Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone¡, This is my first post, right here from Spain

Since the bad Mendoza times, I`ve been praying for a good manager, and then Mister Perez has come. Florentino is the CEO of Acs which is the Sixth Spanish Company, last year he was awarded with the best Manager in the Spanish Financial Markets. Although Sanz has already won 2 CL his management sucks. Can you imagine what Florentino will make with the incredible economic potential of Real Madrid?, he has assured that with him the best footballers in the world would play only for Real Madrid, and the first one has come... Figo. The proof is really clear, in today´s Florentino announcement he said next year´s membership fee
of everyone would be on him if being president Figo was not playing for "Real", I assume he has not showed the contract because Figo has set a diversion in Catalanonian papers so he can shut some mouths up until he becomes a Real player.
(since nobody is sure Florentino will win)

That´s a nice trick, isn´t it?

Very clever Mister Perez, with you We will keep winning CL´s
but we will also be the richest club again as we deserve

G

·
Welcome aboard Novena... It's always nice to have someone new along, especially when they're up close to the action. :)

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Welcome aboard A por la Novena! Although you've chosen kind of a long name for yourself... :) Never mind, it's a glorious one! It's always nice to have a Spaniard here, I guess you can give us a lot of information that it's impossible for the rest of us to find!

By the way, are you a socio? Meaning, are you going to vote yourself?

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Pablo, do you think it's possible that we are spiritual brothers or something??? :confused:

We are posting the same things with only one minute of difference, from Paris and Athens!!!

Weird...

P.S. I just got myself the latest Paris Match with a huge title "La France Amoureuse Des Bleus"!!! Souvenir de l' Euro!!! :) :) :) I'm going to enjoy myself!

P.S. 2 Labas, Adriana and la belle Mrs. Petit are in there as well... :)

G

·
slightly off topic here, but soon back on it: :D

Hala, my spiritual brother, it may be possible. :) Just making a final run for the evening here before going to pack for holiays.

I'll have to get that Paris Match, I haven't seen it yet. :)
I heard that Petit snubbed Lemerre from his wedding at Dieppe. ha! Poor Roger, he didn't find that so funny apparently!

A por la novena - can you explain any of his platform in more detail? All people really seem to know is the zidane and figo talk.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Holidays?????

Grrrrrrrrr.... :mad:

You are leaving, labas is leaving, I hope Real Player, R&B and SPANIARD stick around to comment the elections result.... :) A Por La Novena, get ready too! Hope I didn't forget anyone... Whooops! LaBlanca!!! Sorry... :)

I'm gonna have to wait two more weeks for mine... :( But of course, there're always the Greek islands for the fore coming weekends... :)

Well, HAVE A FANTASTIC TIME!!!!

P.S. Where are you going by the way?

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Here's what Florentino had to say tonight:

Real Madrid presidential candidate Florentino Perez has pledged that Luis Figo will join the club if he is elected - and added that he would refund any supporter the cost of their season ticket if the Portuguese winger does not sign.

There had been speculation that Perez, presenting his manifesto to the Spanish press ahead of Real Madrid's presidential elections on Sunday, would display the document Figo is said to have signed committing his future to Real.

But Perez, who is competing against present incumbent Lorenzo Sanz for one of the most powerful positions in Spanish football, declined. He reasoned that he did not want to increase pressure already on Figo, but reiterated his assertion that the Portuguese winner will play for Real Madrid next season - if he is elected.

"If I'm elected president Luis Figo will be a Real Madrid player. If this doesn't happen I'll pay the cost of season tickets for everyone who has taken them out for next season," he stressed.

"The best players in the world will play [for Real] and Figo
is one of them," Perez said, although no mention was made of France Euro 2000 star Zinedine Zidane who has also been linked with the club - by Perez.

"I want Figo to play for Real next season and I have taken the first steps necessary to ensure this, providing the coaching staff agrees. Ninety per cent of our fans want Figo to play for Real."

If the move does go ahead, Figo will become the best paid player in the world. But Sanz has attempted to discredit the idea by claiming that it would create tension amongst the players.

Barcelona, who are also in the process of a presidential campaign, have said that Figo's wages would be increased dramatically to stop him leaving.

"What doesn't seem normal is that a candidate to the presidency has aligned himself with the Barcelona candidates in stopping Figo from coming," Perez said in reference to Sanz's comments. "Figo has made it clear that he will not be coming to Real if Sanz is in charge."

Perez went on to show a news cutting from an article in El Pais in May stating that Sanz's biggest error was not signing Figo, then went onto criticise Sanz for using current Madrid players such as Roberto Carlos to help his campaign.

Perez also attacked Sanz's recruitment policy during his presidency, describing it as erratic and "marked by a fever for buying and selling polayers with no strategic sense".

Engineering magnate Perez went on to call for a change in emphasis, saying that the future of Real Madrid has been hurt by the steady stream of foreign imports.

"Youth team players like Victor, Dani and Alfonso have gone to bring in unknown foreign players," he said, adding that, if elected, "the basis would be the youth system and from there the great world stars will spring."

Welcome aboard A POR LA NOVENA!!! BTW what does it mean? Are you gonna be a regular poster here? Where do you live, I assume Madrid:)? Anyway it's great to have another man from down close to the fron here, so we greet you with open arms. Do you have ICQ?

And guys it looks like the chances of perez are growing? Are we to have a new president afterall?:D The Figo part looks pretty good, although i have definitely changed my mind and don't want him here anymore:mad: Stay tuned....it's getting hot:D

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Wow!Its getting warmly interesting in here!:)
Perez is promising the socios of Los Merengues all kinds of marvels!I really wish the very best for Real!They really deserve it!HALA LOS BLANCOS!!!
So since everyone seems to be going to be away in vacation, when you all get back it would be nice to tell us about your holidays and what kind of crazy, funny and original things you have been doing there...that would be fun!
Anyways, my vacation will be HOPEFULLY next year first in Rio, Paradise (Brasil) for the Carnaval in February and then the big one i've been waiting and hoping:The CL Final at the San Siro between Milan and Real!!!(HOPEFULLY!)HALA REAL AND FORZA DIAVOLO!

If Real gets to the final next year, how many of you people would be willing to go to the San Siro in Milano to see the game?Is anyone interested in meeting there?WOuld be awesome!What do you think people?

HALA LOS MERENGUES!
FORZA DIAVOLO!

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Benvenido A Por La Novena!
I hope that La novena will be in 2002 because each time Real has won the CL in the recent years, France has won a major title!

A Por La Novena en...2002!:)HALA!

G

·
Hala - going to the states for a few days.

Perez: It's all the same thing. Going on about Figo and now he doesn't want to make any more pressure on him? Please! He's doing just that! If he doesn't come, he has to pay Perez 20 million pounds and Perez has to pay for socios' membership for the years? If he doesn't come, he will be the most hated man in Spain's two largest cities.

I don't think that it's not abnormal that Sanz doesn't want him. I find it abnormal that Perez, at least in that article, didn't mention at what cost "the greatest players in the world" would come to us. Nothing about our financial mess, just about more expenses.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
WoW, everybody talked about vacations here....a nice off-topic has born?:D

First of all, the Perez matter, what A por la Novena said just the meaning of I menetioned before (in another election topic): Most ppl think that Perez is a better mamnger than Sanz. and to be honest, I really don't know whether it is true. But after that, I got a notion that I don't care who will be selected to be the new president anymore, not because I don't care about our beloved club anymore, simply just because "I have no idea!"......to answer your question, Pablo, my logic is that: If both of them are evils and know less about football, in the football side, they are equally harmful, so that whoever become the new president, I have NO COMMENT! On the other side, which is the administration side, Perez has good credit on it, if it is so, I think I won't get mad of him (as I uesd to do) if he's selected. But I still don't want to see Figo in WHITE! Because he doesn't worth that much IMO!

About the vacation, glad that everyone has a great plan already:).....have funs, friends:). I don't have a plan myself yet, but surely I will go somewhere in the up coming days.:rolleyes:.
Don't worry, hala, I will stick here to keep our board alive;). How about you? Don't you go to somewhere to have a nice trip? Hey, at least you and Pablo are spiritual brother (sounds funny:D), so when he leaves, we can assume that he's still here 'cuz you will tell his ideas to us.;)

San_Siro_1, you just give us a really good idea, to go to Milano for watching CL final is somewhat like a dream...and if Real (once again) and Milan really enter in it, I will try my best to make this dream come true! It gives me a good reason to truant from all those boring courses:D.

Oh, still one thing, welcome newcomer, A por la Novena:)

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Come on now Pablo PLEASE! Sanz worrying about the debt and the club's expenses is an oxymoron to say the least!!!
He seems to only remember both during the election time and conveniently forgets them before and after! Or isn't he the same one that spent 5.500 mil. ptas on Anelka only a year ago?

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Like I've said a number of times, Sanz is a guy we all know, and he can surely not offer anything new to the team. I also doubt his love for the team, because scandals, when the president is accused of taking club finances, don't come from anywhere. He's probably been cheating us too:mad: I'm sick of Sanz and I really want chnges. Come on in Perez! The problem is like real player said, paying Barca 70 mln $ for Figo! I'm sorry, but this is madness! Not only don't we have this kind of money, but it's giving those Catalan bitc*hes finances:mad: And even worse now that moron - Perez - has said, he'll get Figo or he'll make tickets free at the Bernabeu. Where is this guy from? Mars? Now you be a socio and make the choice:confused:?

After we get back from our holidays, i guess we can put up a topic about out memories from the recent vacations. I'll try to keep mine pretty nasty-free. hehe:D:D:D

G

·
Hala- I know, but it all goes back to the lesser of two evils. hehehe :D :D I'm like a broken record with that one.

Real Player - I will go to Chicago (but I will be back in time for the start of the French season which is the 29th!).

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Well, I tend to perceive the lesser evil otherwise lately... :)

Chicago eh? Not bad at all my dear friend! At least, so I hear, I've never been there. Do you visit the States often? I've only been to NY, Miami and Atlantic City. God, I LOVED SOUTH BEACH!

G

·
I lived there for a while. I prefer Europe :)

I've been lucky enough to travel around most of the states though. I like California and Florida more than the others though!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sanz is completely desperated, today he has announced he won´t talk ever again about Mr Perez, and has changed his slogan "promises made true" to an apocaliptical one "Save the Real Madrid". Fortunately He´s smelling the defeat.
Do not misunderstand me, I like the guy, but for me It is just a funny hooligan who likes smoking cigars and meeting peñistas (Real Madrid fans), but for the management all I can say is that he is not the entrepeneur we need to make the most of our printing notes machine. We need someone more attentive to the matters a President has to care for. In Santiago Bernabeu times clubs all over Europe were coming to the Ciudad Deportiva so as to take notes and copy our miracle. Ramon mendoza almost trashed the club selling our copyrights to companies looking only for profit. So do not tell me that the outcome of the elections is not important. I admit Sanz has won 2 CL´s but at what cost. The debts have increased dramatically and during the whole year scandals have arised all the time.

Perez has promised to clear all the debts off having the best players in the world and I believe him as I follow the Spanish Stock market and I´ve seen what the guy can do.
He is a genius and so far he has showed he can play with Sanz and the Barsa candidates at the same time.

Perez make us win with the style of Santiago Bernabeu.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I think this election is too close to call :confused: Most fans seem to back florentino but I'm not so sure about the members. All Sanz has done is criticize florentino :(
The figogate could blow up on Florentino's face even if it wen through due to the high cost and the payments going to barcelona :(

1 - 20 of 38 Posts