Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bojinov set for Viola start

Wednesday 2 February, 2005

A delighted Dino Zoff is likely to start Fiorentina new boy Valeri Bojinov in tonight’s game against Palermo.

The 18-year-old striker only joined the club on Monday following his shock £9.3m move from Lecce.

"I want to thank the club for making some notable financial sacrifices," said boss Zoff. "We’ve signed good players who have a real future."

The Bulgarian international is set to partner Fabrizio Miccoli in attack as the Viola look to climb clear of relegation trouble.

The Tuscan giants also signed striker Gianpaolo Pazzini, from Atalanta, and Milan owned Marco Donadel on Monday.

The latter, who spent the first half of this season on loan at Sampdoria, is also being tipped to make his debut this evening.

Meanwhile, Juventus transfer guru Luciano Moggi has praised Fiorentina’s capture of Bojinov.

"I’m not surprised by the move," said the director general. "Bojinov is a good player and Fiorentina are one of the few clubs with spending power right now.

"With strikers like Miccoli and Bojinov, they will not only be able to climb the table but also the Eiffel Tower."

channel4

Probable formations:

FIORENTINA
3-5-2

22 Lupatelli
33 Delli Carri
55 Viali
3 Dainelli
8 Ariatti
15 Jorgensen
16 Donadel
5 Obodo
4 Chiellini
11 Miccoli
99 Bojinov

PALERMO
4-4-1-1

99 Guardalben
2 Zaccardo
21 Biava
43 Barzagli
11Grosso
22 Mutarelli
5 Corini
8 Barone
4 Morrone
90 Brienza
9 Toni

gazzetta.it

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Half time results:

Fiorentina - Palermo 0-0

Juventus-Sampdoria 0-1
Messina-Milan 1-2
Inter-Atalanta 1-0
Udinese-Chievo 0-0
Lecce-Roma 0-0
Lazio-Brescia 0-0
Siena-Cagliari 2-0
Livorno-Reggina 0-1

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Damn, 0-2 :(

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
1-2 Miccoli

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We are trying to attack but nothing seems to come out of it. Palermo is defending well in the last minutes.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
"Il Palermo incredibilmente finisce all'attacco questa partita con la Fiorentina che resta a guardare"

Oh my. few minutes left.

·
Registered
263 Posts
A bit boring match, and Palermo weren't necessarily better, yet they scored twice... Fiorentina were somehow rude most of the time, with all the fouls, and only few players played the way they should, like Bojinov and Miccoli... I hope the team will do better till the end of the season when I suppose a new team will be built and the next season should be a successful one :)

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
tarbuh, let's face it-Palermo were better
the only mistake they made was when Miccoli scored...
Fiorentina's players couldn't break through their defence line at all;
seems like Bojinov will need some time to adapt, it would have been good if some of the balls have been for him instead of for Miccoli
anyway, too bad that in this important game la Viola was somewhat not very convincing...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts