Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 1999 Posts

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its time for a new Zvezda thread.

Like last year, the news so far has just been about who our new manager is going to be. So far the candidates are Glen Hoddle, who i think would be a decent coach and we would get recognised a lot more certainly in the UK. Stoichkov is also being mentioned and Vladimir Jugovic along with more like always.

So far theres not been much talk about our players leaving which i suppose is a good thing but also there has been very little talk about us buying players.

As were not in the Champions League this year, we should try to retain our Dupla Kruna and try qualify for the Uefa League which we should do.

Anyway, hopefully this new season brings a lot more luck and silverware than the past and hopefully this time next year we will be celebrating like this again;

Napred Zvezdo!!!

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Keep Aleksandar Janković, he's young, ambitious and doesn't let these idiots get to him.

Names won't win anything, good managers will.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im all for keeping Jankovic but Hoddle is also a good manager that can do great things with him also its realistic that he may come to Zvezda as him an Bunjevcevic know each other very well.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Bunjevčević: Hodl nije kontaktiran, UO daje završnu reč
crvenazvezdafk.com

Fudbalski klub Crvena zvezda najodlučnije demantuje spekulacije koje su se pojavile u medijima o dolasku Glena Hodla na mesto trenera Crvene zvezde.

Sportski direktor Goran Bunjevčević ističe da Crvena zvezda nije pregovarala sa bivšim slektorom Engleske i trenerom londonskog Totnehema.

“Već nekoliko dana konstatno se spekuliše imenima trenera koji se navode kao naslednici Aleksandra Jankovića. Mnogo puta do sada je istaknuto, a ovoga puta želim da ponovim da Crvene zvezda ima trenera i to Aleksandra Jankovića.

Crvena zvezda nije pregovarala sa Glenom Hodlom, koji je svakako veliko trenersko ime. Sa Glenom Hodlom imao sam prilike da sarađujem u Totenhemu i o njemu mogu da kažem sve najbolje u privatnom i profesionalnom smislu. Ostali smo u veoma dobrim odnosima, često komunicaramo, ali nijednog momenta nismo razgovarali o mogućnosti njegovog dolaska u Crvenu zvezdu. Kao što je poznato Glen Hodl ima fudbalsku akademiju u Španiji kojoj je u potpunosti posvećen.

Priče koje su se pojavile u poslednje vreme su besmislene i neosnovane. Slično je bilo i u slučaju Hrista Stoičkova, ali se kao i sada ispostavilo da su utemeljene na spekulacijama i tračevima, a ne na realnoj osnovi.

Fudbalski klub Crvena zvezda imaće Upravni odbor u petak na kojem će se između ostalog analizirati učinak svih sektora kluba, uključujući i rad stručnog štaba. Upravni odbor je taj koji će dati završnu reč“ – ističe sportski direktor Crvene zvezde Goran Bunjevčević.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Our club is a circus every summer. It's got to a point where it's expected.

Jankovic should stay but I won't be surpised if he doesn't. I hope he does since he's got us playing good football, scoring goals and if it wasn't for that idiot Kosanovic we would of walked the title.

It's ridiculous to think that we are the longest unbeaten side in world football and ended up without winning the title. I think I seen somewhere that it's never happened before but the amount of drawn games when Kosanovic was in charge cost us. He was too negative and look how it turned out.

A transfer budget has been talked of up to 6 million Euros which is pretty hefty and I think it shows the good work that Piksi did in his time as president. He really did sort out the financial situation the club was in.

I think we definitely need a goalkeeper, a couple of defenders and possibly 2 strikers depending on who leaves. If Koroman, Milijas, Milovanovic and Castillo all leave then we'll obviously need a whole new midfield.

Looking at our co-efficient, it's really poor and I was therefore hoping we play in the first round of UEFA Cup qualifiers. Instead becasue Zenit won the UEFA Cup, we've been moved up to the 2nd round but it would have been good to rack up some points and goals.

One thing is for certain though, it'll be an interesting summer.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
A budget of six million Euros is very good for being Zvezda so I think the scouting will be important.

A new goalkeeper is definitely needed, Ranđelović is old, slow and he's simply not good enough for European competition. Milovanović will most likely leave the club this summer, the same goes hopefully for Basta but I hope Koroman, Castillo and Milijaš will stay.

It would be good to find a decent partner to Gueye as I'll never rate Tutorić, ever. Bronowicki will most likely leave as well so the club will need to find a decent replacement for him if that happens.

It'll be interesting to see if any of Zvezdas kids will get a chance to prove themselves over the summer, I highly doubt it though..

·
Premium Member
27,256 Posts
The mere fact that our best players have been foreigners (for both Zvezda and Partizan) and the fact that our two biggest clubs are constantly looking for foreigners because their youth academies are giving nothing + there is nothing on the Serbian market says a lot about our football. It is in ruins.

And as a result of that, I can only hope that Jankovic stays coach and we create a team decent enough to be less crap than Partizan and win the title. Europe? I expect nothing more than a new set of embarrassments. :(

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
two biggest clubs are constantly looking for foreigners because their youth academies are giving nothing
Partizans is starting to produce, it's just that they can't keep these players because they haven't got the money to do it. Zvezdas academy is absolute garbage at the moment though but it seems like Toplica is ready to change that, whatever it means..

·
Premium Member
27,256 Posts
Partizans is starting to produce, it's just that they can't keep these players because they haven't got the money to do it. Zvezdas academy is absolute garbage at the moment though but it seems like Toplica is ready to change that, whatever it means..
I've said it before and will say it again - all these stories about Partizan's youth academy are just rubbish. Where are these players they've been producing for the last 10 years, winning youth tournaments etc?

Where are the results where it counts? Nowhere.

I don't count winning an U16 tournament as something special. Turning those players into senior professionals who dominate the football scene is what it's about. And that both clubs are lacking.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
I'm talking about the upcoming wave of talented football players coming through their ranks. The club has improved their facilities but still need to focus on finish their product, it's not very easy as most of them leave Serbia at a young age and this often stagnates their development.

Anyway, Partizans academy is good but the club itself will never reach the level of big clubs in Europe if they don't start to invest in their own youth products.

Also, it's showing in the youth tournaments our various NT's are participating in lately which is positive. I think they need to improve tactically and work more mentally with these kids so they can take that last step.

·
Premium Member
27,256 Posts
I'm talking about the upcoming wave of talented football players coming through their ranks.
My point is that they always seem to have "players coming through their ranks". They've had "the best generation in the last 20 years" for years now, the story is older than I am. :D
In the end, there is almost nothing to show, apart from trophies from some meaningless youth tournaments. I don't buy it, sorry. :D

·
Premium Member
27,256 Posts
And I don't want to pollute this thread with talk about Partizan's youth academy. All I am saying is that the best players in these two clubs have been Castillo, Gueye, Juca, Moreira, Diarra...

And quite frankly, that is sad.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
It's true that these players have been the best but they're also more mature than the youngsters coming up. But ok, I agree to disagree, RSF.

I'd agree that it's a shame serbian clubs aren't producing the same amount of good players any longer, but still, the smaller clubs doesn't want to sell to Zvezda and Partizan so bringing in foreigners is usually a better option.

I just hope Zvezda starts to improve their own facilities, start a new scouting system and develops young players again. Mrkela will hopefully do something about this, even though the mafia-issues will dissappear in the next decade :howler:

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
You're right, there has always been too much talk at Red Star of a fancy new stadium, giant transfer kitty's etc. They need to get the simple things right ie. a decent friggen pitch! And yeah invest in the youth academy (and actually give young players a chance)

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw what kind of equipment the ground-people have at Marakana, it was absolutely disgraceful, yet the club consider themselves as big.

We'll see if they're lying in the next couple of years or not when it comes to improving the youth facilities, but then again, I think we all know the answer..

Pare u džep.

·
Premium Member
27,256 Posts
They have the second best youth academy in Europe you moron!
:howler:

Sure, mate. And they have so much to show for it, it is quite obvious.

Go hide under a rock. :finger: :D

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
RSF is kinda right. Ive heard these stories from all kinds of relatives as well. "Partizan/Zvezda have great youth academies" blabla. Its a good PR-myth though as its repeated throughout Europe.

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
I know this is an ex player, but Franklin Salas was LDU's best player, or at least best offensive threat in the game that brought them to the Copa Libertadores final.

When the guy is fit he is great. Too bad this is never the case,as you know first hand.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I agree with RSF there is no point in having good 16 year olds if you cant create them into good A team players.

Zoric, Zvezda did give a chance to a couple of young players towards the end of last season, Tomovic at cb starting playing a bit and so did Bojan Malinic. Hopefully we see a lot more younger players break into our first team.

Im sad that Perovic and Djordjevic were given away on loan as they are both good players that could have helped us a lot this season.

With that 6 million euros we could buy a lot of decent players, however i would like us to buy young decent players from Serbia because i think as soon as we got rid of all the foreigners this year we started to play a lot better.

1 - 20 of 1999 Posts