Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FIORENTINA IN TURMOIL
by Patrick Goss

SERIE A side Fiorentina are in turmoil with the imminent departure of manager Giovanni Trapattoni disrupting much of the transfer speculation floating around the Artemio Franchini stadium.
Allegations that Trapattoni has found his position untenable because of threats from a band of supporters have only fuelled the fire of wild rumour that has swept over the Florentine club.

The mooted transfer of both Gabriel Batistuta to Internazionale and the interest in both international goalkeeper Francesco Toldo and Manuel Rui Costa have all been affected by news that Zdenek Zeman may be the coach at the stadium next year.

It still seems highly unlikely that 'Batigol' will remain at the club in which he is deified - with chairman Cecchi Gori loathe to turn down a massive cash fee reported to be around £18.5 million for a 31-year-old who will only depreciate in value.

Meanwhile, Portuguese international Rui Costa is reportedly less than pleased that the problems with the management are stopping him from discussing his future with the Viola - and Lazio are keenly watching the situation.

Unlike Batistuta, Rui Costa has never announced that he would like to depart Florence - but the talented midfielder has demanded that The Viola continue to progress if they want to keep his services.

So now Lazio wants Rui Costa too? What in earth for? Isn't Veron, Rivaldo and Stankovic enough? I seriously dislike Cragnotti.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Stupid,Lazio wont get Rui Costa.Rui Cost WANTS to come at Parma,but Cecchi Gorri wont let him.

------------------
Any given Sunday,you either win or loose.That's FOOTBALL...

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Verdi get over it !! You are paranoid can´t you put together two and two.

What the hell would Lazio do with Rui Costa ?? he´d be a bench player and you know that he wouldn´t accept such a position and further Lazio is buying back Baronio and he´s going to be used as a Veron sub not Costa.

And as you yourself pointed out we also have both Simeone and Stankovic both offensiv midfielders.

I seriously want you to repeat this mantra: Lazio is not the evil empire I have confused them with Milan - Lazio is not going to buy all Parma players I have confused them with Rubentus - Cragnotti is a good guy who only wants to have a great relationship with Tanzi.

Listen Cragnotti only speaks very fondly of Tanzi and he wouldn´t pursue a player that was on his way to Parma - he just doesn´t want to spoil his great relationship with Tanzi get that through your thick skull.

Amo tell Verdi will you !! :)

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sure, Cragnotti only wants the best for his great "friend" Tanzi... Do you believe that yourself? Cragnotti wants the best FROM Tanzi. Buffon and Crespo... I'm sure he would bid for Thuram too if he thought that Lazio's so called fans could accept a black player. But since the fan base of Lazio is what it is on the political scale that's impossible. Fortunately for us... :)

About the Rui Costa thing. I think it's rather clear that Lazio is NOT interested in him. But it could still happen. To be perfectly honest I prefer Rui to Veron to play behind the forwards since Veron is too slow for that. Veron is at his best in a regular play making role further back in midfield. But since Malesani rather want to defensive midfielders behind the front three I think Rui Costa suits our needs better than Veron and I also think that's the very reason we sold Veron. Malesani obviously believed that Ortega would fit into his scheme of play better than Veron.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Its true Veron is more of a player in the midfield zone not in front of the midfield.
Rui Costa and Ortega are like ZZ players who can't play in the midfield line only in front it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts