Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys think Luxemburgo should be fired? When?

I hate the team he has built, but I don't think it's time to fire him. After all, he has only lost 4 out of 46 games in two years. He deserves a chance.

Plus, he has done a wonderful job with the Under-23 team, which has a great chance to win the only prize that Brazil doens't have, the Olympic gold.

Even if Brazil loses to Arg next week, I say keep Luxemburgo. Obviously at this point he must know that Alex and some other fresh, exciting playmakers are needed in the midfield. Eventually he will put them in, I hope by next week.

A

·
0 Posts
the next week match against argentina is the final testimony and if we loose there then i would suggest
FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRE HIM.
forget the past we cant put our chances of qualifying for the world cup against the olympic games.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
keep him until argentina, if he loses fire him.....its unecceptable to lose 2 in a WC qualifier.
also he wil kjust receive back to him what he has done to Romario, Edmundo, MARCELINHO, Djalminha and Edilson

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Sigh.......typical S.A. stuff. Blame the coach and the players are saints right?

.....its a sadsadsad syndrome found on this side of the Hemisphere even in my little country of Barbados it seems this whole side of the world is SCREWED in its thinking. No matter what you do if the teams goes out and plays like weenies who think they are stars the coach can do nothing about it. It is also a matter of form and Brazil are simply in their second year of their athletic cycle. The atheletic cycles is 4 years and you all must know this by now. The last time they peaked was 2 years ago. Now they are on a bit of a low physically but i expect them to bounce back in early 2001. Its how the body is made up....surely you guys know this....aren't you guys the athletic ones around here...Falcao and Za? :):)

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tazz, we are not blaming the coach because we don't want to blame the stars on the field. the fact is this: it is luxemburgo's fault!

he is stupid with his player selection. he doens't give players proper chances to play, using them for only one game and then throwing them away. and he does not give chances to all the right players. romario? marcelinho carioca?

the disagreement lux and marcelinho had was ONE YEAR AGO! why can't luxemburgo put him back in the team now? luxemborgo's big head is getting in the way. i really like him, but he's doing a lot of foolishness with this team.

ze, you say losing 2 qualifiers in a year is not good. well, if lux loses against argentina it will be more losses in 10 days than brazil had in all qualifying history before him!!!!!

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Losing is never fun, even more to a team that has rarely defeated Brazil, however valiant. However, Wanderley Luxemburgo sincerely believes that Brazil will show its mettle in the next test against none other than Argentina. All attention will be on Brazil when they take the field against archrivals Argentina in the Morumbi stadium.
As far as Wanderley is concerned the poor showing against Paraguay has not dented Brazil’s chances of classifying. “We have another 13 games ahead of us, our chances of classification were not destroyed by one defeat at the hands of Paraguay, and even less if we should lose to Argentina. I am confident that we are on our way to the Cup in 2002 said Luxemburgo.
With yesterday’s result Brazil now lies fourth in the race to qualify in South America. Luxemburgo knows he is in a tricky situation and wants to learn all he can from the defeat. “The most important thing is that the group as a whole has to accept criticism. There will be a lot of it about! It is important that we understand that we played badly and will do all we can to changer this before the match against Argentina.”
The game really was a non-starter according to coach Luxemburgo. “We played with our left feet in the first half, and although we picked up in the second half we missed too many opportunities to win the game, we have a long way to go” said Wanderley.
Luxemburgo also said that it was precipitous to think about a complete change in the team line up. “I have no doubt about the skill and ability of the players we have in the squad. Something is missing and we will do our best to find out what”. The national team coach ended up with a note of warning -: "Either my team will recover and show you exactly what it takes to qualify or we are not worthy of that task in the first place.
The proof of the pudding is in the eating - so we will have to wait and see. He does not plan to change the starting line-up with the exception of Cafu who will have to be replaced by Evanilson after his sending off.

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Following the defeat by Paraguay this week, coach Wanderley Luxemburgo is to make yet more changes to the squad before next Tuesday's game against Argentina in São Paulo. Striker França is set to be dropped for either Guilherme or Marques (both of Atlético-MG), while Flávio Conceição is likely to make way for Emerson, of Roma, who was suspended for the Paraguay game. Zé Roberto will make way for Palmeiras' Alex in midfield, and defender Roque Júnior will be replaced by Antônio Carlos - also suspended for this game. Cafu, who requested he leave the squad after being sent off and suspended for the Argentina game, will be replaced by Evanílson, of Borussia Dortmund.

The change that most fans will be keen to see is a return to a 4-4-2 formation, with midfielder Djalminha making way for striker Ronaldinho Gaúcho, who sat out the Paraguay game with a strained knee but will be fit to face the old enemy. The 4-5-1 formation used in the latest game was a complete flop, and is unlikely to be used again.

·
Registered
390 Posts
i dont know what to do with luxemburgo...
i dont think we should decide that on the outcome of the brasil-argentina game because we could lose to argentina at any time because although i dislike them they do have a great team, so we cant base the future on a game as difficult as this one... which brasil will win(i got R$20 ridin on this game)
but there is also the possibility that we end up waitin too long n screwin our chances of gettin a good position in the WC qualifiers...
my opinion is we do fire him because if he does go many great players of brasil shall probably return (marcelinho, edilson, leonardo, romario, etc.), nobody ever stopped to think that maybe its not the players who are the problem but the coach has the attitude...
but anyway if we do get rid of luxemburgo , who would be the new coach?
i dont $hit bout which coaches r good or not so i aint takin guesses

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Scolari.....

its time Brazil realize that it is impossible to play 1970 football and win.

the last time they won the world cup since then is when they had one of teh most cynical sides in history with two absolute killiers in midfield in the great Carols Dunga himself and the less great Mazinho.

They didn't concede many goals at all only about 2 and they were the champions.

It simply shows that discipline and defences are on top of football and have been for years now.

if Brazil cannot figure that out they don't deserve to make the Wordl Cup.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Tazz,
Felipao said he would not accept the political side of the job..he owuld say whatever he wanted and the team has to do whatever he wants....in CBF with Don Ricardo "mafia" Teixeira does not work like that:(
I think the manager should be Levir Culpi, always amkes good team....not as Luxemburgo but at least would call the BEST players are not the most "PUFFY" ones :)

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Scolari or another hard nosed guy...that guy that carried Paraguay to the last W.C.

Carpegianni his name was? He was a top class cynical coach.

I love Zoff style football :):):)

CATENACCIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but seriously Lux makes attractive teams like the great Corinthians of 98 and i honestly don't believe that he needs changing.

If Rivaldo had scored that free kick and the sub guy had also scored Brazil would have won. If RIvaldo were on form and Alex had scored Brazil would have beaten uruguay also.

Its the players fault not the coach. But if the coach has to be changes it has to be a bad boy like Scolari Carpegianni.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
tazz,
Caprpegianni is awful....he almost put Flamengo on the mud, after the put Sao Paulo n the mud last year....he changes to much the team...he pu8ts center forwards as right backs..honeslty..the guy is [email protected] up in the head

1 - 12 of 12 Posts