Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reports suggest that Fiorentina’s new Coach could be current Cittadella boss Ezio Glerean.

The tactician employs Zdenek Zeman style tactics that involve pouring forward at all times in search of goals.

Glerean, quite different from the other rumoured candidate Reggina’s Franco Colomba, is also a target for promotion-seeking Vicenza.

The Viola will play their next campaign in Serie B and with most of the current squad up for sale, the successor to current Coach Luciano Chiarugi will not be assured top stars with which to aim for promotion.

Another contender for the bench could be Eugenio Fascetti. The Tuscan native, who was fired by Bari and Vicenza in the last two seasons, has put his name forward for consideration.

“If Fiorentina call me then I’d run to the Stadio Artemio Franchi,” he told ‘Lady Radio’. “I want to take charge of a stimulating team and fans, so Florence certainly fits the bill.”

The last year has seen several protests – some of which turned violent – against current owner Vittorio Cecchi Gori.

“There are also problems in this city,” admits Fascetti, “but next year I am ready for everything, even war.”

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
what happened to the Mutti guy?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Humbird, its been confirmed that Mutti and Ulivieri will not be the new coach. thats definite. guess, we'll just have to keep on guessing. Faschetti could be the surprise candidate though.

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
"The tactician employs Zdenek Zeman style tactics that involve pouring forward at all times in search of goals."

That sounds like what we need after Mancini's era, some attacking football to get excited and to put the pressure on our opponents.

Wasn't that fatso Turk Terim supposed to be back in two years?! That was a promise wasn't it? The friggin liar!
:fero: :eek:

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Terim will not be back in florence - i obviously cant say for sure, especially with the way things have been at fiorentina this season! but it is very unlikely for the turks return. it would be nice though. anyway, this new free-flowing attacking style of play is exactly what the fiorentina fans need. just like in the malesani days, huh? that would be nice.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It seems that eugenio faschetti is the front runner for the reconstruction job in florence. he has good experience with limited resourced teams and could produce a more balanced fiorentina next year.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Fascetti latest Viola option Tuesday 7 May, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The uncertainty regarding the identity of the new Fiorentina boss has deepened after Eugenio Fascetti was linked with the job.

The former Bari tactician was sacked by Vicenza at Christmas and is just the latest in a long line of coaches who have been associated with the vacant Viola post.

Reports on Tuesday suggest that Fascetti, an old school Italian boss, is the new favourite ahead of the likes of Renzo Ulivieri, Franco Colomba of Reggina and Palermo’s Bortolo Mutti.

Meanwhile, injured Viola stopper Moreno Torricelli has failed to commit himself to the Serie B campaign that the Tuscan outfit will be included in next season.

"It is too early to make a decision on my future," said the former Juventus player. "I need to sit down and talk at length with the club before making such an important judgement."

The Artemio Franchi side have also been linked with a new goalkeeper. With Alex Manninger returning to Arsenal after his loan deal expired, the club could take Roma’s Christian Cejas.

The Argentine has spent most of this season on loan at Serie B side Siena after being blocked at the capital club by Francesco Antonioli and Ivan Pelizzoli.

channel4

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Chiesa and Fascetti in Viola future
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eugenio Fascetti will almost certainly be Fiorentina’s next Coach, but Enrico Chiesa’s future remains in doubt.

Former Bari boss Fascetti is currently unemployed after Serie B side Vicenza fired him. The native Tuscan is tipped to replace Luciano Chiarugi on the Viola bench and all but confirmed the news himself.

“Certain clubs give you a real push,” he told local television station Rete 37. “I’d come to Florence without even thinking about it and am even willing to gamble away a chunk of my pay cheque.”

Relegation into Serie B has been the least of Fiorentina’s problems this year as the financial crisis has been dubbed “irreversible” by court appointed accountants.

The fans continue to escalate their protests against patron Vittorio Cecchi Gori as this month several thousand Tifosi marched through the city.

“I am not afraid of the tensions surrounding the club,” assured the tactician. “In fact, I prefer to be shouted at rather than to walk out into an empty stadium.”

The financial crisis could again force many of their star players to be sold off, but Fascetti notes that he would like to keep Enrico Chiesa.

“Players like Chiesa and Roberto Baggio, the kind who can make a difference, are few and far between. The clubs that have them in their ranks are truly blessed. If I was able to keep Chiesa then I certainly would say yes.”

The player himself has admitted his desire to stay with the Viola, even if that means playing in the second division.

“I thank Fascetti for the faith he has in me,” commented Chiesa this afternoon at a charity match. “I assure him that this respect is mutual. But at the moment my only thoughts are returning to the playing field after such a long injury lay-off. My future will be sorted out by my agents and the Fiorentina directors.”

This week Chiesa’s agent had confirmed interest from Lazio, where Chiesa would be able to join former Viola Coach Roberto Mancini.

“I am happy in Florence,” assured the ex-Sampdoria hitman, “and in any case it is heartening to know that such a big club as Lazio would want me. Everyone knows how important Mancini is to me and I wish him the very best

1 - 8 of 8 Posts