Xtratime Community banner

141 - 149 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
17,497 Posts
Because we were brilliant before he arrived? Not that the current management is faultless (at all), but we have been in deep shit for more than seven years now, since Berlusconi started dismantling the team in the midst of his corruption, bankruptcy, and underage prostitution shenanigans. By the time his daughter, who at some point was President of AC Milan, was literally banging an injury-prone Brazilian forward and blocked a swap with Tevez who was in beast mode. Then, not before paying 20 million Euro for Bertolacci and failing to sign Donnarumma to a long term contract, they sold it to put his beloved club in "safe hands": a Chinese organization shadier than Al Qaeda, and certainly with less funds. Mismanaged like crazy, it defaulted in a year and put the club in the red for FFP, creating long-term problems. The club ended up as property of a vulture fund known for their deeply unethical financial deals. Then, last summer Leonardo spent some 45 M Euro in Laxalt, Castillejo, and six months of Higuain.

But yeah let's blame Gazidis. While we're at it: it's all Suso's fault really.

We are worse now than 12 months ago...and one more loss could be in relegation battle zone, so yes we are worse now than before. Gazidis as CEO cannot be blameless...

·
Registered
8,830 Posts
Ismael seems to be out of favour based on the line up that Pioli prefers.

Lets see on the next match.
Rekic with an assist for Croatia playing on the right of the 4-3-3 forward line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
https://sempremilan.com/sky-milans-likely-xi-under-pioli-calhanoglu-keeps-his-place-in-4-2-3-1

Eat yr hearts out. Biglia to be the director of the team with Hakan, Suso, Piatek keeping their places in the team. No Leao, No Paqueta in the team...

So how different is it from Giampaolo?
I listened to his interview and he praised both Leao and Paqueta. He just said everyone has to prove themselves they belong in the pitch. Just because Sky is predicting doesn't mean shit. I've been in the world of speculation for some time and I've learned nobody knows shit and even the most "experts" can be dead wrong.

I doubt Pioli knows his formation without even having trained all the players. So now Sky knows more? Anyway he can start with the same formation for a couple of games, if it works fine. If it doesn't work you know his days are going to be numbered if he doesn't change. If Biglia, Hakan and Suso perform the same and he's still playing them game after game he take his 1M and go home. At least it will be cheaper than Giampy.

lol, then you should have hired Zaccheroni.
What about Bearzot or Liedholm?

·
Super Moderator
13,618 Posts
Because we were brilliant before he arrived? Not that the current management is faultless (at all), but we have been in deep shit for more than seven years now, since Berlusconi started dismantling the team in the midst of his corruption, bankruptcy, and underage prostitution shenanigans. By the time his daughter, who at some point was President of AC Milan, was literally banging an injury-prone Brazilian forward and blocked a swap with Tevez who was in beast mode. Then, not before paying 20 million Euro for Bertolacci and failing to sign Donnarumma to a long term contract, they sold it to put his beloved club in "safe hands": a Chinese organization shadier than Al Qaeda, and certainly with less funds. Mismanaged like crazy, it defaulted in a year and put the club in the red for FFP, creating long-term problems. The club ended up as property of a vulture fund known for their deeply unethical financial deals. Then, last summer Leonardo spent some 45 M Euro in Laxalt, Castillejo, and six months of Higuain.

But yeah let's blame Gazidis. While we're at it: it's all Suso's fault really.

We are worse now than 12 months ago...and one more loss could be in relegation battle zone, so yes we are worse now than before. Gazidis as CEO cannot be blameless...
Certainly not blameless. But also not to be blamed for everything.

·
Super Moderator
13,618 Posts
As I said, I'm pretty sure in a month or less at least a few of the key players will look a lot better, and very likely the team as a whole will. It should not very hard. It doesn't even require being good at all.
But you are pretty sure they won't ever look better under Giampaolo? What is the basis of your statement?

See I'm not looking for any debate, just that sometimes we go too far with our criticisms. I'm guilty of this as well. Most of us are. We just need to learn to cut people some slack (in this case Giampaolo). You have succeeded in making him like one terrible, horrible coach who's solely responsible for this problem. And this after 7 games. Now you've already concluded the players would be better (not saying they won't but won't stick my neck out), without even seeing them play one game under the mighty Pioli. It's the same thing as saying the players/team will certainly improve and be better if Giampaolo is given more time.
Again, the difference is that Giampaolo did a terrible job. Every player decreased their level and nothing in his career suggests he’d have made the team better.

Changes of struggling coaches often have that effect. Same thing happened with Gattuso, Solksjaer, etc. The team was in disarray under Giampaolo.

You keep acting as if I’m insulting Giampaolo and saying he is shit. I never said that. He just did a terrible job fir Milan and has never done great for any team. Believing in him based on what his colleagues say is pretty much blind faith.

·
Registered
23,863 Posts
No no no, it's all fair. The worst manager in the history of Milan. 3 lucky wins
In addition, neither Tabarez nor Terim were worse or even close to this performance. With Tabarez, results were mixed, but more importantly (1) we lost the "Milan identity" that Capello has engraved, and we were unable to tolerate failure as we were the most successful team in Italy,
See here is were your memory fails you. To call him worse than Tabarez is simply silly. Just because Tabarez won one more game in the first 7? Which he then followed up with 3 draws and a loss. Tabarez did not have better results than Giampaolo, but he had a much better squad. You all know which players we got now, let me remind you of some players Tabarez had:

Roberto Baggio, George Weah, Paolo Maldini, Zvonomir Boban, Demetrio Albertini, Dejan Savicevic, Alessandro Costacurta.

Giampaolo would have creamed his pants if he that squad. that squad though ended up 11th and that after Sacchi came in after half a season and improved the results somewhat. Tabarez then already had us out of UCL and Copa Italia.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
See here is were your memory fails you. To call him worse than Tabarez is simply silly. Just because Tabarez won one more game in the first 7? Which he then followed up with 3 draws and a loss. Tabarez did not have better results than Giampaolo, but he had a much better squad. You all know which players we got now, let me remind you of some players Tabarez had:

Roberto Baggio, George Weah, Paolo Maldini, Zvonomir Boban, Demetrio Albertini, Dejan Savicevic, Alessandro Costacurta.

Giampaolo would have creamed his pants if he that squad. that squad though ended up 11th and that after Sacchi came in after half a season and improved the results somewhat. Tabarez then already had us out of UCL and Copa Italia.
You're excluding a few facts. Tabarez also tied with Juve and Inter and in certain games he won 3-0 or 4-1. He didn't win games because he was playing against 10 men teams or because of a penalty.

This is not about the results(which Tabarez had better ones anyway). This is about the game play. With Giampaolo we've been worse in terms of game play of every team we played and I'm talking about teams coming from Serie B and teams going to Serie B. When we faced a strong team it was only through luck and Donnarumma that the game didn't end 6-0.

Anyway, Baggio was almost finished at Milan. Weah still had a few years left. Savicevic left the following season and you're forgetting Baresi & Vierchowod in defense. And there was Dugarry.

141 - 149 of 149 Posts