C            | Okay   | 6-8-7-6-6 | 95%    | 10 (1) | -      | 6.55   | 
| -      |        | Alessio Carteni      | AM R           | Okay   | 7-7-7-7-6 | 97%    | 2 (4)  | 1      | 6.50   | 
| -      | Slt    | Sebastian Di Senso   | AM RC          | Okay   | 9-7-6-6-5 | 97%    | 6 (1)  | -      | 6.71   | 
| -      |        | Francesco Scarpa     | AM RLC         | Okay   | -         | 94%    | -      | -      | -      | 
| -      |        | Cristian Ranalli     | AM RL, F C     | Good   | 8-8-6-7-7 | 99%    | 38 (2) | 16     | 6.97   | 
| -      |        | David Mounard        | AM LC          | Good   | 7-6-7-7-7 | 95%    | 11 (6) | 2      | 6.47   | 
| -      |        | Fabio Fanelli        | AM LC, F C     | Okay   | 7-7-7-7-6 | 98%    | 6 (9)  | 1      | 6.20   | 
| -      |        | Lucas Cantoro        | ST             | Good   | 7-6-7-6-7 | 96%    | 21 (5) | 8      | 6.50   | 
| -      | Trn    | Roberto Maffucci     | ST             | Poor   | 6-6-7-8-6 | 94%    | 13 (5) | 9      | 6.56   | 
| -      |        | Rafael               | ST             | Okay   | 7-7-6-7-5 | 94%    | 1 (6)  | -      | 6.43   | 
| -      |        | Marco Zagaria        | ST             | Okay   | 8-7-8-6-5 | 98%    | 8 (5)  | 5      | 6.77   | 
|        |        |                      |                |        |           |        |        |        |        | 

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tanel said:
Why didn't you continue HSV!? :(
Sorry Tanel :depress: I couldn't get into the game, i still have the save, maybe i'll try to play it later :)

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As said before, i tred to bring in some players whose contracts were close to end. On my ofers agreed Fabio Fanelli from Catania, who spent last season on loan at Foggia, Corrado Grabbi from Genoa, Gianluca Galasso from Roma, but last season was in Ternana, Mattia Altobelli from Inter - last season on loan at Avellino, Roberto Maffucci from Reggina - but last season was with us, Alex Pederzoli from Juventus, last season at Spezia, Niccolo' Manfredini from Fiorentina and Davide Rossi from San Marino.

Arrival of Galasso made the fans happy and they started to believe in the promotion dream. During july i brought in another three players, they were Rocco Sabato from Catania for 22k, former italian international Daniele Adani from Ascoli for 9k and Simone Groppi from Triestina for 3k. I also loaned Valerio Quondamateo from Serie D club Sansovino.

During pre season we played three matches - all against Serie D teams, we beat Sestese 5-0, Bolzano 2-1 and Rondinella 3-0. After that followed match of Coppa Italia 1st qualifing round against Serie B side Avelino.

During the summer i worked on tactics, also because of having only one true striker Grabbi I decided to play 4-3-3, with Altobelli and last season's fans favourite Ranalli on wings. In the net was place for Marruocco, defensive four was crated of Bellmare - Adani - Pagliarulo - Sabato. And finally in midfield were captain Stefani, Galasso and Fanelli.

In the first match we beat Avellino 3-0, as Grabbi got injured during training, i had to play with young Zagaria, but he scored 2 goals, the last one added Altobelli who played last season with Avellino.

In next round we played at Livorno, it turned into disaster. Grabbi who returned after injury got injured once again and after good 45 minutes we conceded at begining of second half twice. In 60th minute they scored the last goal of the match and we lost there 3-0

Our league campaign didn't started too well, we drew at home with Valenzana 0-0, won against Pisa 2-1, but then lost twice against Acireale 0-1 and at Sangiovanese also 0-1. But then we started amazing run of 21 matches without lose (including only 3 draws), that saw us getting onto the top of Serie C1-B! That's how looked the table during christmas.

Code:
| Pos   | Inf   | Team           |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| 1st   |       | [B]Foggia[/B]         |       | 17    | 11    | 4     | 2     | 31    | 10    | +21   | 37    | 
| 2nd   |       | Arezzo         |       | 17    | 10    | 6     | 1     | 36    | 11    | +25   | 36    | 
| 3rd   |       | Pistoiese      |       | 17    | 11    | 3     | 3     | 33    | 12    | +21   | 36    | 
| 4th   |       | Perugia        |       | 17    | 10    | 2     | 5     | 28    | 13    | +15   | 32    | 
| 5th   |       | Massese        |       | 17    | 8     | 5     | 4     | 26    | 19    | +7    | 29    | 
| 6th   |       | Sassari Torres |       | 17    | 8     | 4     | 5     | 24    | 18    | +6    | 28    | 
| 7th   |       | Pisa           |       | 17    | 8     | 3     | 6     | 24    | 18    | +6    | 27    | 
| 8th   |       | Juve Stabia    |       | 17    | 7     | 3     | 7     | 15    | 25    | -10   | 24    | 
| 9th   |       | Acireale       |       | 17    | 7     | 3     | 7     | 25    | 27    | -2    | 24    | 
| 10th  |       | Valenzana      |       | 17    | 6     | 4     | 7     | 17    | 19    | -2    | 22    | 
| 11th  |       | Cisco Roma     |       | 17    | 5     | 5     | 7     | 15    | 20    | -5    | 20    | 
| 12th  |       | Lanciano       |       | 17    | 5     | 4     | 8     | 21    | 23    | -2    | 19    | 
| 13th  |       | Sangiovannese  |       | 17    | 4     | 6     | 7     | 20    | 27    | -7    | 18    | 
| 14th  |       | Sambenedettese |       | 17    | 4     | 4     | 9     | 19    | 28    | -9    | 16    | 
| 15th  |       | Chieti         |       | 17    | 4     | 2     | 11    | 16    | 35    | -19   | 14    | 
| 16th  |       | Gela           |       | 17    | 3     | 5     | 9     | 17    | 27    | -10   | 14    | 
| 17th  |       | Lucchese       |       | 17    | 3     | 5     | 9     | 22    | 34    | -12   | 14    | 
| 18th  |       | Nocerina       |       | 17    | 3     | 4     | 10    | 15    | 38    | -23   | 13    | 
|       |       |                |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       | 
In winter i brought in right winger Alexandru Constantin for 1k from Dinamo Bucuresti and central defender Michele Bacis (who in the end became our murder...) from Genoa for 12k. Another arrival was loan of whole left side player Vite Redavid from Salernitana. Our first lose came at Sangivanese, it was in the worst possible moment. Just before matches against Pistoiese and Arezzo. Before those matches the top of table looked like this: 1st Arezzo 45, 2nd Foggia 44 3rd Pistoiese 43. But we lost both matches, 2-3 to Pistoiese and 0-2 to Arezzo, those loses ruled us out of title challenege. After those two bad results we had many draws and were happy to finish on 3rd place. Also, we were fighting in Italian Serie C Cup, here we were doing well, we beat Prato of C2-B, Sassari Torres and in semi final also Pistoiese. But in final we had to play against Hellas Verona, leader of Serie C1-A. Before the final we played semi final of C1-A promotion playoff, where we, with a lot of luck beat Pisa on aggregate after results 2-1 and 2-2.

Then came worst two weeks of the season - we lost EVERYTHING. It was because our players were very tired, three of our starters injured, and main striker Grabbi unhappy,we had a row as he wanted to leave us and asked for being transfer listed, he was also out of form as he couldn't score in last 6 matches. Against Verona we lost twice 0-1, but at least it earned us much money and helped us to leave red numbers. Against Pistoiese it was one of the most unlucky matches i've ever played. We scored two amazing goals, oth Perdezoli and Giordano scored by very long shots, while Pistoiese always equalised by Soncin, second equaliser came in 93rd minunte and it was a shot that our keeper hould really save. In second leg of playoff final scored Soncin after 49 seconds and it decided, our players were too tired fro reply.

After the match arrived offer from Aberdeed, they offered me 600k for Grabbi, as he was unhappy in my team I decided to accept it, I also accepted offer from Messina from my defender Rossi.

Here is final table of Serie C1-B

Code:
| 1st   | C     | Arezzo         |       | 34    | 22    | 7     | 5     | 75    | 26    | +49   | 73    | 
| 2nd   | P     | Pistoiese      |       | 34    | 21    | 6     | 7     | 58    | 22    | +36   | 69    | 
| 3rd   |       | [B]Foggia[/B]         |       | 34    | 18    | 10    | 6     | 61    | 26    | +35   | 64    | 
| 4th   |       | Pisa           |       | 34    | 18    | 7     | 9     | 60    | 39    | +21   | 61    | 
| 5th   |       | Perugia        |       | 34    | 17    | 6     | 11    | 53    | 34    | +19   | 57    | 
| 6th   |       | Massese        |       | 34    | 16    | 9     | 9     | 50    | 38    | +12   | 57    | 
| 7th   |       | Sassari Torres |       | 34    | 11    | 14    | 9     | 46    | 45    | +1    | 47    | 
| 8th   |       | Sambenedettese |       | 34    | 12    | 9     | 13    | 44    | 47    | -3    | 45    | 
| 9th   |       | Acireale       |       | 34    | 12    | 9     | 13    | 47    | 55    | -8    | 45    | 
| 10th  |       | Valenzana      |       | 34    | 12    | 7     | 15    | 36    | 43    | -7    | 43    | 
| 11th  |       | Lanciano       |       | 34    | 11    | 9     | 14    | 33    | 41    | -8    | 42    | 
| 12th  |       | Sangiovannese  |       | 34    | 9     | 13    | 12    | 49    | 55    | -6    | 40    | 
| 13th  |       | Chieti         |       | 34    | 11    | 6     | 17    | 38    | 58    | -20   | 39    | 
| 14th  |       | Cisco Roma     |       | 34    | 9     | 11    | 14    | 28    | 39    | -11   | 38    | 
| 15th  | R     | Lucchese       |       | 34    | 9     | 10    | 15    | 46    | 60    | -14   | 37    | 
| 16th  |       | Juve Stabia    |       | 34    | 10    | 6     | 18    | 33    | 62    | -29   | 36    | 
| 17th  | R     | Gela           |       | 34    | 5     | 12    | 17    | 31    | 52    | -21   | 27    | 
| 18th  | R     | Nocerina       |       | 34    | 3     | 9     | 22    | 26    | 72    | -46   | 18    | 
And stats of our players:

Code:
| Pkd    | Inf    | Name                 | Position       | Morale    | Form      | Con    | Apps   | Gls    | Av Rat | 
| -      | Trn    | Gioacchino Cavaliere | GK             | Okay      | 6-6-7-7   | 95%    | 2      | -      | 7.00   | 
| -      | Wnt    | Nicolo Manfredini    | GK             | Okay      | 8-6-7-6-6 | 94%    | 9 (1)  | -      | 6.90   | 
| -      |        | Vincenzo Marruocco   | GK             | Good      | 8-7-7-7-7 | 80%    | 41     | -      | 7.05   | 
| -      |        | Daniele Adani        | D RC           | Very Poor | 9-7-6-6-6 | 77%    | 45     | -      | 7.02   | 
| -      |        | Michele Bacis        | D RC           | Okay      | 7-6-6-5-6 | 100%   | 9 (5)  | -      | 6.14   | 
| -      | Trn    | Davide Rossi         | D RC           | Very Good | 6-6-6-8-7 | 74%    | 15 (1) | -      | 6.94   | 
| -      | Inj    | Luigi Di Giorgio     | D C            | Good      | 7-6-7-7-6 | 64%    | 16 (8) | -      | 6.63   | 
| -      |        | Tommy Beltrame       | D/WB R         | Okay      | 8-7-7-6-7 | 72%    | 34     | 4      | 7.32   | 
| -      | Trn    | Valerio Quondamatteo | D/WB R         | Okay      | 6-6-6-4-5 | 100%   | 16 (4) | 1      | 6.60   | 
| -      |        | Simone Groppi        | D/WB/M L       | Good      | 7-6-8-6-7 | 69%    | 29 (3) | -      | 6.91   | 
| -      | Inj    | David Stefani        | WB R, DM, M RC | Okay      | 5-7-7-8-8 | 38%    | 21 (15)| 1      | 6.92   | 
| -      |        | Fabio Marco Giordano | WB R, M RC     | Good      | 7-7-7-8-7 | 70%    | 23 (15)| 3      | 6.82   | 
| -      |        | Vito Redavid         | WB/M L         | Poor      | 6-6-7-7-6 | 94%    | 1 (5)  | -      | 6.33   | 
| -      |        | Gianmarco Frezza     | WB/AM L        | Very Poor | 6-6-7-6-6 | 93%    | 12 (16)| 3      | 6.46   | 
| -      |        | Vincenzo Catalano    | DM             | Okay      | 7-7-7-7-7 | 71%    | 34 (1) | -      | 7.09   | 
| -      | Wnt    | Alex Pederzoli       | DM             | Okay      | 7-8-8-8-6 | 77%    | 30 (7) | 4      | 7.30   | 
| -      | Inj    | Gianluca Galasso     | M LC           | Okay      | 6-7-7-6-7 | 31%    | 29 (3) | 3      | 6.91   | 
| -      |        | Alexandru Constantin | AM R           | Poor      | 6-6-6-6-6 | 85%    | 11 (9) | 2      | 6.25   | 
| -      |        | Fabio Fanelli        | AM RLC         | Okay      | 6-9-7-6-7 | 61%    | 29 (6) | 9      | 7.06   | 
| -      |        | Sebastian Di Senso   | AM RC, F C     | Okay      | 6-6-5-6-6 | 94%    | 9 (19) | -      | 6.25   | 
| -      |        | Cristian Ranalli     | AM RL, F C     | Okay      | 5-7-6-5-6 | 61%    | 27 (11)| 4      | 6.45   | 
| -      | Inj    | Giuseppe Agostinone  | AM L           | Very Good | 9-7-8-7-7 | 62%    | 1 (1)  | -      | 6.50   | 
| -      |        | Mattia Altobelli     | AM LC, F C     | Very Good | 8-6-8-7-6 | 76%    | 39 (7) | 16     | 6.96   | 
| -      | Loa    | Samuele Boccardi     | ST             | Good      | 6-7-7-8-6 | 94%    | 0 (3)  | 1      | 6.33   | 
| -      | Inj    | Marco Zagaria        | ST             | Okay      | 6-6-6-6-7 | 63%    | 5 (7)  | 4      | 6.33   | 
|        |        |                      |                |           |           |        |        |        |        | 
Note: Corrado Grabbi was already transfered, so he is missing here, he scored 35 goals in 46 matches, 27 of them were in league, he also added 9 assists (7+2) and 12 times wa man of the match.

Despite the fact i didn't managed to win the division, the board told me that they are happy with my overall performance and they are hoping to see the team promoted next season.

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Foggia Calcio, season 2007/2008​

We finished the season in which we earned 8M and losst 7,5M which saw us getting from red numbers, that is really good for a third division team. New season we started with some new arrivals, we brought in Matteo Vitaioli from San Marino, Valerio Quondamatteo from Sansovino - las season was on loan and convinced me to come, Martin Lejsal from Reggina, Roberto Massaro from Milan, Angelo Antonazzo from Ascoli and above all Marc Pfertzel from Livorno. Those all were free transfers, soon they were followed by Del Grosso from Giulianova, Alberto COmazzi from Verona and Alessandro Pfeifer from Salernita, who i immediately sent on loan to Avellino. I also loaned in striker Italo Mattioli from Lecce and midfielder Jacopo Zagaglioni from Fiorentina.

Italo Mattioli - Unstopable striker!

For pre season i had scheduled 6 matches, but in the end it was reduced to two, because of our succes in Italian Cup qualifing rounds. So in frinedlies we beat Vittoria 2-1 and Gallipoli 4-0, both Serie C2 clubs. Then came 1st qualifing round of italian cup. We played at home against Cremonese, we were soon in lead, but in 87th minute we conceded silly goal and the match went to over time, noone scored so penalties had to decide. We were more lucky and won 5-4. Next round we played at Cagliari, I missed 8 players of my starting lineup!!! but we won there 1-5, we were helped by an early red card for them. In 3rd qualifing match we played at home against Juve Stabia and easily won it 4-0. Then we suffered goalkeeping crisis, both Manfredni and Marruocco were injured, the first one for 6 months, so i loaned in Sciarone from Udinese to do backup for Lejsal.

Mark Pfertzel - Superb wingback!

During first match got Lejasl injured, so i brought Sciarone on field, but in after match report my physio told me Sciarone will be out for 4 months!! So i terminated his loan and went to buy Gabriele Bartoletti from Prato for 40k. At the start of season was our #1 Lejsal, it lasted for five weeks until Marruocco returned from injury. We had great start, during first 12 matches we didn't lost and together with Pisa run away from others. In 13th match of season we played at Pisa and lost there 3-1, this lose saw us on 2nd place until another Pisa clash...

Vincenzo Marruocco - Heroic keeper!

During the autumn season we also played in italian cup, in first round we managed to beat Serie A side Siena after results 1-1 away and 1-0 win at home. It was Chievo in quater final who kicked us out after 0-3 and 1-0 results. In winter i brought in some new players, we needed experience in defense so Trinchera of Manfredonia and Franceschini from Reggina. Our midfield strenghtened Moro from Manto and backup stricer became Altiner from the same club. On the very last day of winter transfer window i brought Samuele Salvadori from Fiorentina, who just on 3rd february injured himself for 4 months...

Ivan Franceschini - Rock in our defense!

The spring season started well and from February we managed to win in every but one game. The most important win came on 6th April against Pisa which before this match lead table with 3 points ahead. After amazing performance we beat them 3-1, on 87th minute when it was 2-1 they had penalty kick, but heroic Marruocco saved it, one of our defenders sent the ball forward to Mattioli who completed hattrick and made it 3-1! :proud: Unfortunately we lost in Serie C Cup semi final to Catanzaro, lost there 1-2 and at home draw 1-1 while we conceded on 88th minute.

Noccolo' Manfredini - Future star keeper?

Two matches before end of season we had 5 points lead, but lost at Acireale 0-1, luckely 3-0 win in last matchday against Catanzaro sent us directly to Serie B!!! Pisa, who were for 3/4 of season 1st lost in playoff to Frosinone, which returns back to Serie B. We celebrated our promotion in Serie C1 Supercup, we beat there Giulianova, winer of C1-A, 11-0 on agreggate 5-0 at home and 6-0 away. It was amazing match above all Fanelli and Altobelli showed their class.

FOGGIA IN SERIE B!!!​

Here are table of Serie C1-B and Foggia's players statisctics:

Code:
| 1st   | C     | Foggia         |       | 34    | 24    | 5     | 5     | 69    | 19    | +50   | 77    | 
| 2nd   | Pl    | Pisa           |       | 34    | 22    | 7     | 5     | 57    | 20    | +37   | 73    | 
| 3rd   | Pl    | Perugia        |       | 34    | 16    | 10    | 8     | 45    | 29    | +16   | 58    | 
| 4th   | Pl    | Acireale       |       | 34    | 16    | 8     | 10    | 60    | 44    | +16   | 56    | 
| 5th   | Pl    | Frosinone      |       | 34    | 16    | 8     | 10    | 49    | 36    | +13   | 56    | 
| 6th   |       | Catanzaro      |       | 34    | 15    | 4     | 15    | 55    | 68    | -13   | 49    | 
| 7th   |       | Sassari Torres |       | 34    | 13    | 9     | 12    | 52    | 44    | +8    | 48    | 
| 8th   |       | Massese        |       | 34    | 14    | 6     | 14    | 44    | 49    | -5    | 48    | 
| 9th   |       | Manfredonia    |       | 34    | 14    | 5     | 15    | 49    | 45    | +4    | 47    | 
| 10th  |       | Sangiovannese  |       | 34    | 13    | 8     | 13    | 63    | 56    | +7    | 47    | 
| 11th  |       | Sambenedettese |       | 34    | 11    | 10    | 13    | 43    | 47    | -4    | 43    | 
| 12th  |       | Cisco Roma     |       | 34    | 10    | 13    | 11    | 36    | 39    | -3    | 43    | 
| 13th  |       | Valenzana      |       | 34    | 10    | 13    | 11    | 39    | 43    | -4    | 43    | 
| 14th  | Pl    | Juve Stabia    |       | 34    | 11    | 8     | 15    | 44    | 54    | -10   | 41    | 
| 15th  | Pl    | Lanciano       |       | 34    | 9     | 14    | 11    | 38    | 36    | +2    | 41    | 
| 16th  | Pl    | Viterbo        |       | 34    | 7     | 6     | 21    | 36    | 74    | -38   | 27    | 
| 17th  | Pl    | Chieti         |       | 34    | 6     | 6     | 22    | 36    | 76    | -40   | 24    | 
| 18th  | R     | Latina         |       | 34    | 5     | 8     | 21    | 39    | 75    | -36   | 23    | 
Code:
| Pkd    | Inf    | Name                 | Position       | Morale    | Form       | Con    | Apps   | Gls    | Av Rat | 
| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| -      | Unh    | Martin Lejsal        | GK             | Superb    | 7-7-8-7-6  | 95%    | 7      | -      | 7.29   | 
| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| -      | Wnt    | Nicolò Manfredini    | GK             | Superb    | 7-7-8-8-7  | 100%   | 16     | -      | 7.13   | 
| -      |        | Vincenzo Marruocco   | GK             | Superb    | 7-8-7-7-7  | 100%   | 28 (1) | -      | 6.93   | 
| -      |        | Alberto Comazzi      | D RC           | Superb    | 8-7-7-8-8  | 98%    | 39     | 2      | 7.10   | 
| -      | Loa    | Maurizio Aversano    | D C            | Very Good | 6-7-7-7-7  | 100%   | 16 (1) | -      | 6.88   | 
| -      |        | Luigi Di Giorgio     | D C            | Very Good | 7-7-7-7-7  | 90%    | 25     | -      | 6.92   | 
| -      |        | Ivan Franceschini    | D C            | Superb    | 8-6-8-8-8  | 98%    | 19     | -      | 7.26   | 
| -      | Unh    | Stefano Trinchera    | D C            | Very Good | 7-6-7-7    | 94%    | 2 (2)  | -      | 6.75   | 
| -      | Wnt    | Marc Pfertzel        | D/WB RL        | Superb    | 8-7-8-8-9  | 95%    | 44 (1) | 5      | 7.60   | 
| -      |        | Angelo Antonazzo     | D/WB/M R       | Superb    | 7-7-7-7-9  | 89%    | 8 (19) | -      | 6.78   | 
| -      |        | Federico Del Grosso  | D/WB/M R       | Superb    | 4-7-7-7-10 | 99%    | 44     | 1      | 7.11   | 
| -      |        | Simone Groppi        | D/WB/M L       | Very Good | 6-7-6-7-7  | 95%    | 5 (2)  | -      | 6.57   | 
| -      |        | David Stefani        | WB R, DM, M RC | Superb    | 7-7-7-6-7  | 98%    | 29 (7) | 2      | 7.08   | 
| -      |        | Fabio Marco Giordano | WB R, M RC     | Very Good | 5-7-6-6-7  | 96%    | 16 (11)| 3      | 6.93   | 
| -      |        | Gianmarco Frezza     | WB/AM L        | Superb    | 7-7-6-6-6  | 94%    | 13 (16)| 6      | 6.55   | 
| -      |        | Vincenzo Catalano    | DM             | Superb    | 7-6-7-8-8  | 92%    | 22 (1) | -      | 7.26   | 
| -      |        | Alessandro Moro      | DM             | Very Good | 7-7-7-7-7  | 96%    | 6 (5)  | -      | 7.09   | 
| -      | Wnt    | Alex Pederzoli       | DM             | Superb    | 8-7-9-8-8  | 84%    | 46 (1) | 13     | 7.51   | 
| -      |        | Gianluca Galasso     | M LC           | Superb    | 7-7-7-8-9  | 84%    | 23 (11)| 2      | 6.91   | 
| -      |        | Fabio Fanelli        | AM RLC         | Superb    | 8-6-9-8-10 | 73%    | 35 (7) | 15     | 7.19   | 
| -      |        | Jacopo Zagaglioni    | AM RC          | Superb    | 6-6-7-7-8  | 81%    | 14 (16)| 3      | 6.60   | 
| -      |        | Roberto Massaro      | AM R, F C      | Superb    | 7-7-7-6-7  | 98%    | 29 (12)| 4      | 6.66   | 
| -      |        | Italo Mattioli       | AM R, F C      | Very Good | 7-8-6-7-10 | 98%    | 34 (4) | 25     | 7.18   | 
| -      | Unh    | Marco Zagaria        | AM R, ST       | Superb    | 8-9-7-8-6  | 100%   | 4 (7)  | 1      | 6.27   | 
| -      | Loa    | Giuseppe Agostinone  | AM L           | Superb    | 6-8-8-9-8  | 100%   | 2 (2)  | 1      | 6.75   | 
| -      |        | Mattia Altobelli     | AM LC, F C     | Superb    | 8-8-8-8-10 | 84%    | 22 (10)| 13     | 7.13   | 
| -      | Unh    | Cristian Altinier    | ST             | Very Poor | 6-7-7-7-7  | 95%    | 3 (3)  | -      | 6.67   | 
| -      | Loa    | Matteo Vitaioli      | ST             | Very Good | 8-6-7-8-7  | 100%   | 0 (2)  | 1      | 6.50   | 
|        |        |                      |                |           |            |        |        |        |        | 

1 - 11 of 11 Posts