Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Valencia may be forced to sell players to resolve the club's dire financial problems, the Primera Liga side's new chief executive Javier Gomez has revealed.
Gomez was promoted to CEO after a board meeting on Wednesday and Spanish media reported it was with the support of Spanish bank Bancaja, the club's major creditor owed 240m euros out of a total debt of around 450m euros.
Bancaja refused to comment on dealings with a client and Valencia have declined to answer questions about their finances.
"The club is in a very delicate situation. It has to control spending, grow income and sell assets," Gomez told a news conference on Wednesday evening.

Valencia's prize assets include Spain striker David Villa and international team mate David Silva.
Gomez did not rule out player sales when asked.
"Obviously we will consider that type of action," he said. "We have to control costs and the biggest cost in a football club is maintaining a team."

President Vicente Soriano will continue in the post and he denied he had had his powers trimmed with the promotion of Gomez.
Soriano replaced Juan Soler as president last July but his plans to sell the land around the Mestalla to help finance the move to a new stadium that is under construction have not come through.
Valencia, twice Champions League finalists, have been forced to delay payments to their players and construction work on the new stadium has also stopped.

Gomez added: "Before, we had a plan that was based purely on selling the land, now we need to seek alternatives. We need to win back credibility with the financial institutions."
However, Gomez was unable to give a date for when the money owed to the players would be paid. Spanish media reported the figure was 15 million euros.

Valencia's financial problems have been accompanied by a dip in form. They are out of the UEFA Cup and the King's Cup, which they won last year, and have slipped down to sixth in the league.
A recent study of Primera Liga club accounts, based on the 2006/7 figures, concluded that many were living beyond their means and that the global economic crisis would push some towards insolvency unless they changed the way they operated.

Jose Maria Gay, a professor at the University of Barcelona, calculated the combined debt of the 20 clubs in Spain's top division in 2006/7 was 2.78 billion euros.
Who on Valencia would you want on your team?

·
Rookie of the Year 2007
10,003 Posts
Valencia's prize asset David Villa is what is needed at Bolton Wanderers. How much are Valencia selling him for? Must be close to 65 million pounds!

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
I won't mind if we sell Silva. We have been going downhill ever since he came back. Not necessarily his fault but our awful form started on his comeback, so i shall blame him. We will get a good price from him. I would love him to got to the EPL, so i can still watch him all the time, but if Inter or Juve (who want him as Nedved's replacement) make a big offer than he Valencia should definitely consider.

Villa on the other hand, we cannot simply sell. We are utter shit without him. And I mean utter shit. He has scored 18 league goals. And basically has been carrying us this season, just like he did last season, and saved from relegation. Even if someone comes in with 70 mil, we shall still not sell him. There is no one in the world who can replace him. He is unique for us.

Maduro is looking decent, but still shit. I think we should keep this guy.
Joaquin we should keep. The guy is absolutely amazing.
Sell Albiol, He needs to play witha leader like he did with Ayala.And sell Marchena, because he is shit.
Sell Del Horno, he ain't good anymore.
And sell some other shitties, like
Edu
Albelda
Hugo Viana
Angulo
Pablo. and others.
After all that we shall still be in debt!

·
Rookie of the Year 2007
10,003 Posts
I won't mind if we sell Silva. We have been going downhill ever since he came back. Not necessarily his fault but our awful form started on his comeback, so i shall blame him. We will get a good price from him. I would love him to got to the EPL, so i can still watch him all the time, but if Inter or Juve (who want him as Nedved's replacement) make a big offer than he Valencia should definitely consider.

Villa on the other hand, we cannot simply sell. We are utter shit without him. And I mean utter shit. He has scored 18 league goals. And basically has been carrying us this season, just like he did last season, and saved from relegation. Even if someone comes in with 70 mil, we shall still not sell him. There is no one in the world who can replace him. He is unique for us.

Maduro is looking decent, but still shit. I think we should keep this guy.
Joaquin we should keep. The guy is absolutely amazing.
Sell Albiol, He needs to play witha leader like he did with Ayala.And sell Marchena, because he is shit.
Sell Del Horno, he ain't good anymore.
And sell some other shitties, like
Edu
Albelda
Hugo Viana
Angulo
Pablo. and others.
After all that we shall still be in debt!
Have you got replacements if you sell all those shitty players...theirs quite a few of those.

·
Registered
44,368 Posts

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Have you got replacements if you sell all those shitty players...theirs quite a few of those.
I think we should go for Bosman transfers, something we should've done before we spent millions on shit players.

We have Banega/Sunny/Zigic coming back hopefully, and we shall beg Rangers to bring Aaron Niguez back.

We should cash in on Miguel and go for another RB, as it'll free up some much needed cash.
Marchena and Albiol are utter shit, sell both. And sign 2 CBs on free transfers, one mega signing to help fix our defense (Maduro as backup).
Sell Del Horno. We're fine with Moretti/Thiago/Juame.
For center midfield, we have Sunny/Banega/Manelele, sign someone like De Guzman on a free. Sell the rest.
RW we're set with Joaquin and Pablo, though if we can sell Pablo and find someone else we might be better off.
For LW we have Aaron/Mata/Vicente, more than enough.
And for the strikers position we have Villa/Zigic, and we'll sign 2 players on a free.

We're set:proud:
Fire Fernando, sign moi!

·
Registered
44,368 Posts
I think we should go for Bosman transfers, something we should've done before we spent millions on shit players.

We have Banega/Sunny/Zigic coming back hopefully, and we shall beg Rangers to bring Aaron Niguez back.

We should cash in on Miguel and go for another RB, as it'll free up some much needed cash.
Marchena and Albiol are utter shit, sell both. And sign 2 CBs on free transfers, one mega signing to help fix our defense (Maduro as backup).
For center midfield, we have Sunny/Banega/Manelele, sign someone like De Guzman on a free. Sell the rest.
RW we're set with Joaquin and Pablo, though if we can sell Pablo and find someone else we might be better off.
And for the strikers position we have Villa/Zigic, and we'll sign 2 players on a free.

Fire Fernando, sign moi!
..and a certain Jordi Alba will return after being on loan to Nàstic, well, most likely anyways.

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
Dag Alexander Olsen will be leading the line for Valencia next season, mark my words.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Dag Alexander Olsen will be leading the line for Valencia next season, mark my words.
..and a certain Jordi Alba will return after being on loan to Nàstic, well, most likely anyways.
Yep I forgot about them both (though Olsen has yet to play for us, but since he was in the epl then he's bound to kill teams in la liga:pp).

There's Michel also, incase we need to play 4-5-1. (he can play as AMC)

So forget about signing strikers, I think we're set going forward.:drunk:

·
David Villa is a
14,204 Posts

Fire Fernando, sign moi!
like it! although i would like to add that i think Del Horno has improved alot.. i would like him to stay... Villa should stay... much more important than Silva... although i can see them all staying..

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
like it! although i would like to add that i think Del Horno has improved alot.. i would like him to stay... Villa should stay... much more important than Silva... although i can see them all staying..
And that's what weed does to you:D:pp

·
Registered
44,368 Posts
Yep I forgot about them both (though Olsen has yet to play for us, but since he was in the epl then he's bound to kill teams in la liga:pp).

There's Michel also, incase we need to play 4-5-1. (he can play as AMC)

So forget about signing strikers, I think we're set going forward.:drunk:
You're forgetting Frikis boy Sergio García Mut and the future playmaker of VCF, Isco :D

1 - 20 of 69 Posts