1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From DM:

Confermato l'accordo Milan-Solari
30 11 2004

Giunta in redazione la conferma del raggiungimento dell'accordo tra il Milan e il centrocampista argentino del Real Madrid, Santiago Solari.

L'accordo contrattuale è su base triennale. Non c'è ancora la firma ufficiale. Non sono note le cifre dell'affare. Solari arriva a parametro zero.
It seems that Milan and Solari have reached an agreement for next june. The contract would be for 3 years and the Argentine would join Milan on a free.

I'd say a good deal as Solari is a quality player, which would give us more options on the left and replace Serginho.

Benvenuto fra noi Solari!!!!:star::devil:

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
This is not official.

But if Serginho, Rui Costa and maybe Ambrosini leavein June, we should go for 2-3 new midfielders....and world class ones plz.
1.Solari (as mentioned)
2.Maniche, if not possible Albelda from Valenica would be fine too.

I'd just once like to see how a complete "ex-PrimeraDivision" central midfield embedded in the typical Milan high quality "rest of the team" would perform:

Dida
Cafu Nesta Stam Pancaro
Seedorf Albelda Solari
Kaka
Shevchenko Crespo

·
Registered
43,408 Posts
Bayman,

What is this frikin abssession you have with valencia and its players. Its like if they have won CL 3 years in a row, you know. All you talk about it is how to get someone from valencia, like if we are Inter or sth ...

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bono said:
Bayman,

What is this frikin abssession you have with valencia and its players. Its like if they have won CL 3 years in a row, you know. All you talk about it is how to get someone from valencia, like if we are Inter or sth ...
Tell me about it...:rollani:

One thing you have to understand once and for all Bayman is that Milan are an offensive team whose style is based on ball possession, not on counter attacks and defence like say Valencia or Juve. Therefore, the Valencia players are not suited for Milan!:stuckup: We need more creative players, players who can dance with the ball and create football, not destroy it!

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Because Valencia have (had, now ranieri is in command) Europe's best midfield (Baraja, Albelda, Vicente, Aimar) and I'd take any of them to Milan.

When playing them (before Ranieri) they dominated Inter like no other team did in Serie A only to be let down by bad finishing and lack of concentration in the 1-2 Inter attempts on goal in their defense.

But we have Nesta and Sheva....and now put 1 and 1 together....

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
San Siro said:
Tell me about it...:rollani:

One thing you have to understand once and for all Bayman is that Milan are an offensive team whose style is based on ball possession, not on counter attacks and defence like say Valencia or Juve. Therefore, the Valencia players are not suited for Milan!:stuckup: We need more creative players, players who can dance with the ball and create football, not destroy it!

Cheers.;)
I was one of the VERY few Milan supporters always having high hopes of Dhorasoo.
He is running and fighting like a want a player to be. Honestly do you consider him as a "destroyer"?
I'd take Dhorasoo (who is certainly not world's best in his position) type of players over Pirlo's any day.

·
Registered
43,408 Posts
You will take any from valanecia midfield in Milan???????? And sub with whom exactly??? Well, lets just take the entire 4 midfield there and sack our guys - all of them: Seedorf, Pirlo, Gatusso, kaka and teh bench guys. It doesnt matter the last two years our midfield won 3 times more than Valencia. How can you possibly even compare them, especially when they play in two different leagues.

Albelda :wallbang:

·
1st Tier Poster
50,204 Posts
Bayman said:
Dida
Cafu Nesta Stam Pancaro
Seedorf Albelda Solari
Kaka
Shevchenko Crespo
We have absolutely no need for Albelda. Gattuso is heads and shoulders above him. And Ambrosini is about as good as Albelda. Basically he would be a 3rd or 4th choice defensive midfielder in Milan.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
bono said:
Bayman,

What is this frikin abssession you have with valencia and its players.
I wonder whether Bayman support Milan or support Valencia. :rollani:

But one thing I am sure, he's a Pirlo hater. :eek: He actually managed to bash Andrea Pirlo at least once in EVERY posts in the last few months. :yuck:

Very annoying indeed. :wth:

back to topic, it's too good to be true if the deal really go through, he can give us an extra option in attack and an alternative on left midfield...right now Seedorf is indispensible there with no covers available...

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Bayman said:
When playing them (before Ranieri) they dominated Inter like no other team did in Serie A ..
;) :D ;)

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
bono said:
You will take any from valanecia midfield in Milan???????? And sub with whom exactly??? Well, lets just take the entire 4 midfield there and sack our guys - all of them: Seedorf, Pirlo, Gatusso, kaka and teh bench guys. It doesnt matter the last two years our midfield won 3 times more than Valencia. How can you possibly even compare them, especially when they play in two different leagues.

Albelda
By any of them I mean "One of them, but doesn't really matter whom".
The player to be benched depends on the player who comes. And Kaka would play together with Aimar in that case (like Fangio once posted).

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Andy Christ said:
We have absolutely no need for Albelda. Gattuso is heads and shoulders above him. And Ambrosini is about as good as Albelda. Basically he would be a 3rd or 4th choice defensive midfielder in Milan.
I'd swap Albelda for Ambro any day. There is a night/day diference between them, imo.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Elephant King said:
But one thing I am sure, he's a Pirlo hater. :eek: He actually managed to bash Andrea Pirlo at least once in EVERY posts in the last few months. :yuck:
I'd like to see Pirlo in Rui's role once the Portuguese leaves, but not as a central midfielder.

·
1st Tier Poster
50,204 Posts
Bayman said:
Because Valencia have (had, now ranieri is in command) Europe's best midfield (Baraja, Albelda, Vicente, Aimar) and I'd take any of them to Milan.

When playing them (before Ranieri) they dominated Inter like no other team did in Serie A only to be let down by bad finishing and lack of concentration in the 1-2 Inter attempts on goal in their defense.

IMO Valencia's success in recent seasons came mostly because their discipline and teamwork, not the individual talent. Tactically they were certainly one of the best teams in Europe when Benitez was in charge. In their midfield last season (Vicente-Baraja-Albelda-Rufete, Aimar was either injured or played as a support striker most of the time), I'd say that Vicente is the only world class player, others are just good. I don't think that any of Valencia's midfileders would cosiderably improve Milan's squad.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Bayman said:
By any of them I mean "One of them, but doesn't really matter whom".
The player to be benched depends on the player who comes. And Kaka would play together with Aimar in that case (like Fangio once posted).
The eventual player to be benched is a player that has won a CL and a Scudetto :cool: let's not forget that :stuckup:

·
Registered
43,408 Posts
Bayman, change teh fav team in your sig ;) I cant see anything else to consolidate your point of view, when you discuss teh midfield of teh 2003 CL and 2004 Scudetto winners!

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bayman said:

Valencia best midfield in Europe?:lala::stress:
What makes you think so? :confused:

What is it with you that wants to turn Milan into a boring, predictable team like Valencia?:groan::yawn:

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Diavolo said:
The eventual player to be benched is a player that has won a CL and a Scudetto :cool: let's not forget that :stuckup:
But the players of Milan 1996/1997 were in large part the ones who won Scudetto before.
A squad ALWAYS needs fresh faces to stay competitive and no team is perfect.

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bayman said:
But the players of Milan 1996/1997 were in large part the ones who won Scudetto before.
A squad ALWAYS needs fresh faces to stay competitive and no team is perfect.
True that no team is perfect (with the exception of Sacchi's Milan and the French team of 98-2000 :stuckup::star: :tongue: ). And agreed that new faces are needed to stay competitive, however, in all honesty, the Valencia players you've been mentionning would not elevate the level of Milan's current starting eleven. They might add more options on the bench tough...;)

Cheers.;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts