Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pick our Five PK takers............

Hard one for sure, but this should be an interesting thread.

Here's mine....

N. Kovac
Modric
Kranjcar
Petric
Simunic

Cheersch

·
Registered
641 Posts
1.Jure M
2.Ero
3.Ljubuski
4.Baraba
5.Van Cro

HAHAHA just kiddin. I could honestly say I wouldnt be able to watch Croatia in a pk shootout. I would probably have a heart attack if we missed one but the one I like best is Hajduk Splits of:

1. Pranjic
2. Kranjcar
3. Modric
4. Petric
5. Srna

·
Registered
Hrvatska, Hajduk
3,666 Posts
1.Jure M
2.Ero
3.Ljubuski
4.Baraba
5.Van Cro

HAHAHA just kiddin. I could honestly say I wouldnt be able to watch Croatia in a pk shootout. I would probably have a heart attack if we missed one but the one I like best is Hajduk Splits of:

1. Pranjic
2. Kranjcar
3. Modric
4. Petric
5. Srna
I like the above list as well. Budan and Rakitic could join the list if they are on at the time.

The top lists reminds me of that crazy thread we had years ago about the xt starting 11. When was that WC2002? or Euro04?

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
I can just picture it:

1. Me...I'd belittle the goalie because he invaded our pitch.

2. Ero... he'd explain the goalie about Imotski and its suburb, and when he falls asleep, Ero would score a goal.

3. Ljubuski...he'd write a 500 page book on the different angles and spins you use before kicking the ball then give you a history lesson on the similarities between soccer and the Gladiator games at the Roman Collesium. All this while shooting the ball at the goalie for the score.

4. Baraba...he'd basically terrify the goalie with his red, white and blue spiked hair, his ripped up "Sex Pistols" shirt, torn up jeans and combat boots...all the while giving him a lesson in proper grammar because after all, he is a school teacher. Gol!!!!!

5. Van Cro...he'd ask the goalie of he can take a picture of him then ask the ref if cameras are allowed. Gol!!!!!

We'd never miss.

·
Registered
Hrvatska, Hajduk
3,666 Posts
What # would you have Stipe taking the PK?
That's a good question. His last year at Hajduk he took a lot of penalties and I don't know if he ever missed. But he may be out of practice. I would still put him in front of R. Kovac, N. Kovac, Corluka, and any other D apart from Simunic and Pranjic.

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
Simunic
Simic
Corluka
N. Kovac
Pranjic

it's a lottery anyways ;)

·
Registered
775 Posts
If we go to penalties during EURO 2008, we'll most likely lose it. Look at Pletikosa trying to save penalties against Australia and England:

[tub]LBBo182Wjyc[/tub]
[tub]3ULjgbjPb3c[/tub]

Pletikosa moves WAY too early and lets the shooter know which side he's diving to. Stipe is a good keeper, but the only way we'll win a shootout is if the opposing team shoot 1 or more of their penalties wide.

**I'm surprised at how many people still trust Srna to take a penalty after the Japan and Estonia misses. Something just doesn't seem right when he's taking a penalty, I'd rather see Rakitic take one then him.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.