Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although I feel a little bit worried before the match, I think that we have a decent match of winning. They have several influential players injured like Maldini and Inzaghi. Rui Costa will probably return to play on this match, that sounds good for me, as he didn't do much since his move from Florence to Milan, and he just got back from injury, so don't expect anything spectacular from him. ;) His presence may actually help us a little bit to get some domination on the midfield.

Getting back to our squad, Nuno Gomes is out this match, so all the eyes will be set on Adriano as our hope to get any point in the match will rest on his hands, or rather, his feet! ;) :D

I hope to see Robbiati playing, at least the last ten minitues...

The match will be played on the evening, so I got a great chance to see the second Viola match this season. :) The first was against their neighbours Inter. :D

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
ah this SUCKS..........

Rui Costa will only train with ACM and will not play said the coach it was the palyers dicision and Rui said he aint ready also Nuno Gomes wont play for Viola because he is hurt.:depress:

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well...It's all the same! I'll be wearing my Chiesa lucky shirt for this one (because you know, my Mijatovic one got tired while helping Bahrain in the Gulf Cup against Saudi Arabia :D ), so don't expect anything less than a win for us! ;)

24 minutes to go...

·
International
6,519 Posts
Adriano scores his third 90th minute goal in Serie A !!!

YOu were good today, I loved Morfeo, he is such a good player.

Fiorentina 1 - 1 Milan

·
6,645 Posts
The best players on the field today was defienitley Morfeo, Adriano and Manninger. Gonzalez was also very good. He seems to fit in the squad much better nowadays. I'd like to see and offensive structure with Adriano and Nuno Gomes as strikers and Morfeo and Gonzalez as playmakers in the future. Amaral and Torricelli was worhtless. A well deserved draw!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I am glad to see Fiorentina experience some possitive things.:)

So, how about a line-up, does anyone have starting line-up of regulars?

Does Di Livio still play?

ADRIAAN
_______

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
congrats, fio... :D:D:D i did predict a draw for u guys as i knew that adriano could help u guys a lot...i didn't watch the game but 2 goals in 2 consecutive games...what more u can ask for from him?? :D:D:D

i m pretty sure he is loved by fiorentina's fans :)

·
Registered
589 Posts
If we can avoid get something from Atalanta and beat Venezia the we are laughing! I can't see us going down now, esp. as Gonzalez is finally getting a crack, superb piece of play for the goal wasn't it!!!!!

Parma look screwed though.

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is truly a well deserved draw. :happy: I haven't seen Fiorentina playing in such a good way since Terim's resignation or rather sacking! Although we didn't dominate the midfield, we had plenty of good chances, thanks very much to the creativity of Morfeo who fooled Milan's players many times! He got great skills there, I've been looking for players with such dribbling skills before and seen many, Zola, Rui Costa, Figo, Zidane, Denilson, Quaresma, but this guy showed me things I have never seen with other players, he's simply outstanding in that department! :happy: Equi have finally put an end to the doubters of his worth, he excelled in the match, I add my voice to Krist's, he must be starting every match alongside Morfeo, that would make out attack more dangerous! :excited:

As for Adriano, he's showing a lot of improvement, he got the talent, the finishing, the physique, the dribbling skills, but still he got something which he should improve on. He seem a bit selfish at times, there were times when he should have passed the ball to someone else but instead of that, he shoots the ball, that reminds me of Chiesa. But even that doesn't harm Adriano's importance to us. By the time he finishes his loan spell with us, he will be a mature, great player who will make Inter's fans very proud of what he managed to accomplish with us. :proud:

I have one thing though, I think we have to put a bigger effort on playing from the flanks, and both Di Livio and Vanoli have to get more practicing on their crosses. ;)

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Those who blamed Morfeo after he got few red cards shame on you! He has the technique and an eye for goals. Equi must be in our starting 11. Replace Amaral with Robbiati or Amoroso and midfield will be better.

Thanks for Bianchi for taking Cois in instead of another attacker, because we had the power to score but nobody to take the ball up.

·
Registered
575 Posts
So what did Equi do to earn all this praise from you? Well he made one great assist but before that he was almost invisible. Morfeo was superb. He's touch is incredible. HE is the MAN together with Manninger who makes me forget about Toldo. I hope we buy him after this season. Except the great displays by these players (Adriano also who as Yacoob said is a bit selfish sometimes) our game wasn't that good.

When Yacoob write "we had plenty of good chanses" I wonder what game he saw. We hardly created anything (but Milan didn't either). Why didn't we use the flanks more? Their middefensive was crowded all the time but still we didn't use the flanks I didn't get that.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Equi played only 35 minutes, but he gave few good passes, crossings and most of all the goal pass. Maybe it's not ideal to judge our players after this game against Milan eventhough Bianchi wasn't happy.

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I watched the match three times (I got it recorded) and I'm still with my former opinion. We had plenty of good chances, more than Milan's chances. Adriano was the key here, he missed a couple of chances, and with the these, he screwed another few chances with his selfish attitude.

Our match wasn't that good? Can you even compare this match to, say the pathetic crap sh*tty performance we had against Inter? If we played against Milan in the same way we did against Inter, Milan would have beaten us 7-0. :rolleyes:

This is the best match we played for a long time, we didn't control the match, the team still didn't reach the level of unity and teamplay it should, but there is no doubt about it, this is way better than any match under Mancini. There is a lot of improvement on our play.

I think that what Equi did in these few minutes was way better than what half our midfield did during the whole match, we had a pathetic midfield with players like Amaral (pure crap), Baronio, who I didn't notice in the match except when he got substituted (and those freekicks). :rolleyes:

Along with my praises for Equi I said that he should play alongside Morfeo, because frankly, Morfeo have shown that he can't do it all, he need a partner, someone who's not as crap as Amaral/Baronio, and that guy is Equi.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Amaral worked hard and was ok I think I don't see why you say he's crap. I think most of our midfield was ok until they fell back a bit and let Milan dominate the midfield.

To say this was a good game just cause we played bettre than the Inter game doesn't mean anything.

·
Registered
811 Posts
nikofv said:
Those who blamed Morfeo after he got few red cards shame on you! He has the technique and an eye for goals. Equi must be in our starting 11. Replace Amaral with Robbiati or Amoroso and midfield will be better.
well, he's a good player, but he should be blamed for the red cards he got, it came from his immaturity

1 - 15 of 15 Posts