Xtratime Community banner

101 - 120 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
40,302 Posts
interesting reading, posts in this thread.

we all agree about how Giampaolo is awful and should be sacked. but we also MUST agree that this current milan have the worst players i've ever seen in this shirt, most of them never deserves to play for this club.

So, please don't forget while you're discussing about Giampaolo to also remember analysing your players, options and your team individually..

·
Registered
12,203 Posts
AC Milan announces it has relieved Mr. Marco Giampaolo from his position as coach of the First Team. The Club is grateful to Marco for the work carried out and wishes him all the best to come in his professional career.

·
Super Moderator
13,618 Posts
Well, wish him the best. He did an extremely poor job at Milan, but I would not be surprised if he does well elsewhere. Should just go back to Sampdoria honestly.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Did really not expect this just a week or 2 ago even if we were atrocious. They hyped him up so much and also said it would take time to implement his playing style and philosophy. Must have been something really wrong in the daily trainings as well or maybe just the whole players squad were not satisfied with him.

·
Registered
12,203 Posts
Another record for Giampy

Marco Giampaolo has set a new all-time club record by lasting just 111 days as the Coach of Milan before his dismissal.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
And the overpaid, overpampered primadonas get a pass once more. They live to continue their mediocre performance under another coach.

·
Registered
24,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Maybe with the exception of the teams that got relegated, personally I don't believe it's possible to single out a particular team and say they are the worst teams ever. Simply because even bad teams do have good moments, patches of periods during which they play well and get good results. And reverse is the case for great teams as they do encounter periods of slump. So how do rate a team just seven games into the season with former teams that have completed the rounds?

That said, the Tabarez and that Turkish coach era produced some of the worse teams and performances. Big case in point is 1996-1998.
When you need to compare you compare the first 7 games of each season, otherwise it gets skewed. Stats show that a start like this season's happened in the 1930s, which means that during our lifetime (precisely since 1991) this is indeed the worst Milan ever.

In addition, neither Tabarez nor Terim were worse or even close to this performance. With Tabarez, results were mixed, but more importantly (1) we lost the "Milan identity" that Capello has engraved, and we were unable to tolerate failure as we were the most successful team in Italy, and probably Europe. With Terim, we got mostly good results and played some attractive football, won over Inert, but the (1) inconsistent results, especially against small teams, (2) the need to get back to the top of seriea, and (3) Gallian's U-turn (probably conceded that he made a mistake not hiring the available Carlo) lead to premature sacking of him.

None of the two teams' (though Milan's 96 was in decline, end of era, etc.) sucking level can be compared to this Milan! In addition, both managers had tactics, and prepared the teams, stuck to their plans and had their vision and tactics. Om the other hand, what did GM do all summer, but to announce how his phylosophy is being comprehended by the players, praising Suso as the new coming of Kaka at AM, only to field Borini, mind you, as a CM!! and Hakan as a DM!! Then announce after only ONE game that 4-3-1-2 doesn't work and that he doesn't have the players for it?!! Really? Now, after all that summer preparation, you discover this?!!

None of the games showed what his tactics are, what is his methods or philosophy!!! 11 headless chicken with no purpose, as he, himself admitted "as of they have never trained" and it seems they have never trained!!

All of this has nothing to do with his successor. It is safe to say that GM must go (he is already gone) but then to bring an equal or slightly better version of him is just suicidal.

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Hot take: if MG started Paqueta and Leao Sunday, he would still have a job. I don't think this was purely about results.

·
Registered
24,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Well, wish him the best. He did an extremely poor job at Milan, but I would not be surprised if he does well elsewhere. Should just go back to Sampdoria honestly.
Yes, that doesn't mean he wouldn't succeed elsewhere, maybe even surpass this sorry Milan. It just didn't work for us.

·
Registered
24,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Hot take: if MG started Paqueta and Leao Sunday, he would still have a job. I don't think this was purely about results.
Some rumor about a dressing room problems after the Genoa game, not confirmed though.

·
Registered
24,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
interesting reading, posts in this thread.

we all agree about how Giampaolo is awful and should be sacked. but we also MUST agree that this current milan have the worst players i've ever seen in this shirt, most of them never deserves to play for this club.

So, please don't forget while you're discussing about Giampaolo to also remember analysing your players, options and your team individually..
We've already done that. In fact compared to Gattuso, GM had a better team as we cleaned the deadwood (players no one signed after they left Milan, until today, where Sampdoria signed Bertaccoli) and brought hims better players. What did he do? Played old players, benched new ones, and removed any creativity whatsoever.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
When you need to compare you compare the first 7 games of each season, otherwise it gets skewed. Stats show that a start like this season's happened in the 1930s, which means that during our lifetime (precisely since 1991) this is indeed the worst Milan ever.

In addition, neither Tabarez nor Terim were worse or even close to this performance. With Tabarez, results were mixed, but more importantly (1) we lost the "Milan identity" that Capello has engraved, and we were unable to tolerate failure as we were the most successful team in Italy, and probably Europe. With Terim, we got mostly good results and played some attractive football, won over Inert, but the (1) inconsistent results, especially against small teams, (2) the need to get back to the top of seriea, and (3) Gallian's U-turn (probably conceded that he made a mistake not hiring the available Carlo) lead to premature sacking of him.

None of the two teams' (though Milan's 96 was in decline, end of era, etc.) sucking level can be compared to this Milan! In addition, both managers had tactics, and prepared the teams, stuck to their plans and had their vision and tactics. Om the other hand, what did GM do all summer, but to announce how his phylosophy is being comprehended by the players, praising Suso as the new coming of Kaka at AM, only to field Borini, mind you, as a CM!! and Hakan as a DM!! Then announce after only ONE game that 4-3-1-2 doesn't work and that he doesn't have the players for it?!! Really? Now, after all that summer preparation, you discover this?!!

None of the games showed what his tactics are, what is his methods or philosophy!!! 11 headless chicken with no purpose, as he, himself admitted "as of they have never trained" and it seems they have never trained!!

All of this has nothing to do with his successor. It is safe to say that GM must go (he is already gone) but then to bring an equal or slightly better version of him is just suicidal.
Well I'm sorry. I can't use 7 games to compare teams in order to come up with who's worst in history. Won't work for me. Makes no sense to me, it's cherry picking sort of. Okay, like how about which Milan team is the worst after 2 games? Or why didn't we analyze and see which is worst after 3 games? Or after first 90 minutes of the season? So all these make no sense imo as you can cherry-pick, tweak or twist to come up with the Stat you want to make a point.

And once more, does Giampaolo deserve to go? Probably, but personally I'd give him a little more chance.

·
va' fancul
1,899 Posts
This club is in pure shambles.

I understand that he's not the right guy but at this juncture who is really? The whole organization is a huge mess.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
This club has been doomed since Belu sold Milan to the highest bidder the scumbag Li, which was then taken over by a Wall Street vulture.

Without a proper and stable owner, no top coach would want to come to this mediocre and messy club to ruin his reputation, and no top players would want to join us to ruin their career. This is the reality.

When complain about why Maldini and Boban, who operate with restriction set by Elliott, wouldn't be able to hire the top coach, we should open our eyes and face the reality.

·
Registered
24,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Well I'm sorry. I can't use 7 games to compare teams in order to come up with who's worst in history. Won't work for me. Makes no sense to me, it's cherry picking sort of. Okay, like how about which Milan team is the worst after 2 games? Or why didn't we analyze and see which is worst after 3 games? Or after first 90 minutes of the season? So all these make no sense imo as you can cherry-pick, tweak or twist to come up with the Stat you want to make a point.

And once more, does Giampaolo deserve to go? Probably, but personally I'd give him a little more chance.
Well, I'm sorry; this is how comparison is made. If he stayed for 9 games I'd compare his 9 games, if he stayed for 2 seasons, I'd compare his two seasons. Usually a start of a season is between 4-8 matchdays, so it is safe to say that his start is the worst since the 1930s. No tweaks or twists.

IMO, he should have been fired right after the derby. And when taking a decision to fire a coach, it is not only results that count. There are some internal dynamics we may never know about, but also, seriously have you looked at us playing? Even the games we won?!

·
Registered
24,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
And BTW, I would have liked to see all management go as well, and Elliot selling the club.

·
Registered
8,830 Posts
Some rumor about a dressing room problems after the Genoa game, not confirmed though.

I am not surprised by this. The Piontek interview some time back give some hint on this.
Even Paqueta social media on being Brazilian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I don't understand the sacking. Did he not play the best players that we have? Did he not listen to the outside opinion and played Suso on the left? Did he not take out Hakan and Piatek for Leao and Paqueta at halftime in the match against Genoa?

The problem does not lie with Giampaolo. The problems lie with the players. How did Piatek who was scoring freely at Genoa failed to register any goal from open play for us this season? How did Hakan and Suso played so badly this season? The sacking of Giampaolo will only add more unhappiness amongst the squad.

If the sacking is true, then I dun understand how getting Pioli will solve the problem. The same players will still be there, their morale will not be boosted by the appointment of Pioli. In fact, their morale will be much lower seeing how the hashtag #Pioliout is gaining popularity.

In fact, I think Gattuso will be ideal as he will be a great coach to motivate the players and get them to play at their 100%. Not some Pioli who has zero Milan affinity, who doesn't resonate with Milan to take charge.

101 - 120 of 149 Posts