Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!
I'm not sure if I have posted this in the correct forum, but anywayz.
I was just wondering if anybody had any advice/tips on particular exercises or anything for improving fitness. I play football fairly often, but always seem to tire quite a lot after a while of playing.
Any advice would be greatly apreciated. :)

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
Welcome to the forums Tico!:)

I moved this topic to Xtratime on the pitch for you.... Enjoy your stay!!!!!!:angel:

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Play goalkeeper :tongue:

Seriously, id say try and improve your cardio-vascular fitness, i.e. instead of running 10 laps around a pitch run 6, have a rest (5-10 mins) then run 6 more. works for me :)

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
there are some positions that i rarely play because of my bad cardio-vascular fitness. it's a shame:(

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
Yo Tico! Do what mutu has said. Basically, if you get tired while playign football, you need to improve your stamina. Swimming, cycling and jogging are good ways to improve stamina. Considering that when you play football, you run around a lot, the best cardio exercise to do is basically just run. Plenty of laps will indeed do the trick.:)

·
Registered
25,538 Posts
To improve your oxigen intake and circulation, which are very important parts of fitness, you should swim. You should start swimming and increase the laps.

As for your muscular fitness, try to stretch properly. Stretching is not only intended to warm you up, it is also done in order to optimize the muscles and joints' performance. The better you stretch, the better your muscles and joints will peform, making you more fit.

For your stamina, you should try to jump a rope. Do it 3 times per week. Every time you can start jumping for let's say 3 X 1 or 1.5 minutes. If you can do more, try to increase the time of the rps (ex. instead of 1.5 minutes you can jump 2, 2.5 or 4 minutes )but do not overdo it.

Finally, something that will imporve your running abilities is the following exercise: stretch properly your joints and muscles and then start jogging for 3-4 km. Try to run on grass and somewhere where it's not flat. Thus, you will be subject to different solicitations. After 3-4 km stop, stretch again for 15 minutes and start doing exercices to run fast( sprints, jumps, etc. If you need more info on them PM me). After finishing them, run another 3-4 km (to come back where you started) and do push ups and pull-ups.

(You can do crunches before starting to run if you want, but it not necessary.)

You can do this 2 or 3 times per week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts