Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's very nice coming here and watching the page filled by new threads...:rolleyes: ;)

So how was the World Cup for you? ;) Did you (Humbird and Krist) get disappointed with Argentina's crap win? :D Maybe Brazil should have teached you a thing or two about playing WC matches (oh and missing chances, not to forget how to act in the pitch :tongue: )!

Now only two days until Portugal's first match in WC! :happy: I can't wait for it!

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
our very own Nuno will surely score a hattrick:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, he could have scored that against Saudi Arabia, but they are not in our group...:D

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Yacoob said:
Well, he could have scored that against Saudi Arabia, but they are not in our group...:D
ehm, will he even be in the starting lineup???

Well, for me the WC has been very good so far... Denmark won the first match against Uruguay and I've been winning quite a lot of money on betting :D

Well, I also look forward to see Portugal :)

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was anyone foolish enough to predict/bet a 1-0 win for Senegal over France?!!! Huh, Koj-Gysto???

I did!!! :D

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
Sell Nuno...

.... purchase Brian McBride.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Well as most of you can guess I'm quite happy with today's proceeding in Japan. How many times has a team tried to protect a one goal lead only to lose it at the death? Not a great performance by either team, I thought Kahn was the best player on the pitch followed probably by Finnan.

Italy have impressed me most thus far but haven't seen to many full games due to a solid weekends drinking! Would have loved to see the USA game today. Looking forward to Argentina versus England on Friday.

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Humbird said:
Sell Nuno...

.... purchase Brian McBride.
Oh my! I can't believe the way Portugal played! I thought they would have some problems but not in such a way! :( I don't think Nuno Gomes could have done anything anyway, without Rui Costa, Portugal weren't able to do anything, he was the one orchestrating the team, he was the one leading the attacks, when he got out, Portugal failed to do anything.

The defence was a disgrace, totally pathetic! And Baia? Well, why didn't they play Ricardo instead?! Baia was responsible for two goals!

Next time, I hope Ricardo will start, and they will play with two strikers, Pauleta (oh, great headers :rolleyes: ) and Nuno Gomes together! Rui Costa SHOULD play the whole feckin match! I have been saying this since Italy beat Portugal in a friendly and frankly Portugal's coaches never learned from that mistake, RUI COSTA SHOULD ALWAYS BE IN UNLESS HE WAS INJURED!!! :mad: Sure, Figo is the more famous, but Rui Costa is more important for Portugal...

:depress:

Dónal, I thought you'd beat the Germans but it never happened! Anyway, I hope you all the best! And the Danish and Swedish NTs also! ;)

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Yacoob said:
Was anyone foolish enough to predict/bet a 1-0 win for Senegal over France?!!! Huh, Koj-Gysto???

I did!!! :D
hehe, I betted Senegal to lose by 1 at most... so, I won on that match too :D

and about my winnings they are here no more... lost them on Portugal :fero:

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Rui Costa asked himself to be substituted. Maybe he was too tired to continue.

Finnish commentator said that Jorge Costa, Fernando Couto and Vitor Baia were the Bermuda triangle to Portugal's game. :howler:

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He did? I wouldn't forgive Oliviera for that if you didn't say it! :fero: :stuckup:

Oh damn! Recoba didn't score against France today! :mad: The earlier France get out of WC the better! At least they are getting themselves in a very bad situation now! ;) :happy: But I hope this won't make the matters worse for Portugal...

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Yacoob said:
He did? I wouldn't forgive Oliviera for that if you didn't say it! :fero: :stuckup:

Oh damn! Recoba didn't score against France today! :mad: The earlier France get out of WC the better! At least they are getting themselves in a very bad situation now! ;) :happy: But I hope this won't make the matters worse for Portugal...
We just need a draw against France in the last match and they are out :D

Even a 1-goal win won't be enough for France...

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This sounds good to me, I think you can at least get a draw against them, so I'll officially declare France to be OUUUUUUUUUUT! :D

Things doesn't seem all that better with the Argentinian NT, a lose against England sound bit hard to believe, I thought England were an over-rated bunch of crap, but they were a good, solid team, and they had Sheringham too! ;) Now Bati and co need a victory against Sweden to make sure they reach the second round. I'm betting on Sweden beating Argentina here, and the second favourite for winning WC is also OUUUUUUUT!!! :D

Thanks, now with teams like a mulfunctioned German machine, an English team coached by a mobile phone, an over-rated Italian team containing Oscar winning actors (Inzaghi and Totti ;) ), not to forget Spain whose luck will stop just when it matters, and the road will be clear for the people's champs, Brazil! ;)

It'll be great to see Denilson carry the most presitigious cup around! :proud:

·
Registered
904 Posts
Greetings all,

Haven't been around in a while as I've spent more time lately following the WC. Have to say I'm enjoying it. From the US so loved our win over Port (despite the fact that I like a lot of the Port players, have to go with my team first). Got a good draw againt Korea (knew they would be tough as the home team always is, heck the US advanced at home in 94 even though nobody on the team played professionally; at least Korea has a league), so looks like we're in a good position to advance, and maybe even win the group (we play against an eliminated Poland while Portugal and Korea battle each other for their own advancement). Go US!

Also rooting for the other teams in our CONCACAF conference, and happy that they've played well also. Mexico won both of their matches so far, and Costa Rica won one and tied the other. However both of their last matches are tough (Mex vs Italy, CR vs Brazil), so they might still get knocked out unless the teams with more points in the other groups choak. I hope they make it though.

Not getting much sleep durring this with the matches live from 2:30am to 9:30am, and then going to work after. Watched the US match in a packed bar here in NYC. Had a blast. Members of the local teams (Metrostars and Power) were also there watching. Place went nuts during Mathis's goal (he plays for the Metrostars, so is our boy in Korea). Too bad we couldn't hold on and win or put another one in. Oh well, the ball is round....

Like I said, currently caught up with all the WC excitement to pay too much attention to Fio. Really wonder what will happen with our team. I've been down about it for a long time. Wonder how much news we'll hear from them also as there will probably be a lot less with them now in B. Didn't think we'd go down so quickly, but then I've written all that in other posts.

Oh yeah, having a Brazilian background (even considered a citizen by Brazilian law) enjoying Brazil's play as well, but don't really expect too much from them. However, if all the other favorites fall out its possible they might just win by default. And Denilson is fun to watch, but hardly ever do his spectacular plays lead to anything positive. He dribbles past all the defenders, but doesn't seem to have a good enough shot to get it past goalkeepers after that, and his passes to teammates seem to surprise his teammates just as much as the opposition (both for club an country). Kinda frustrating because you watch him and it seems he acomplishes the difficult part, but then fails at the easy part once he's past everyone.

Hope you all are enjoying the cup as well. Looking forward to getting some sleep after its all over.

chris...

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
CONGRATS Koj-Gysto!!!! :happy: Watching Juve's Trezeguet fail again to score was maginficent! ;) And they called him Trezegol?! :confused: :howler:

Nice to see the German team going through too...:rolleyes: :yuck: I thought Cameroon will play good enough to win by 1-0 but apparently, I underestimated the Germans! :rolleyes: :tongue:

Tomorrow will be one hell of a day! I'm rooting for Sweden against the not so mighty Argentina! I hope to see Bati frustrated and unable to score! :howler:

CRSvideo, this is just perfect, Denilson reminds me of my early maths days, when I answer the hard questions and fail to answer the easy ones. :rolleyes: His shots ain't all that bad actually, I think he can shoot well, but not well enough to score, but his left shot is powerfull. The problem is his crosses aren't all that good, sometimes I think he's better as central midfielder than on the flanks, but then, it's only on the flanks where he can dribble a few players and create havoc. I just guess he's better for tiring the opponents defenders than he is as a usefull player.

Now I need to get some sleep too...watching Tofting play got my eyes tired...:eek: :tongue:

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
thanks Yacoob :)

It was a great match :D

congratz to all the Swedes in here for kicking out the second favorite Argentina :cool:

will Italy be the next to follow? ;)

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, congrats to all the Swedes! :)

Today wasn't as good for me, my predictions were all bad. Italy managed to get a draw against Mexico, I expected at least a 2-0 win for Mexico! :tongue: Still, Croatia were the ones who handed Italy their qualifying spot! :mad: I can't understand Croatia one bit, they can beat Italy but not Ecuador?! :confused:

I didn't watch Brazil's match because I was sleeping and the match wasn't important enough for me to cut my sleep, although I regretted that when I heard that Kaka played! That would have been my first time watching him play, after many months of hearing good things about him...

God help Portugal tomorrow! :angel: They'll need all the luck in the world to get past the hosts. Even though I expect good things, the match will be very hard, they've to win the match, but how will they? I feel very worried when I imagine Jorge Costa and Couto playing against a couple of pacey Korean players! :( ;) :tongue:

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Now there is no doubt about it...

Nuno Gomes...

Joao Pinto...

Antonio Oliviera...

WILL BE EXECUTED!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

SACK THE DAMN COACH!!!! :mad:

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
I feel terrible for Manuel Rui Costa. What was the Portugal coach thinking?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts