FW ; Mohammed Amin HEIDAR ; alIttihad
MF ; Salah alMOHAMMED ; alAhli
MF ; Mohammed alSHALHOOB ; alHilal
DF ; Hamad alMUNTASHERI ; alIttihad

·
totally innocent
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
please don't be shy in posting your views regarding the squad.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
HiJazzey said:
please don't be shy in posting your views regarding the squad.
:dielaugh:

Come on Ahmed, its not like they would know much about our squad! :)

No chance Jam'an gets injured before the WC? :praying:

·
totally innocent
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Vampire Lestat said:

:dielaugh:

Come on Ahmed, its not like they would know much about our squad! :)

No chance Jam'an gets injured before the WC? :praying:
True, but the idea is that world cup topics should be discussed here (rather than in the Arabian forum), so the discussion is not limited to non Saudis.

That's why I'm posting our final 23 here:

RIYADH, May 21 (AFP)
Saudi Arabia coach Nasser al-Johar on Tuesday named his 23-man squad for the World Cup finals. The Saudis are in Group E with Germany, Ireland and Cameroon:
Goalkeepers: Mohammad Al-Deayea (Al-Hilal), Mohammad Babakar Al-Khojali (Al-Nasr), Mabrouk Zaid (Al-Ittihad)
Defenders: Abdallah Sulaimane (Al-Hilal), Hussein Abel Ghani Al-Solaimani (Al-Ahli), Mohsen Al-Harethi (Al-Nasr), Fawzi Al-Shehri (Al-Ahli), Ahmed Al-Dokhi Al-Dossari (Al-Hilal), Redah Taqer Fallatah (Al-Shabab), Mohamed Ashleya Al-Johani (Al-Ahli), Mansour Al-Thaqafi (Al-Nasr)
Midfielders: Khamis Al-Ouairan Al-Dossari (Al-Ittihad), Abdallah Al-Waked (Al-Shabab), Mohamed Nour Al-Hossawi (Al-Ittihad), Nawaf Al-Temyat (Al-Hilal), Abdel Aziz Al-Khathran (Al-Shabab), Omar Al-Gamedi (Al-Hilal), Mohammad Al-Shalhoub (Al-Hilal)
Forwards: Sami Al-Jaber (Al-Hilal), Al-Hassan Al-Yami (Al-Ittihad), Abdallah Al-Jamaan Al-Dossari (Al-Hilal), Obeid Al-Dossari (Al-Ahli), Ibrahim Suwayed Al-Shahrani (Al-Ahli)
afp02

So folks, enlighten the world with your comments.

:D

....anyone?

pleeeeeease

lillah ya mohseneen

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Its simply disgusting that Shalhoob made the cut and Mhamadi didn't! :yuck: Mhamadi wipes the floor with Shalhoob over the last 8-12 months.

Its even more sad that Saad Dossari, Shiehan and Matter couldn't make it either, whether its injury or other reasons :(

Also, now i am starting to fear the unthinkable :depress: but please, don't tell me Jam'an will be a starter in the WC? :cry:

:cry: <-------- everytime i think of that!

·
totally innocent
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mo,

Take it one step at a time. It could've been much worse. There were reports in the media running up to the announcement that said Mohammed Noor and Khamis alOwairan may be dropped, but that thankfully didn't happen, which is a relief 'cause it would've been a disaster otherwise.

Lets not demand too much from Nasser alJohar. He did the right thing by dropping Ahmad Khalil. But it would be too much to expect from him to drop people like Jamaan and Ghamdi and Shalhoob as well, because then he would've faced the full fury of the Hilal lobby. Abdullah Sheehan is still recovering from injury, but I would still pick him over Jamaan, although I can't complain about him being dropped.

as for Shalhoob, I can list you the following players who play in his position better: Saad alDossary, Khaled Gahwaji, Saleh alMohammedi, and Manaf Abushgeir . But he's a bench player so it's not a disaster.

As for who I think will start, I think the starting lineup will most likely look like this:

Code:
          Da'eye'

Doukhi Tokar Sulaiman Abdulghani

Noor  Owairan/waked

Suwayyed         Temyat
         alJaber
                 alYami

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Ahmed,

Well, don't you think Nawaf will be on the right, Yami on the left, with Sami in the hole and :depress: Jam'an upfront? :(

As long as Jam'an doesn't start, i'll not lose hope! :hopefull:

·
Registered
319 Posts
I don't really care who gets selected to midfield. With Al-Johar, the team is made up of goalie, defence and attack! Ok I'm exaggerating, but the role he gives to them looks more like to simply win balls and kick towards the attackers. It's not as bad as it seems especially since it has worked before.

What worries me is the central defence. Traditionally, this has been our strongest point. The only reliable one out of the four selected is Abdallah Suleiman. Takar is good but he has not played one single official game for the NT. Attackers can get away with a lot of mistakes. But if a CD make one, especially in a WC match, it could be fatal. Furthermore, Al Shehri to me is a strange choice. Out of the 11 Ahlawi starters, Alshehri seems to me their weakest link.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts