Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,,,,, guess,,,, which will be the first team,,who Qualify for the World Cup 2006 ??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,074 Posts
In Europe, I think it will be Portugal. Just look at them compared to all the other group leaders.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
Ronaldo is in a sh*t form, but in the WCQ he is destroying....9 goals!!! the second striker scored just 4....

I think Brasil will be the first to qualify in the South Amercian WCQ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
910 Posts
O Glorioso said:
:dielaugh: I like your sense of nationlism. I also want them to qualify as well :)
Laugh all you want, but the schedule says otherwise. Next 2 games are at home against Demark and Kazakhstan. If Ukraine can tie Demark in Demark, then we can steal all 3 points on home turf. And Kazakhstan, well it's Kazakhstan.. plus home turf. Then we have 2 road games, tough one in Greece but anything is possible and the other one in Georgia. By this time we should know who's in and who's out. Leading European Qualification for the moment doesn't hurt either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,074 Posts
Kaczmar said:
Laugh all you want, but the schedule says otherwise. Next 2 games are at home against Demark and Kazakhstan. If Ukraine can tie Demark in Demark, then we can steal all 3 points on home turf. And Kazakhstan, well it's Kazakhstan.. plus home turf. Then we have 2 road games, tough one in Greece but anything is possible and the other one in Georgia. By this time we should know who's in and who's out. Leading European Qualification for the moment doesn't hurt either.
I'm not laughing at you in a bad manner... I've read most of your posts and I see how patriotic you are. Now I do know that Ukraine currently have more points than everyone in European competition. However, they have played one more game than pretty much all of the teams in European competition. But like I said, I do hope they make it and want them to make it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
910 Posts
O Glorioso said:
I'm not laughing at you in a bad manner... I've read most of your posts and I see how patriotic you are. Now I do know that Ukraine currently have more points than everyone in European competition. However, they have played one more game than pretty much all of the teams in European competition. But like I said, I do hope they make it and want them to make it.
Good to hear :thmbup: :D

I do see that Ukraine does infact have 1 more game played then most.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,273 Posts
By far Portugal will be the first to secure a qualification spot. They are in the easiest group in WCQ. Im actually surprised that they dropped two points though. Ukraine is in the hardest group along with my team Greece, Turkey, and Denmark who can all technically qualify. At the moment they may be 6 points a head of us but we still have a game at hand, and a home game agaisnt them in Athens. If we go on a run like we did during Euro qualifying and drop close to no points in any of our remaning games we could easely drop Ukrain off first. Good luck agaisnt Denmark :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,123 Posts
Covert said:
By far Portugal will be the first to secure a qualification spot. They are in the easiest group in WCQ.
They are not by a long shot as there are sh1ttier groups outside of UEFA, CONCACAF is pretty feeble (USA, Mexico, Costa Rica and a whole lot of other also rans) If you're talking about UEFA then England's group is pretty weak

Group Six - England (8th), Poland (25), Wales (65), Austria (82), Northern Ireland (111), Azerbaijan (117)

Group Three - Portugal (9th), Russia (32), Slovakia (54), Latvia (67), Estonia (80), Liechtenstein (144), Luxembourg (154)

So both groups have two top 50 ranked teams, fairly evenly matched. Group Three has 5 teams ranked in the top 100 compared with only 4 in Group Six. The presence of Azerbaijan, Liechtenstein and Luxembourg is immaterial as they are just there to make up the numbers, on a straight comparison of meaningful teams (those that might actually qualify) Group Three is tougher

Head to head

England 8th vs 9th Portugal
Poland 25th vs 32nd Russia
Wales 65th vs 54th Slovakia
Austria 82nd vs 67th Latvia
N.Ireland 111th vs 80th Estonia

Group Six 291 (ave 58) vs 242 (ave 48) Group Three

*Azerbaijan, Luxembourg and Liechtenstein immaterial
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
943 Posts
South America: Brazil and Argentina.
North Ameria: U.S.A, Canada and Mexico.
Europe:Czech Republic, England, Ukraine, Spain, etc... :neutral:
 
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Top