Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nobody has made a thread and the game is tomorrow. :)

We have just one away victory this season and fiorentina is one of the best teams at home. But we did beat them away in the Coppa when they played a lot of their starters and we have been very close to victory against the likes of Napoli, Udinese and Milan so maybe it's time Lady Luck gave us a bit of help away from the Olimpico, too. Fiorentina are missing their best defender and will have to play for win and win only while we could be cynical and play on the counter.

A team I would like to see (but I am sure I will not):

Muslera, De Silvestri, Rozenhal (or Radu if healthy), Cribari, Kolarov, Dabo, Ledesma, Mutarelli, Pandev, Rocchi, Bianchi

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Eh, no one wants to do the dirty work! :) I was waiting for Carson to start the topic, but perhaps is too busy. There has to be a rotation system for the match topic too...

Anyway, Valon Behrami and Stefan Radu have not been called up, maybe Delio Rossi wants them to be fully fit for the game against Inter. Pandev, De Silvestri, Dabo, Siviglia and Mudingayi, watch out! A yellow card and you will miss the game against Inter.

I would like to see this line-up

Muslera
De Silvestri - Siviglia - Rozenhal - Kolarov
Mudingayi - Ledesma - Mutarelli
Meghni
Bianchi - Rocchi.

According to gazzetta:

Lazio 4-3-1-2

32 Ballotta
29 De Silvestri - 13 Siviglia - 7 Rozenhal - 3 Kolarov
6 Dabo - 24 Ledesma - 68 Manfredini
23 Meghni
9 Bianchi - 18 Rocchi

On the bench
1 Muslera
25 Cribari
5 Mutarelli
26 Mudingayi
11 Mauri
19 Pandev
17 Tare

Coach: Rossi

Not available
Behrami, Del Nero, Diakite, Firmani, Zauri

diffidati
De Silvestri, Pandev, Mudingayi, Dabo, Siviglia

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will be positively baffling if we leave Mutarelli and Mudingayi on the bench in order to play Manfredini, even more so considering they didn't play much in the derby, so you can't say they are tired and should be rested. If Mudingayi gets a yellow - well, we have lots of DMs, it won't be the end of the world. Pandev should play at least one half, IMO, as even if Meghni starts he will probably tire quickly again and Pandev will not get a yellow unless he dives, shouldn't be that hard to refrain from doing that for 45 minutes. :)

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
Mutarelli played so little in the derby, it's impossible to know his match-form. I'd be very surprised if he's suddenly in a 90-minute shape after a long injury. Perhaps he can replace Manfredini early in the second half, but I'm sure Rossi would field him if he could...

For the trequartista spot I also want Pandev. In the first half of the derby it was hardly even trequartista tactic anymore, rather a real three man attack. Meghni or Mauri can replace him then later on if needed...but I have real trouble approaching tough games like this knowing that starters won't make it till the end. We already know that Dabo will tire out, although he is getting in better shape all the time...fielding Meghni would mean that we have committed to two subs at the start of the match. Leaves very little room for injuries or tactical subs...

FORZA LAZIO

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
Ballotta
De Silvestri
Siviglia
Rozenhal
Kolarov
Dabo
Ledesma
Mutarelli
Mauri
Pandev
Rocchi

Glad to see Mutarelli fit. Huge chances for Rozenhal and especially Mauri. Let your daddy do the talking, and you the playing...

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL, I really shouldn't talk before a game. First I bash Kolarov and he has a great game, now I wanted Mutarelli to start, he did and is sent for two absolutely stupid fouls. What's with our players and red cards? Only Inter rivals us in terms of silly sendings off...
Rossi should take off Mauri and introduce Mudingayi, IMO. But we will most likely lose anyway, the endless Fiorentina crosses will have to succeed at least once, I reckon.

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
Mutarelli can be such an idiot sometimes...first a clumsy and totally unnecessary foul, then another one with the very next tackle. There might have been a foul on Pandev before that, but that's no excuse. Plus it looked like Pandev dived, anyway...

But not over yet, Fiorentina couldn't really get the benefit of the man advantage. We might be able to snatch the draw here.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
True about Mutarelli and unfortunately for other of our players, too, maybe we should fine them more heavily for each red card, they never seem to learn.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Pandev did dive. Mutarelli got sent on the last game versus Fiorentina too, but I think that was in the last minutes.

Fiorentina were playing better before the sending off. They are going to come out attacking now. Hopefully a draw, but I do not see that happening. I say leave Pandev and Rocchigol on for the counters.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
We had our chances and obviously failed at them. Oh well. I really thought luck would be on our side until the goal. Had some luck with that Dabo tackle and De Silvestri clearance off the line. Still a nice week, since we won the derby though.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, the logical thing happened and Fiorentina scored the goal they needed to win but we missed some glorious chances in the second half, or should I say missed them since for some reason all fell to him. Not much positives from this match, we lost the ball in dangerous positions so many times that it was as if we wanted Fiorentina to win. Kolarov pushed forward well in the second half but if we had come out to play more open football we surely would have scored against this Fiorentina defence. Oh well, at least our loss hampers Milan's bid for the CL...

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
I did not watch the game, but it seems to me that this result kills definitively our hopes for a UEFA Cup place (if we had ever concrete hopes, I mean). Now we are exactly in the middle, 10 points behind UEFA Cup and 10 above relegation zone, which virtually means having no long term target for this season.
Delio Rossi said this was going to be a test of maturity for Lazio, but I think our players were still in a post-derby hang-over both physically and mentally. Let’s see now how the team play against Inter next match.
As for red cards, Lazio is definitely top of the table in that category:
9 red cards: Lazio
6 red cards: Napoli, Palermo, Sampdoria, Torino, Udinese

Happy Easter to evryone

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Aquila there is still Coppa Italia to use to qualify for Uefa Cup.
Aye, I know. I was just talking about Serie A. Theoretically there's even the possibility of grasping an Intertoto Cup place, but that would be more negative than positive for next season in my opinion.

FORZA LAZIO

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I can't say I care one bit about the UEFA Cup, even if we somehow qualify we will play half-heartedly or with reserves and crash out early on. Even if we don't, the prize money in it is just not worth the effort.

Now, playing a Coppa final at the Olimpico against rioma is quite more thrilling perspective.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I wouldn't mind as long it doesn't effect the league play. If we make it to the last 16 then we can try a bit. It could help us attract players also.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts