Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a word that sums up very well Lazio's match at Fiorentina: SUICIDE.
When you are leading 2-1 and your players squander a lot of easy chances and then your opponents equalize. When you miss a penalty kick in such an important game. When you manage to score from a last minute penalty kick and in the injury time you contrive to concede a fatal goal that could be negatively decisive for the scudetto. When your forwards have a record of one goal scored (Boksic) out of nothing less than ten chances. When all this happens it is PURE SHEER AUTHENTIC SUICIDE.

Ma come ca**o si fa a sprecare tutte queste occasioni da gol! Veramente vogliamo vincere lo scudetto con prestazioni come quella di oggi? E questa volta non c'è nemmeno la scusa dell'arbitro...

Sorry for the words in Italian, but when I'm angry my English gets broken... almost like Lazio's scudetto hope after today's match. And now I'm going to light a church candle for Inter's win tomorrow...

BUY A DECENT STRIKER! BUY A DECENT STRIKER!

[This message has been edited by aquila (edited 15-04-2000).]

S

·
0 Posts
If we would have scored on the first penalty there probably wouldn´t have been a second and Batigol would have equalised and scored a winner

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Lazio, of whom I admire although I am not a supporter, should look to obtain the servicves of professional forwards.

You need a Batistuta or a Crespo in order to challenge fro major honors. Great midfield with players such as Veron, Almeyda and Simeone, but the attacks just isn't sufficient...

S

·
0 Posts
Yeah look at Salas. He was substituted by MANCINI. But why? What about inzaghi and Ravenelli?
Anyhow, Salas isn't doing his job. 5 months is too long for a striker to be in a slump. You really do need a decent striker. Who at least scores once in while. Not once in a year.
I'm really disappointed in Salas.
Is he a striker or what?

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cecco, sono troppo incazzato. Come si fa a prendere gol nel recupero in una partita così importante? Gli attaccanti hanno sbagliato troppi gol. È vero che la Lazio ha giocato meglio della Fiorentina, ma se sbagli tutti quei gol, a che serve giocare meglio?

Amo, the penalty kick has been missed by Sinisha Mihajlovic.

V

·
0 Posts
whoops, this is really a dent to my saturday evening. why, why , why? nesta please get well soon.

marco

M

·
0 Posts
I haven't seen the game but my question is: How unlucky can i team be? Last week Juventus scored on overtime, today Batigol.
Why? Why? Why? You guys blame the forwards, I just don't know.
We diserve lo scudetto.

Great now this weekend is ruined.
Mrs Nesta

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
In football you don't deserve anything, you earn it!! My immediate thought was that Fiorentina had been awarded an overtime penalty and equalized. Just so that Juventus could win Lo Scudetto yet again. But I'm really happy that Lazio got that penalty instead. It shoould prove that the referees aren't that biased towards Juventus. At least not this year I might add... :) So now you Lazio fans can't blame the ref at least...

And as much as I dislike Juventus I want them to win. Because the raving going on here in the Lazio forum have been unpleasantly similar to the atmosphere in the ManUre forum. A Scudetto to Lazio would make some of you unbearable... :) As things look today it wouldn't surprise me if Lazio end up completely without silverware this season. Inter just need a 1-0 at home to win Coppa Italia and in Champion's League... ah well, no reason to rub salt in your wounds... :)

The reason why Lazio won't win anything is because of your pathetic forwards. Boksic, Mancini and Ravanelli all being past it, Simone Inzaghi being hugely overrated and Salas completely out of form.

------------------
Hear the triumphal march of Parma!

B

·
0 Posts
At least Lazio were dominant through the whole game but I guess that dooesn't matter now.

But really, if we have 14 corners and Viola have 0 and with all the chances Nedved and Miha created it shouldn't have ended 3-3, do we have any strikers in the team?

Can't help dreaming of what would have happened if Vieri was still with us...

·
Registered
677 Posts
What is Aquila saying when he wrote Italian? Is it the same thing as the English? Anyhow I really wanted Lazio to win today because I cannot bear Juventus winning the Schudetto. Seeing Anccelotti winning the Schudetto makes me sick. I really hope Inter beats the @#$% out of Juventus tomorrow and salvage some room for themselves and give Lazio one last chance to catch Juventus. Today's game was one of the most entertaining round in Serie A this year with all those goals and action up both fronts. Batigol always scores and its impossible to stop him but Lazio maybe just needed more luck for its stikers today. I think the question is whether Inzaghi and Salas is enough to win a Schudetto...

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
I didn't see the game, so Miha missed the penalty and Batigol scored in last minute ..

But I saw the result, Lazio also scored in the last 2th minute, it means both of them played very well (except salas), am I wrong ?

Like last week, it means we really nedd new attacker and sell salas, he is worth NOTHING !!

Maybe on the 89th minute, they thought that they already won the game, but they haven't.

This is neither Eriksson's fault nor because Nesta's absence.
Because we underestimated them in the last minute and I hope Lippi is able to beat ancelotti tomorrow (that is about the tactic).

FORZA LAZIO !!!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Actually EL MATADOR was excellent today,So he missed a couple of chances,but look at Nedved's goal,a nice little fake and Nedved is free to score!!!
Apart from that, at least he works his ass off,and in my opinion deserves to be on the pitch all the time!!!!

SEMPRE E SOLO FORZA LAZIO

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Guys,the things are incredibly simple.If Lazio had a Batigol today they would win...This team has everything BUT a gunner,a high-class scorer...you would take everything if you had a Batistuta,a Crespo or a Shevchenko.Crag should take care of that since Lopez isnt that type of player...

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

·
Normal Human
433 Posts
I saw the game twice. Lazio played much better than Fiorentina. but it is as you guyz said. Fiorentina has a guy who know what to do when it's time to do it.
salas played well if you can call him a midfielder.
"collects the ball from outside the penalty area....his turn eludes 2 defenders....he heads into the box.....shoots overbar" i guess a chance like that would have been finished by someone else?...probably.
fiorentinas passes were poor. Mijatovic really made Lazio pay for pushing up field when he ran onto a flick headed into the box...cut back on Couto and lofted a ball over the defence for the unmarked Chiesa to slot home

M

·
0 Posts
sorry about missing that panalty, i didn't mean to... :(

i think we have a world class striker but he's just not in his best form. for my opinion, we don't have to spend whole lots of money for a new striker if we are going to keep him for 1-2 years. if we buy lopez, why don't we consider bringing signori back home?? age is not a matter since we are not considering a long investment. signori is not world class, but he can score whole lot of goals, and miss few chances. plus, he's a better panalty taker than i do. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts