Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here I am sitting in front of my desk looking at the Serie A table when it dawns on me:

Inter MUST beat Milan. They absolutely have to and in order to do this, they need thier fans and nothing gets the fans riled up more than ...an interview...with the owner :).

So I packed my overnight suitcase and took the first flight to Milan. The flight attendant was awfully nice to me, but I couldn't be to bothered, besides I didn't want to tire myself out before the interview.

When the plane landed, I started to make my way down, I breathed in the Milanese air and looked for the nearest hotel. After I got my tiny little cup of Espresso, I looked at my watch. 17:00. Since the interview was the next day, I thought I'd go shopping in the Milanese city centre. It was very much a classy version of Oxford St, sort of what it what it would look like if it adjoined itself to Kensington.

The next day at 11:00 CET I went off to see Massimo Moratti. The little cheese who grew up to be the big cheese. Here's how it all went...

Inter have always been a 'family affair' for you - how did it all start?

It is a passion which was passed to me by my father when I was a little boy. I remember my dad going away to follow his beloved team. I believe he was a great example for me and his love for Inter is one of the most special things he has left me.

You became President on February 18, 1995. How do you remember that day?

With Great Enthusiasm. It was a symbolic start and I had lots of ideas in my mind. I think you get the best ideas in those euphoric moments.

So what happened next?

I believe that looking at it from the inside inevitably influences you, while keeping your distance could help you overcome several problems and get less sentimental.

I've come up with an Inter all time XI, but who is your favorite player?

This is a really difficult question. My dad's generation surely considered Giuseppe Meazza the classiest player, but I never got the chance to appreciate him. My favorite, from a stylish and technical point of view, has to be Mario Corso. He had such potential and could have done so much more than he actually did. I have to add Luis Suarez too, who was the most useful player we have ever had.

Will you be looking to sign more Italian players in the future?

Generally we will be looking to spend less money, but we have now been saying that for a while now. However, we are working on our youth teams and we also pay attention to the youngsters around the peninsula.

But you have just brought a Portuguese guy, Manich. Don't get me wrong, he's a good player and everything, I rate him....but some of the XT members say he's useless...

He is very good and the expectations are really high because he has already shown his ability. I don't think he is finding it hard to settle into our squad. He has got a great attitude and we are convinced of his ability.

Your passion for football is well known, but did you like to play when you were a kid?

Yes of course. I always played football even though I wasn't great. I didn't have what it takes to be a professional, but I knew the game and I was a winger. I was left-footed, which does mean something special - all left-footed players are skillfull.

What is your dream for the future of Inter?

My wish is to give the millions of Nerazzuri fans even more joy than we have given them in the last two years.

What message would you like to send to all the Inter fans at XT and accross the World?

I would like them to be proud to be Interisti, because we are better than all the others.

I thanked him and shook his hand. As I left the San Siro it became obvious that it was very much secluded prominantly away...luckily though, not too far from the aeroporto....

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
:D....If their is one game we dont need a bribe its this one :shades:

Too much at stake, Scudetto in their faces on their home derby, No CL for them & carrying with the winning streak :proud:

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
You included XT Inter fans :proud:

Grande Firenze :proud:

·
Registered
23,831 Posts
Your passion for football is well known, but did you like to play when you were a kid?

Yes of course. I always played football even though I wasn't great. I didn't have what it takes to be a professional, but I knew the game and I was a winger. I was left-footed, which does mean something special - all left-footed players are skillfull.
That is true...

Recoba, Nacka, Maradona...me... :proud:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Let's do it! Let's beat AC Meeeelan!!!!

·
Registered
45,343 Posts
Nice job, Firenze. :D

I hope Moratti tells Maniche that I'm one of the detractors. :strong:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Thanks for the interview BTW- we won't let you down! Let's beet MEEELAN

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Are you kidding or you really talked with Moratti? how?!

When I was in Milan I was in Inters' HQ(via Durini) and I begged to talk with ANY of their management staff, just ot have a pic and wish good luck, but Nada!!!

Next time don't wear a Kaka jersey when visiting the Inter Headquarters. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Next time don't wear a Kaka jersey when visiting the Inter Headquarters. :thumbsup:
I don't have any jersey except Inters, but unfortunately Ronaldo and Vieri are not exactly make me proud to wear them...

But seriously, how do you get to talk with Moratti? I tried ot reach him in the big party of cento anni Inter in that Piazza in Milan, but he was too crowded and then he disappeared(and a huge screen on the building was showing Inter Channel with Scarpini asking ex-Interp layers different questions).

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
IF7,

Not everyone is at the same breath as you are.

People must have forwarded you to the most appropriate place.... for you ;)

·
Registered
585 Posts
Actually they invited me to the titles room and told me I have 15 minutes there. It was gorgeous and I have taken a few pics there, together with the Italian Inter-related books I'd bought before in the big library not far away from Via Durini.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
InterFan7, to be serious, and ignoring your "dirty" avatar for a second, I'll say that Firenze is a reporter in Italia. He works for a small outfit, but he's well connected and he gets scoops like these.

By the way, listen to Kaka:

Kaka: "I SUPPORT INTER"

·
Registered
585 Posts
Thanks for your answer.

But it's funny that some of you still think I'm not an Inter fan...

BTW that jersey is faked and Kaka has so much money, so it can't be him you piece of lier. 79 EUROS for a jersey is not that much for him... I know he needs to help Berlu to close the 24M pounds debt, but come on...

Which outfit does Firenze work for?

·
Administrator
52,971 Posts
Thanks for your answer.

But it's funny that some of you still think I'm not an Inter fan...

BTW that jersey is faked and Kaka has so much money, so it can't be him you piece of lier. 79 EUROS for a jersey is not that much for him... I know he needs to help Berlu to close the 24M pounds debt, but come on...

Which outfit does Firenze work for?
:dielaugh::dielaugh:

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
InterFan7, please see 'my' interview with Materazzi, I can't remember what the thread is called but it's got 'Firenze' in the title thread :D

For this week, all of Italy loves Inter. :proud:

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
No, Juve fans, Roma fans and Inter fans, as the least won't support Inter.

Juve Fans do...

people like mofoman can convince themselves that a certain merda out of the CL placing provides another chance for the declaration of success.

And About Inter fans not supporting their team. I cant laugh at that statement , but only to sympathise those around you ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts