Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jose 'Pepe' Reina will officially complete a move to Liverpool in the summer singning a 3.5 year deal (with an option on a further year), Marca have confirmed (and it'll appear in Liverpools press today).

Reina turned down a lucrative offer from Manchester Utd last week.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
get in, rate keeper.

hopefully a few more qulaity players to come then well be set for next season, espeacially if we stay clear of injuries.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
You actually believe Marca? :wallbang: Boy, I was almost taken in last summer when they announced that United had completed a 33 million pound move for Fernando Torres :wallbang:

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
He is someone from the Barcelona youth system. How many millions did you pay for him?

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Marca, just confirmed what has been discussed on other forums for the past few weeks.

Reina received offers from Depor, Liverpool and Utd.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Laporta said:
He is someone from the Barcelona youth system. How many millions did you pay for him?
6 Million.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Rafa has to stop thinking all the answers lie in Spain. Reina is a good and solid keeper but nowhere near what a top class club like Liverpool should be aiming for.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You'll be even less impressed with Juan Rodriguez then Maz.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Maz said:
Rafa has to stop thinking all the answers lie in Spain. Reina is a good and solid keeper but nowhere near what a top class club like Liverpool should be aiming for.
He's better then Dudek, Kirkland and Carson, feel free to name me a better keeper we could get for the same price?

Maybe all the answers aren't in Spain, but atleast he's sticking to what he knows best, i'd rather he signed some Spaniard who he knows alot about then some overprice, overhyped Englishman

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not yet but we've offered him a contract.

(and Juanito apparently).

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
Juan Rodriguez is the defensive minded midfielder/defender from Malaga if Im correct. Is a bit versatile so should help. Juanito is the Betis central defender if I remember correctly...

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Is he really better than Dudek? Reina is poor at crosses although as excellent reflexes and penalty stopping ratio. He leaves alot to be desired with his footwork also. For the same price you could get the likes of Frey, Lastuvska, Van Der Sar, Marcos.

Whos Juan Rodriguez? Since someone mentions Villareal I guess your talking about Gonzalo. Hes a very good defender and will probably go this summer. Juventus and Barcelona are all linked with him. All depends which league hed prefere to play in. Please dont expect Juanito will hold the answers. Rafa should know that if its one thing spain doesnt create its good defenders.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No he's the Malaga midfielder.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Oh right so is Juan Rodriguez any good? I know Juanito is pretty wank, aint he the one who plays for Malaga not Betis like said before, also aint he going on a free transfer?

Can I have some information about these two because I haven't really seen much of them we only really get to see the big spanish clubs over here.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
husain_14 said:
Juan Rodriguez is the defensive minded midfielder/defender from Malaga if Im correct. Is a bit versatile so should help. Juanito is the Betis central defender if I remember correctly...
Both Juanito and Juan Rodriquez are Malaga players.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
More keepers? Why?

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dudek is going, so may Kirkland.

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
Juan Rodriguez is just average. Juanito was making the rounds for a bit n La Liga because he was kinda holding the Betis defence together. His form has gone down a lot as well of late, but hes the only defender in the true sense in the Betis backline so hes alright. Nonetheless not Liverpool quality. Dont be disappointed if these two signings turn out to be Nunez and Josemi sorts.

Reina, well he could be better than Dudek given time, but time is what you guys dont have. 6 million euros could have bought you guys A LOT of quality experienced keepers. Reina has the potential but have no idea if he can turn it into success. So its still a risk.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts