Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
A Dutch FCB Fan,
You know what I'm going to say, I'm going to repeat that I want VG out.
Oh my God, I'm so sad to see Barca out , we have Figo , Rivaldo, Guardiola ,Kluivert and 44 goals scored and still out!!!!

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well maybe our wishes are heard.....
With the elections coming-up, Nunez might try to become more popular by giving Van Gaal the sack.

S

·
0 Posts
I think you've learnt a valuable lesson. You could score 100 goals in the champions league but with such a dodgy defence you're never gonna win it. Van Gaal is a good coach and you should stick with him, but maybe he needs to learn that to win the Champions league a balance must be found between defence and attack. ;)

·
Registered
526 Posts
With Van Gaal's system of playing, it will never have a good defense. No matter who the defenders are, the system used exposes them way too much. So if Barca want a better defense, they will have to get a different coach because there is no way Van Gaal will change his ways.

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,659 Posts
The problem is that elections are not coming coming up until the year 2002 and if what Gaspart said on TV last night is anything to go by, we're going to have to stand them and Van Gaal until then. It'll be the Intertoto next.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Van Gaal admitted that he is not thinking about quitting." and said that if you look at the statistics of the club in a hundred
years, and his record over three seasons, you can see that he has done well.

Our problem is that Barca could do better then this but his system of playing not good enough to win the CL, and we all remember the mighty Brazil in the world cup 1982 failed to win the cup because there is no balance between defence and attack. as SkyLight mentioned..

·
Registered
271 Posts
Did anyone notice how good Pellegrino looked at Valencia?
Now he was our villain last season, and i just guessed that he was a sh|t player, but it seems more likely that it's our system that was always at fault.
We shouldn't waste our money on a big defender, because they will still fail under this system.
Perhaps the only way this system will work is with 3 Reizigers.
He seriousy has impressed me this year with his pace and marking ability.
Also, Sergi should have started last night, he looked awesome when he came on, providing 3 or 4 good crosses.
Maybe with Reiziger, de Boer and Sergi this system can be great actually, but hey all need to show 100% commitment (no problem for Sergi who seems to me to love this club more than anyone :) )

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How to play football hasn't much to do with the system. 4-4-2 can be played very offensive, and 3-4-3 can be played very defensive. We only need stability in our defence, and that can be achieved better with four defenders instead of three....

·
Registered
964 Posts
We should always keep 3 forwards.Rather play a 4-3-3.It will open more room in the midfield and when Figo or Rivaldo come back it will give them more room.
Did anybody notice even if he wasnt at his sharpest he provided 2 goals and crosses which Rivaldo and Kluivert should have put it away.
Viva Figo worlds best player.
FIFA dont F**K UP again and vote Beckham above Figo in that case any player above Figo.
1)Figo
2)Batistuta
3)Rivaldo\Ronaldo at their best
456)Beckham wait thats to good for him
99999999999)Beckham

·
Registered
271 Posts
Yep, i always liked this system.
I mean, we played it basically for the past 3 seasons until the chelsea 2nd leg game when we changed.
After this game everyone loved 3-4-3, but i think we should only use it as a last resort (ie. 3-1 down from the 1st leg. lol)

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
I agree that something must be done about the defense, but i hope that we do not resort to changing the teams style to a defensive one. Throughout the years, Barca has been committed to attractive, attacking football, that was entertaining to the Barca faithful. I must say, although i am disappointed we are out this season, i have been very entertained by this team on several occasions. For example, 12 3-0 results, that fantastic and great to watch. Visca Barca and let the great attacking brilliance of our players continue, and be accompanied by some defense brilliance.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Until the 2nd match against Chelsea, we plyed 4-3-3 the whole season. Our wingbacks will be offensive then, so we would be just as offensive, if not more offensive, as playing 3-4-3.

I

·
0 Posts
With regards to your earlier comment, DFCB, about Holland using 4-3-3 in 74 and 78 as well as 88....that was almost 20 years ago....before that teams even used to use 5 forwards...times have changed..in fact football tactics change almost every 5 years. There is always a weakness to every system and while a system maybe successful, somebody will always find a way to beat it. So, we have to be updated tactically while not sacrificing our offensive outlook. 5 years ago, Ajax look like a team from another planet...then Juve played 3 forwards against them in the final (OK, Ajax did have afew players injured) they were outplayed and they were lucky to survive until the penalty shootout. Since then the Ajax-VG system never really worked at the highest level anymore...that is partly why Ajax are out of the map these days and that is why Holland have abandoned the system. My opinion still...4-4-2 with wingers.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Iqbal, remember what happened at WC74 and WC78? Holland had the best squad of all, but still couldn't win the WC. It seems 3-4-3 just doesn't bring the "thing" to win a big tournament...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts