Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hatrick hero and the fans favourite Francesco Flachi has revealed that he'd want to stay at sampdoria forever,Flachi with a seasons tally of 11 goals and one of Serie A's unsung heroe's is rapidly growing with his list of admirers.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Flachi doubts Doria pedigree
Thursday 24 February, 2005
Francesco Flachi is doubtful that his Sampdoria side can end the season by qualifying for the Champions’ League.

The port club are currently joint fourth in the table with Udinese but the striker is remaining surprisingly pessimistic.

"I think Roma will grab the final European Cup spot," said the former Fiorentina player.

"They have those three phenomenal forwards in the shape of Vincenzo Montella, Francesco Totti and Antonio Cassano.

"I also believe that Udinese are better equipped than we are."

Sampdoria are enjoying a fantastic season but Flachi is remaining with his feet on the ground.

"If we think that we are too good then we run the risk of receiving a few slaps in the face as we did at the start of the season," he continued.

"We are obviously dreaming of finishing in the top four and our position could have been even more interesting, had we not had those five minutes of madness at Inter when we lost 3-2."

Doria won again on Sunday when they beat Reggina 3-2, a victory inspired by Flachi’s hat-trick.

"It was a beautiful day for me and I’m delighted but the whole squad deserves praise, not just me," he stated.

Flachi’s form, given his 11 goals this season, has also led boss Walter Novellino to claim that he deserves a shot with the Azzurri.

"Novellino’s words are pleasing and if I get called up for Italy then I must be good enough to take my chance," he concluded.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Flachi deserves an Italian Call up for his great displays what does one really have to do?I guess his comments were sincere and not a way of putting his side down.this guy bleeds loyalty and absolute class.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts