Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i was just wondering what you guys thought were the flops of the season...
To me 3 main ones would have 2 be ALESSANDRO,HANUCH,BOSSIO... i would like you guys to say what u think and who u guys think...

------------------
FORCA PORTUGAL
FORCA DRAGOES

·
International
5,629 Posts
Well for Benfica there was 3 big time flops and they don't include Bossio, because he was our back-up. Paulo Madeira was horrible most of the year so I'd rank him up there. Rojas was not any better, I expected him to be a better one on one defender but he's just as bad as Madeira on that, although he's slightly the better playmaker....BUT THE NUMBER 1 FLOP THIS YEAR IN PORTUGAL, was the play of one JOAO VIEIRA PINTO, who had a total of 2 goals for the season, while severely handicapping Benfica's offense numerous times as he tried to fake out 3 guys and would usually lose the ball. There's no question about this one...

------------------
Viva o Benfica!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Hey dont devalue pinto he's scored 3!!!
O.k im not defending coz he's had a crap season but if u watch a game u will see pinto constantly trying to win the ball after he has lost it, he has also been a good captain.
For me back up or no back flop of the season is bossio as he is part of the squad and should be expected to be used he lost benfica the championship this year.
Also I think that not many of u will agree with me but poborsky has been a flop and secretario oh and haunch as well because their was such a fuss over sporting getting him and he was meant to be so good but has hardly been seen all season.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't forget:

Domingos
Argel
Peixe

Most improved FCP players:
Ricardo Silva
Deco
Chainho

------------------
FROM DA UK PORTISTA
VIVA O PORTO!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I disagree with peixe as he was good at the start of the season when p.santos wasnt playing argel was good and even took aloisio's place until he got injured and domingos towards the end of the season has started to link up with jardel take the setubal game for example

·
Registered
646 Posts
I'd say Bossio from Benfica was a flop because he was supposed to be the goalkeeper but was horrible in preseasonand the rest is history.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Peixe must have done something right to at least warrant national team consideration. He's always good for some hard tackles in the midfield.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Peixe was playing some good soccer for a while. If he was just a little more disciplined in the tackle, he would be a top-notch player.

My Flops:

-Boavista - They were lucky to sneak into the UEFA this year.

-Hanuch - I actually saw hanuch this morning....on the side of my milk carton!!!!

-Alessandro - I honestly think PDC thought he was getting Jardel's longterm replacement.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HOW CAN U consider DOMINGOS as a flop???players like SECRETARIO get considered as FLOPS
but 1 hell of a Flop this season would have 2 be ROBERT SPEHAR...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

------------------
FORCA PORTUGAL
FORCA DRAGOES

1 - 12 of 12 Posts