Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 259 Posts

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After our San Siro wins vs Parma and PSV :shades: we travel to Florence. It will be a very difficult game for a number of reasons. Fiorentina are fighting against relegation, plus they hate us with all their guts. It will be our 8th game in 24 days :googly: so naturally our players. most presumably, will not be 100% fit :stress: and lately things in Florence haven't worked out so well: Milan have not won at Fiorentina for ten years. The last success dates back to the final round of the 1994-1995 season, on June 4, 1995. After Gabriel Omar Batistuta cancelled out Sandro Melli's opener for Milan, Marco Simone scored a penalty to give the Rossoneri a final 2-1 victory. In the seven consecutive games, played between December 1995 and January 2002, the San Siro side collected three draws (2-2 in 1995-96, 0-0 in 1998-99 and 1-1 in 2001-02) and four defeats (1-0 in 1996-97, 2-0 in 1997-98, 2-1 in 1999-00 and 4-0 in January 2001).

:: FIORENTINA 4-4-2
1 Cejas
8 Ariatti
21 Ujfalusi
55 Viali
4 Chiellini
7 Di Livio
14 Maresca
16 Donadel
15 Jorgensen
11 Miccoli
20 Pazzini
A disposizione
22 Lupatelli
33 Delli Carri
25 Maggio
44 Piangerelli
10 Nakata
9 Riganò
99 Bojinov
Allenatore Zoff
Indisponibili
Nessuno

Squalificati
Dainelli (2)

Diffidati
Dainelli

:: MILAN 4-3-1-2
1 Dida
2 Cafu
13 Nesta
31 Stam
27 Sergihno
8 Gattuso
10 Rui Costa
10 Seedorf
22 Kakà
7 Shevchenko
11 Crespo
A disposizione
17 Abbiati
5 Costacurta
14 Simic
26 Pancaro
24 Dhorasoo
32 Brocchi
15 Tomasson
Allenatore Ancelotti
Indisponibili
Nessuno

Squalificati
Maldini (1), Kaladze (1), Ambrosini (1)

Diffidati
Nesta, Seedorf, Rui Costa

Forza Milan :devil:

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Forza Milan indeed :devil:

A bit sad that we have to send Viola into relegation, but hey, it's a dog eat dog kind of world :neutral:

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Oh great, Nesta could be suspended for the Juve game. I feel so much better now. :wallbang:

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
You guys have to win this game! I do not want to see the Gobbi win another title!

Did you guys know that Ujfalusi said that he was better than Nesta? It was on La Gazzetta this summer when Fiorentina bought him. Please ridicule him.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
You guys are actually worried?
whack a semi solid defence up, experiment with the midfield and bring in a few youngsters and put Tommason up front with some unknown from the youth team...
when the game has crept boringly to the 70th minute mark, chuck on Gattuso/Kaka and win the game 2 - 0 (if you havent been leading 1-0 up until then).

Nice easy game that won't exert to much on your players...or you could play for the draw ;)

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Fiorito28 said:
Did you guys know that Ujfalusi said that he was better than Nesta? It was on La Gazzetta this summer when Fiorentina bought him. Please ridicule him.
Didnt say he was better than Nesta, but he hoped to be one of the greats in world football like Nesta and challenge him to that spot as part of Serie A's best defence...

He's a great player, too bad he's surrounded by louts from Serie B

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Nice try Jah :thmbup:

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
barracuda said:
Nice try Jah :thmbup:
i try :hopefull:

but seriously, word on the street is that you guys cant afford to field a full strength team...may i ask why? the game in holland is all but in the bag, schudetto is the focus now?

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
If the word is true, it is possilby due to injuries, semi-injuries that need some rest and suspension threats ahead of the Juve game.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Jah said:
Didnt say he was better than Nesta, but he hoped to be one of the greats in world football like Nesta and challenge him to that spot as part of Serie A's best defence...

He's a great player, too bad he's surrounded by louts from Serie B
He is not that great and sorry but I stated what he said word by word...I know because I bought it. Usually I do not buy the sport newspapers anymore because its useless to spend 1 Euro for rumors (plus we have the net) but once in a while I do and I usually switch from Il Corriere dello Sport or La Gazzetta dello Sport...if you want a good laugh get Tuttosport! :D

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Fiorito28 said:
He is not that great and sorry but I stated what he said word by word...I know because I bought it. Usually I do not buy the sport newspapers anymore because its useless to spend 1 Euro for rumors (plus we have the net) but once in a while I do and I usually switch from Il Corriere dello Sport or La Gazzetta dello Sport...if you want a good laugh get Tuttosport! :D
yes all in italiano when he obviously has spent so long over here?
he said he thinks he can be better than Nesta and i would argue he's been playing good, wouldnt say better than Nesta, but ok keeping our defence in check when your surrounded by plumbers and chimp for a keeper.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Let's rest Seedorf and Pirlo, play Rui and Serginho
Play JDT instead of Crespo upfront

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Jah said:
yes all in italiano when he obviously has spent so long over here?
he said he thinks he can be better than Nesta and i would argue he's been playing good, wouldnt say better than Nesta, but ok keeping our defence in check when your surrounded by plumbers and chimp for a keeper.
Over here where? Germany? It was an interview and translated of course and the main titolone was "Sono piu' forte di Nesta".
Ciao ci.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
IMO, Cafu and Sheva MUST be rest :stress: , they clearly showed tiredness in the PSV game and they are indispensable to us... :star:

Pirlo has shown in PSV game that he's not 100% fit yet, I'd better reserve the best of him for the CL. ;)

Since Maldini, Kaladze and Ambrosini are suspended, I'd play the following lineup,

---------------Dida------------------

Pancaro---Nesta----Stam----Serginho

---Gattuso---Rui Costa---Seedorf----

-------------Kaka-------------------

-------Tomasson-----Crespo--------

When we take the lead(hopefully), sub Dhorasso in for Kaka, and if things go wrong(touchwood), Pippo should come out of the bench to rescue. :star:

We must reserve our energy for the return leg of CL. :cool:

FORZA MILAN:devil:

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Nesta MUST be careful in the match though, we can't afford to miss him against Juve.:stress:

As shown in the PSV game, although both Paolo and Jaap are great defenders, their styles aren't compliment to each other at all. Nesta-Maldini and Nesta-Stam are much more stable and solid.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
if i am in charge i run the scrubs...get the guys to show what they are made off

start pippo and tommo up front with rui behind, have a middle with dhorasso, brocchi, serghino ...and play simic, pancaro, costacurta and stam....let them show us heart and rest the boys before the big CL game

i do think the bench will step up and show us what they are made of...and if we are not winning at the 60 minute mark jsut put in sheva and seedorf.

but i think rest is crucial now

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Lav said:
if i am in charge i run the scrubs...get the guys to show what they are made off

start pippo and tommo up front with rui behind, have a middle with dhorasso, brocchi, serghino ...and play simic, pancaro, costacurta and stam....let them show us heart and rest the boys before the big CL game

i do think the bench will step up and show us what they are made of...and if we are not winning at the 60 minute mark jsut put in sheva and seedorf.

but i think rest is crucial now

that's exactly what i thought. it was obvious that the players where tired on tuesday. we have to use our subs now to have a relatively fresh team against eindhoven and juve.

unfortunately i don't think carlo has the courage to do so.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Rest our best players?

What the hell for? I too prefer the CL :stuckup: but why throw the Scudetto away?

If they're tired the players can train less.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Politician said:
Rest our best players?

What the hell for? I too prefer the CL :stuckup: but why throw the Scudetto away?

If they're tired the players can train less.

well according to cafu the training is already at a minimum fitness level.

1 - 20 of 259 Posts