Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How is that a player with a penalty taking ability of 20 misses every time, but a player with a penalty taking ability of 9 never misses? :googly:

·
*the drum drum*
42,595 Posts
In no particular order, I'd assume the following have something to do with it;

Penalty Taking
Finishing
Composure & Concentration
Decisions

Other hidden attributes would have an affect as well, such as the players ability to perform under pressure..

Here's one mystery I came across. What possessed Mikael Silvestre to try and dribble past an injured opponent (the guy was down and out), and then when he couldn't manage to get past him after shuffling left, then right :howler:, he hammers the ball into the injured opponent to milk a throw-in :dielaugh:

I wish that happened in real life, I'd probably suffocate myself laughing so much :D

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This player in question:

Penalty taking: 20
Finishing: 13
Concentration: 12
Decisions: 10

Still shouldn't stop him converting just once. He always misses.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Tolga said:

Penalty Taking
Finishing
Decisions

Other hidden attributes would have an affect as well, such as the players ability to perform under pressure..

Here's one mystery I came across. What possessed Mikael Silvestre to try and dribble past an injured opponent (the guy was down and out), and then when he couldn't manage to get past him after shuffling left, then right :howler:, he hammers the ball into the injured opponent to milk a throw-in :dielaugh:

I wish that happened in real life, I'd probably suffocate myself laughing so much :
D
:howler: :D

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Tolga said:

I wish that happened in real life, I'd probably suffocate myself laughing so much :D
:D hihihi

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Andor said:
the chairmans private bankaccount :)
yeah, that's the worst imo :thmbdown:

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Here's another... why do some clubs insist on trying to purchase players they are not qualified to purchase, either because they've reached their foreign player limit or run out of money? Galatasaray always have deals line-up that fall through because they already have six foreign players on the squad.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Tim said:
Here's another... why do some clubs insist on trying to purchase players they are not qualified to purchase, either because they've reached their foreign player limit or run out of money? Galatasaray always have deals line-up that fall through because they already have six foreign players on the squad.
I remember trying to sell a defender to lower league clubs and it fell through 10-20 times because all the teams couldn't afford the fee.

·
MVP
8,984 Posts
Tolga said:

Penalty Taking
Finishing
Decisions

:howler:

That would seriously be funny!

But yeah, I think I recall something similar happening in my game.

·
MVP
8,984 Posts
I've encountered a mystery in FM 2005 (not in 2006)

I forgot which player this was, perhaps a winger in my Bordeaux game. Consider the following happening while watching the 2D pitch: player pauses with the ball, keeping possession standing still and just moving the ball left-right-left-right...repetitively...

5 seconds, 10 seconds....I think it lasted for almost 1 minute and all the players on the pitch just stood still and watched until finally the ball was flicked off of him!! I was like wtf??? :wth:

Has this ever happened with you? Quite unusual I think. :undecide:

1 - 20 of 200 Posts