Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any first (or 2nd, 3rd, twelth-millionth) tip on how to act in the date? Anyone have any ideas on where to go and how to act?

Any experiences or traumatic heartless that you would like to share?

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Put some socks in your crotch area.She might give you more than a kiss:cool:

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
classic advice!!!

Seriously, act normal.......make sure you compliment her on her looks and be funny once once in a while...dont try to hard though.

and hopefully you'll wake up next to her in the morning:tongue:

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Well, that's one of the all time greatest questions. I don't have much time but I can just tell you:

Be yourself, be nice, be genuine and be attentive and pay attention to your surroundings, meaning pay attention to the small little details about her and where you are.

You can also check one of the posts I have written about that topic a while ago, in the same topic. The name of the thread is "Questions for the Ladies", started by Italian Boy, and my post in on page 3. Read it as it might give you some unvaluable tips that could make your date one to remember...;)

Cheers.:)

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
I forgot to add:

Probably the 2 most important things:

1) Be sincere and confident.
2) Make her feel she's special. But do it in a sincere way and not fake!

Follow the above and both of you will have a blast.;)

Enjoy!:)

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
40,649 Posts
San Siro said:
I forgot to add:

Probably the 2 most important things:

1) Be sincere and confident.
2) Make her feel she's special. But do it in a sincere way and not fake!

Follow the above and both of you will have a blast.;)

Enjoy!:)

Cheers.;)
Very good advice indeed.

Basically be yourself, if she agreed to go out with you, she must have seen something she likes.

Also what I do is give her one red rose, a way of making her feel special and showing you care.

Good luck man!

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Firenze said:
I took a girl out on a date this one time..she told me she had a boyfriend:D
Then, she either was not interested in you or she was just playing you...:tongue:

Cheers.;)

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Drulo said:

Also what I do is give her one red rose, a way of making her feel special and showing you care.

Good luck man!
Very very good point and an even better move amigo!;)

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
San Siro said:
Then, she either was not interested in you or she was just playing you...:tongue:

Cheers.;)
Indeed she was doing numero 2, however she insisted that her prior relationship was coming to an end, but I wasn't going to stick around to find out whether or not she was telling the truth

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Compliment her on the area that she is most insecure in (if you don't know, just say something nice about her looks), but don't linger over it too long but a quick compliment followed by a smile.

Be poetic when you can but don't bother if you are just bad at this sort of thing unless it's a sympathy date (God forbid).

Make eye contact just a bit longer than necessary. Always have an enigmatic smile while doing this. They'll nearly always interpret it in the most favourable way on a first date (lesson 2 - "how to keep those @#[email protected]^&#@* @#%[email protected]#! happy" will cost extra).

Slowly enter her personal space when opportunity arises like it's an unconscious thing. It's tricky, you don't want to look like a pervert either.

Try not to use the word "I". This will make you seem less self-obsessed.

Reveal something vaguely personal. Not that you have genital warts and syphilis but maybe something like your pet's name.

If you have a cat, TELL HER.

She'll be your's in no time. Keep in mind Lesson #2 though is a seperate matter though.

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Politician said:
Try not to use the word "I". This will make you seem less self-obsessed.
Now this is a good point.. ;) bob has learned from personal experience that one should never refer to oneself in the first-person, especially when conversing on the telephone. That can be a killer. And don't do so in your poem either.. even worse than "I" is the word "me", or "myself".. as far as possible, keep yourself from uttering these words.

and at all costs, don't be poetic on the telephone.. it makes no sense. You have to be with her, looking her in the eye, to be in a truly poetic state-of-mind.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
OK !BOB QUIT STALKING MY POSTS AND EXPLOITING A MISINFORMATION OF PETTY LINGUISTICS

BUT MILAN WON IN MANCHESTER SO HAHAHA :stuckup:

Just for these two assclowns of babel, "try not to use the word I" is not the same as "do not use the word I".

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Good advice thus far, but no one told you about the most important thing on a first date: Spontaneous break dancing. DO this at least three times, but not more than 5, during your date. You should do this when she least expects it, like during the wine taste or when she comes back from a bathroom break.

So go out there, young man, and bust a move, literally.

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Good advice thus far, but no one told you about the most important thing on a first date: Spontaneous break dancing. DO this at least three times, but not more than 5, during your date. You should do this when she least expects it, like during the wine taste or when she comes back from a bathroom break.
An electric boogie is most suitable after a bathroom break..

Polly - whoops.. metaphysics is almost always an attempt to prove the incredible by an appeal to the unintelligible. You lose.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Polly - whoops.. metaphysics is almost always an attempt to prove the incredible by an appeal to the unintelligible. You lose
?

There are no rules for what is a non sequitor obviously but I don't that qualifies.

Pila's break dancing post, for example, is a very well executed specimen of the non sequitor or at least a nonsense post.

My advice to you is to get over it.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Politician said:

Pila's break dancing post, for example, is a very well executed specimen of the non sequitor or at least a nonsense post.

Hey! Who you callin a quitter?

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
!bob said:
Now this is a good point.. ;) bob has learned from personal experience that one should never refer to oneself in the first-person, especially when conversing on the telephone. That can be a killer. And don't do so in your poem either.. even worse than "I" is the word "me", or "myself".. as far as possible, keep yourself from uttering these words.

and at all costs, don't be poetic on the telephone.. it makes no sense. You have to be with her, looking her in the eye, to be in a truly poetic state-of-mind.
This is ridiculas...

The whole point of dating is that you get to know each other on a one-to-one basis. How on Earth are you going to do that without using the word 'I'?

What are you going to say to her when she asks you a personal question, like 'how often do you milk the lizard?'

Are you going to say to her, 'one has to fellete oneself every so often'?

If you want my advise, just relax man. Tell her funny stories. Share common gossip. That's all it takes.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts