Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Third Place Winner, April Photo Contest 2008
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After being completely defeated by Fenerbahce in their home, Serdar Bilgili the Chairman of Besiktas has resigned today.

"Serdar Bilgili istifa etti

Be?ikta? Kulubü Ba?kan? Serdar Bilgili, dün tak?m?n?n 3-1 yenildi?i Fenerbahçe maç? s?ras?nda, baz? Be?ikta? taraftarlar?n?n ?ahs?na yönelik a??r hakaretlerine sert tepki gösterdi. Bilgili, yap?lan hakaretleri haketmedi?ini belirterek, kulübü önümüzdeki bir ay içinde ola?anüstü genel kurula götürme karar? ald???n? ve aday olmayaca??n? aç?klad?.

Serdar Bilgili, dünkü maçta özellikle loca ve V?P tribününden ?ahs?na, ailesine ve haysiyetine yönelik sarfedilen a??r hakaretleri kabul etmesinin mümkün olmad???n? belirterek "Bizler onurlu insanlar?z bunu hakeden insanlar de?iliz. Biz, orada bize küfreden insanlara hizmet etmek için geldik. Ben ba?kanl?k koltu?unda oturuyorum, bu koltu?a küfrettirmem" dedi.

Bilgili, "Önümüzdeki bir ay içinde ola?anüstü Genel Kurul'a götürme karar? ald?m ve aday olmayaca??m" dedi."

hurriyet.com.tr

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
Gule gule Mr Bilgili...

I hope you've enjoyed your large helping of humble pie. Next time, make sure you don't make promises you can't keep because like now, you will have no other choice than to do what you've had to today...

·
*the drum drum*
42,598 Posts
Well, there's two things I'm thinking..

1. The fans screaming out to him wasn't a pretty site.. They should have more respect than that..
2. But he deserved it, especially after 'promising a championship' and apologising for 'being too good for the Turkish league'.. :rollani:

Next is Sinan Engin and probably Lucescu..

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Everyone promises a championship. That's a very stupid reason to go after Bilgili for. You can't be the president of Besiktas and say I am not promising a championship this year, anything can happen.

But then most of the Besiktas fans thought of him as a playboy rather than a President because of his personal life, he really had no support from the fans.

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
1. No team with 11 men in the Super Lig will ever be able to beat Besiktas, I can swear on that...

2. We will win the league unbeaten this year...

3. Despite a recent setback, I can guarantee that Besiktas will definately win the league - so all our opponents should not get their hopes up...

·
*the drum drum*
42,598 Posts
Flying Hellfish said:
Everyone promises a championship. That's a very stupid reason to go after Bilgili for. You can't be the president of Besiktas and say I am not promising a championship this year, anything can happen.
Name me one club who wouldn't have their supporters turn against their president who promised a championship when 11 points ahead, and then managed to lose it and finish as far as 8 points behind (and still counting)..

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
You said he deserved it for promising a championship. There is nothing wrong with that.

If you said he deserved it because his management sucked after being 11 points ahead, and he could not stop the team's downfall, I would agree.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
2. But he deserved it, especially after 'promising a championship' and apologising for 'being too good for the Turkish league'..

You singled it out, not me by saying especailly for promising. I can put 2 and 2 together very well don't you worry.

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
I never liked the guy......Besiktas hasnt been able to fill the gap after Süleyman Seba......everyone respected him for his values!!!!

·
*the drum drum*
42,598 Posts
Flying Hellfish said:
2. But he deserved it, especially after 'promising a championship' and apologising for 'being too good for the Turkish league'..

You singled it out, not me by saying especailly for promising. I can put 2 and 2 together very well don't you worry.
What happened after he made that promise, did he keep it?
No!

Promises are made to be delivered upon. When they aren't, people get upset..
You should know all about that as a GS fan without a new stadium or 3 world stars..

It also doesn't take a genius to figure out that if 'promising a championship' was the sole reason for his resignation, he'd have resigned straight after he said it, not after he lost the championship..

I don't know what your problem is in the last day or two, but you're getting annoying..

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
He who lives by the sword, dies by the sword...

Back in the day when the BJK crowd were chanting, "Seba gitsin Ahmet Dursun" Biligili was part of the board back then. He never once suggested that the fans were being harsh to the baskan that has done so much for their club. Instead, he opted to use the terraces as his back up to becoming the baskan himself. On one occasion, he handed jerseys to several thousand fans...

So, it comes as no surprise that the same group of people that were ungrateful to the previous baskan, so turned their back on him too even though he did so much for them...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts