Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dagny Mellgren became the first Norwegian woman to record a hattrick in the WUSA when she scored three goals on just three shots in the Boston Breakers 3-1 victory over the Philadelphia Charge. Fellow Norwegian Ragnhild Gulbrandsen provided the assist on Mellgren's third goal. Mellgren is now tied with French National Marinette Pichon of the Charge for the league lead in goals scored with a total of 10.

GRATULERER DAGNY!!!!

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Not only that, Dagny is now the all-time top scorer in WUSA!

She has 32 goals and 72 points in her WUSA career. (Points are given for assists and goals).

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jeff said:
Not only that, Dagny is now the all-time top scorer in WUSA!

She has 32 goals and 72 points in her WUSA career. (Points are given for assists and goals).
Dagny is actually the all-time leading goalscorer in WUSA history, but I don't think she is the leading scorer. I am fairly certain that her Breakers teammate Maren Meinert has more than 75 points as does the Carolina Courage's Daniel Fotopoulos. Since Fotop is out for the season with an ACL injury, if Maren stays content assisting Dagny on her goals, I'm sure that Mellgren will probably be the all-time top scorer in the WUSA before this season is over. :cool:

BTW - Dagny was named yesterday as the WUSA "MET-Rx Player of the Week." Here is the link to an article about this that was posted at the wusa.com site:

Mellgren Chosen as MET-Rx Player of the Week

1 - 5 of 5 Posts