Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so very happy today. :)

I wish I had been to Maracanã! I didn't go cause I thought - and still think - the regionals are lame. :depress:

But nothing like our teams victory to put us in a good mood. :D

I really wish I had seen the game. 4x3 over Fluminense, especially after being behind 1x3 on the score. And all the arrogance of Flu's team and supporters, who were rehearsing an ole. It was an afternoon to brag about. :star: :happy: :smileani:

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
:thumbsup:

Good job!!!
And do you think they have finally a good team this year to compete for the titles? It's been so long since the last great Mengo team...:eek:

Cheers.;)

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
But don't they have a brand new management whose goal is to make Mengao competitive again within a short period of time? At least that's what I read on their official website this past summer (in the north hemisphere, that is in July/August when the new management was introduced). Or was that just sweet lies?

It's sad to see such a mega team and with the potential to be bigger than the likes of Milan and Real Madrid in the world but languishing in the Brasileiro league with no structure and no hope of winning anything...:stress::(

And what role exactly are legends like Zico and Junior playing nowadays in the club? if any?

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
Roberto Gallo said:
No, Flamengo isn't going anywhere with this team, and I can say the same about Fluminense.
They are both gonna do better than Atletico IMHO.

I think Flu has a better team, but I think Flamengo deserved the win.

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
end3r7 said:
They are both gonna do better than Atletico IMHO.

:howler:

But I was expecting it after Bobby's original comment that End couldn't let this one go unoticed...:tongue:

Oh btw, IMO, all 3 of them, that is Atletico, Fla an Flu are going to have a better season than Timao? :eek::tongue: What do you people think? Agree or disagree? And what does Mister Ze think of that? I'm sure he'll say something along the line that this is a pure blasphemy...but oh, well, it's Ze after all we're talking about...:googly:

:howler:

Cheers.;)

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
San Siro said:
But don't they have a brand new management whose goal is to make Mengao competitive again within a short period of time? At least that's what I read on their official website this past summer (in the north hemisphere, that is in July/August when the new management was introduced). Or was that just sweet lies?
Did you read it in July/August? If so it was all bullsh!t; Flamengo had elections in the end of the year, therefore in august they were just going through the motions in the Brazilian league.

But if it's from this year... well, I don't see how their current administrative line would deliver results on a short period of time; IMO Flamengo is working to build a team for next year. That's actually the wisest course of action for them... with all the debts, and the bad reputation of the club (as a club that can't pay their players' wages on time), it IS very hard for them to sign good players now; only leeches like Edilson and anonymous promises like Rafael agree to join nowadays.

Today, if a player is able to choose he usually prefers the clubs from SP (Sao Paulo, Santos, Palmeiras, Corinthians and Sao Caetano), that are known for being more organized. :( Unfortunately, that's how it is... and it's up to the Rio teams to get their act together and change that scenario. :hopefull:

Flamengo's new management seems to be going down that path of administrative responsibility, and we can only hope that they stay on track -- because with the strenght of the masses that support Flamengo, if/when they get organized they'll be right back on top. If they were properly organized and managed, Flamengo would be South America's richest club, and one of the richest clubs in the world.

San Siro said:
And what role exactly are legends like Zico and Junior playing nowadays in the club? if any?
Junior is technical director... I think you could call him General Manager of Flamengo's football department. In the club's hierarchy, he's above the coach and answers only to the president.

Zico will be whatever he wants to be in Flamengo. Currently he is working as manager of the Japanese National Team, with the purpose of taking them to the 2006 WC; so he is working for the Japanese federation at least until then. :dazed: But he has had countless invitations to be Flamengo's president already, and eventually he'll come around to accepting the job. ;)

·
Administrator
29,709 Posts
Oh btw, IMO, all 3 of them, that is Atletico, Fla an Flu are going to have a better season than Timao? What do you people think? Agree or disagree?
may i put my opinion here...

for the bag of tricks of Atletico and Corinthians I only see one advantage for Atletico - No former players in activity such Rodrigo, Rincon or Marcelo. I find very likely that both clubs will use only half of the players and in the middle of year a lot of those are going to say bye bye.
Flu do not impress me a bit. No one. Make me think Vasco last year and smells like will won the Carioca, congratulations.
Fla...If the fans allow, they are going to get fruits in the next year.

However, since no one of them are actually big and the brazilian middle table balance, it wont be surprise to see those four in like, 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th place in any ordem...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
San Siro said:
:thumbsup:

And do you think they have finally a good team this year to compete for the titles? It's been so long since the last great Mengo team...:eek:

Cheers.;)
No, we don't have a good team. It is good to win over a rival, but matter of fact is that we all suck. :sob: Thru years of mismanagement, Brazilian football has gone down the drain. We need to start a movement to moralise the federations and the clubs admin in order to have conditions to have a good team.

The latest news is that the contract with our biggest sponsor - the government-owned company Petrobras - may not be renewed due to debts Fla has with the government (there is a law in Brazil forbidding government and government-owned companies from sponsoring enterprises which have debts with the government). Without the money from Petrobras the club will be insolvent. :dazed:

I am really sad, and furious, about the thieving administrations Fla has had over the years. The result of their robbery may be the bankrupcy of the club with the largest fan base in Brazil. :depress: I always knew it could happen, but I wished I happened first with someone else. :nasty:

But then again, if nothing happens life will go on as it has always been - and the thieves will go on undisturbed.:D

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
end3r7 said:
Flamengo will never go bankrupt, if that is what worries you...
Wrong. Bankrupcy IS possible. The club won't end, just like Fiorentina didn't, even after going bankrupt. Another "rubronegro" club would be founded (maybe Zico could rename his "CFZ" into a brand-new "Centro de Futebol Flamengo"?), and that would become Flamengo, absorbing the fans' attention with a clean financial slate (but without the trophies and players). But the institution itself can perfectly well "break" financially; it's delusional to pretend otherwise. There are millions in outstanding debts, and if they aren't paid the club's properties will simply be auctioned away. That includes the players and their contracts, the youth team facilities, the gym equipment, the dressing-room and training material... Flamengo's administrative material is already being taken away to pay for their debts; last week ALL of their copiers and printers were already taken away. Certainly not a sign of good financial health.

If the Petrobras contract is indeed blocked due to Flamengo's debts, their players will all leave the club before the Brasileiro begins (and I mean ALL players, including Julio Cesar, Felipe, Jean and all the others; the club will simply not have money to pay their wages anymore). Simply because Petrobras' money, the biggest sponsorship contract in Brasil, is what has been keeping them afloat for the last few years. Without it... it's not hard to imagine a complete financial collapse. :greed:

As I said, the club wouldn't die, only break and spend some years rebuilding (a couple of years without Flamengo, doesn't that sound refreshing? :D)... But maybe it would make people recognize how badly Brasilian football is bleeding?

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
Garrincha said:
(a couple of years without Flamengo, doesn't that sound refreshing? :D)...
I wonder what would your gf say, if she saw you post this... ;):D

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Garrincha said:
Wrong. Bankrupcy IS possible. The club won't end, just like Fiorentina didn't, even after going bankrupt. Another "rubronegro" club would be founded (maybe Zico could rename his "CFZ" into a brand-new "Centro de Futebol Flamengo"?), and that would become Flamengo, absorbing the fans' attention with a clean financial slate (but without the trophies and players). But the institution itself can perfectly well "break" financially; it's delusional to pretend otherwise. There are millions in outstanding debts, and if they aren't paid the club's properties will simply be auctioned away. That includes the players and their contracts, the youth team facilities, the gym equipment, the dressing-room and training material... Flamengo's administrative material is already being taken away to pay for their debts; last week ALL of their copiers and printers were already taken away. Certainly not a sign of good financial health.

If the Petrobras contract is indeed blocked due to Flamengo's debts, their players will all leave the club before the Brasileiro begins (and I mean ALL players, including Julio Cesar, Felipe, Jean and all the others; the club will simply not have money to pay their wages anymore). Simply because Petrobras' money, the biggest sponsorship contract in Brasil, is what has been keeping them afloat for the last few years. Without it... it's not hard to imagine a complete financial collapse. :greed:

As I said, the club wouldn't die, only break and spend some years rebuilding (a couple of years without Flamengo, doesn't that sound refreshing? :D)... But maybe it would make people recognize how badly Brasilian football is bleeding?
A big part of this has to be the high wages that the players have? For exampel, last nights match between Barcelona-Atl. de Madrid costed 60-80 Euros for a longside seat. Compare that with what it costs in Brazil. Of course it's not fair to compare like that since there're diffrent economic structures of the countrys. Still I understand that the brazilian clubs wants to keep their talents and to avoid a premature move to Europe, and that costs money, right? So the conclusion is that it will be very difficult to keep the same high level on the league if the wages has to be cut down. I don't like this situation at all, but I don't know what the answer is. I mean who wouldn't rather see a prodigy play in the brazilian league untill he gets a really good offer from a big european side, insted of seeing him being tranferd to the norweigan league at the age of 18?

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
I'm not even gonna read that. :D (how fast do you type? :eek: )
Garrincha, don't be naive and righteous, it won't happen and you know it. Or did you forget that we are in Brazil and we are talking about the club with the biggest fanbase. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Flamengo will NEVER go bankrupt. They own 120 million for over a decade now and everyobody knows they don't pay nobody.

Is what Vampeta used to say: "they pretend that they pay me, and i pretend that I play"

That is basically what every player does in Flamengo, but vampeta is the only one to admit it:D :D

And Flamengo is a national institution, therefore going bankrupt is not an alternative. It's so many political and commercial interests that only a moron in power would let Flamengo go bankrupt.

Is a 30 million fan base (bigger than most countries in the world)... how can you end with that??:confused: :rollani: :wallbang:

·
Administrator
29,709 Posts
How can they end ?
It is good to ask Ze, Because Corinthians, Atletico may be the next in the line.
It may help (and at least - How the governament would give add to just one club for years!) to happen yes - however i do think if they break out, they will be kept in first division and they will split footbal from the rest and let someone deal with footbal and the trademark Flamengo. We wont be wihtout flamengo, but something will change.

Now you want to know...this fan base is ghostly. A fan of Ceara that is a fan of flamengo is a pontetial consumer (in ceara mind you) of whom ? Ceara. They go to watch Ceara games. (A occasional game of Fla there but that is obiviously not enough)...all those researches all ignored that the fan, the real fan that matters, does follow two lords and they always give equal vallue to both local team they support and the national team sympathy. Sympathy is not enough for a real Fan. (it is a open door but our clubs do not take advantage of any open door , it is too much work to walk inside the house).

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Liternit said:
If clubs had online stores than a fan from Ceara could a consumer of Flamengo :tongue:
IF Brasilian clubs were organized enough to have online stores, they wouldn't be in the sh!thole they are now. :rollani: But they're just too incompetent, and that's why I sincerely hope some "big" club goes bankrupt SOON. I believe that might open people's eyes.

·
Administrator
29,709 Posts
The door of the church is wide open, the clubs prefer to remain outside wating for the redemption. They do not want to come in and knee down for it, they think God should look after them outside.:groan:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts