Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tough game.

It seems Papadopulo found our team. Since we lack talent, we cannot afford to bench players like Oddo, Liverani and Cesar, who are a little bit above the rest in terms of quality. Papadopulo realized that, and except for the games against the 3 big teams (Juvi, Inter, Milan) we can't play defensive. And even against them, we should never be scared.

We are still lacking left-backs (Zauri and Seric still injured, Oscar Lopez doesn't count since he's not a football player) so E. Filippini will be kept on the spot. We should be more alert about that side, since Emanuele's positioning was terrible against Rioma, they scored a goal from the gap he left there, and could've done more if Mancini wasn't in such a terrible day. Cesar also attacks a lot, sometimes in the derby it seemed we were playing 4-3-3, so we should be aware and try to make that side less vulnerable.

I'm surprised with Dabo being sacked. He was excellent against Rioma, making an excellent partnership with Liverani. With Siviglia coming back to the defense, GG returns to the midfield, and Dabo is out. Ok, GG is one of our best players, but Dabo deserved a sequence after the game he had.

Cesar and A. Fillipini are on the wings and upfront Di Canio is going to the bench probably because of fitness (he played the full 90 minutes running like a kid last Thursday). Pandev is in.

We have a good and balanced team now. Fiorentina is a tough team to beat, but if we play with half of the determination we had in the derby, we will do well.

FORZA LAZIO!

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
Should be a good match, two teams on a similar level. I hope Papadopula can continue the excellent start he made on thursday and inspire our players to an equal achievement.

Forza Lazio !!

·
Registered
8 Posts
yeah it will be good match. But we are not on a similar level with fiorentina. We play better than them.. We will win this match i think.

Grande LAZIO

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
If we show the spirit we showed in the derby we can well win this game. Pandev should start along with Rocchi and Liverani's long passes to them might turn out to be crucial. The left back is a problem - maybe Siviglia will play in that position because Filipini wasn't exactly great against Roma? Fiorentina is quite an unpredictable team so anything could happen.

FORZA LAZIO!

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
We rode our luck today, Fiorentina had more chances and our first goal was from obvious offside. Then in the second half a penalty was not given for them but well...what can we do? These things happen. Great substitution by Papadopulo, the fresh Pandev tore apart the Fiorentina defence and scored a goal, then made an assist. Liverani and Siviglia shined too. Cesar was playing a bit arrogantly, seemed too relaxed and wasted some good chances to make a fast attack or shoot from a good position. But who cares, we won and that's what matters.

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
Important victory and very good for our confidence both for our players as well as for Papadopulo. We didn't play as well as during the derby, but that was to be expected, still our players seem to have found their desire to play again, in that respect Papadopulo has already done a good job. If it continues like this, maybe the season isn't lost yet. :)

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I couldn't watch the game since it wasn't showed here, but I saw the highlights. We were helped in one goal, but Fiorentina's second goal was clearly offside too, with a black player I don't know the name appearing in front of Sereni and consequently taking part on the play. There was also a wrong offside calling against Lazio, when Cesar would be one on one with Lupatelli.

Good to see Di Canio scoring again. More 3 points....now we should be worried about Uefa Cup, not relegation. Excellent start, Papadopulo!!

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Anomander Rake said:
We rode our luck today, Fiorentina had more chances and our first goal was from obvious offside.
And a few minutes later Cesar was clearly offside and almost scored the 2-1. Several times I thought we were playing the gobbi... :embarass:

Still congrats to your side, a team with "defenders" like Viali and Savini doesn't deserve a point.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
I wouldn't say a cracker, like for example the goal against Juve but very nicely done with Liverani being the provider and Pandev the scorer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts