Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I am visiting Florence in the next few months for the first time to see Fiorentina play at the Artemio Franchi.

Please could you tell me:

1) Which hotels are best to stay in the area for a few days (near the Santa Maria Novella station would be best).

2) Do I need to book match tickets in advance for matches against say Reggina, or can I pay on the gate. Can you buy tickets online and pick them up on the day of the game (if you can buy online, are there any instructions in English?)

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Forza Viola

·
Registered
490 Posts
:nasty:
Can I come?Please!!!:smileani:
About ticets!You can buy only few days before the game at the stadium!
I whish you good time there!!!:thumbsup::happy:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, flight to Pisa, Terravision bus to Santa Maria Novella then hotel.
Line 17 bus to the stadium for the match.
Just looking for the best hotel to stay in for a long weekend.

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
As for tickets, it depends which match you will be attending, if it's one of rather dangerous ones (vs Lazio, and other enemy clubs), you may have problems to buy it in the day of match - in the very day of match, only residents of Firenze region are allowed to buy the tickets.

If you are going by train, maybe you would do better to go at station Firenze Campo di Marte, it's very very close to the stadium.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all, I also will be visiting Florence next month and I'm planning to watch Fiorentina vs. Inter on 29 Oct 2008.

Can the ticket be purchased online? because I may not have few days to purchase the ticket at the stadium beforehand.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Hi all, I also will be visiting Florence next month and I'm planning to watch Fiorentina vs. Inter on 29 Oct 2008.

Can the ticket be purchased online? because I may not have few days to purchase the ticket at the stadium beforehand.

Thanks
when it will be my turn to ask this question :moan:!!

good luck fhfio :thumbsup:

·
Registered
395 Posts
viola_girl, you just started a job! that's a good first step. now you can start planning and saving for your dream ;)

oh, fhfio is my friend, can anyone please help him? thanks :)

·
Registered
925 Posts
the best option is to go some days in advance to the stadium. Maybe for the inter match if you can more than a week in advance. For normal matches going there on tuesday will do. At the bar (Bar Stadio, Tel. 055576169) in front of the stadium you can buy tickets.
If you speak italian you can phone them in advance and explain your situation.

As Pavel said, Campo di marte is 100 yards away from Artemio Franchi.
For the match against inter i certainly wouldnt risk going there on sunday, it will be sold out by then i guess.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
viola_girl, you just started a job! that's a good first step. now you can start planning and saving for your dream ;)
Thanks aripfio, I just printed ur post and put it in my desk so that I keep remainding myself to my dream :smileani:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Arsenal-Kuwait, the http://www.topticketshop.com/ doesn't have the match i'm looking for but http://www.getmein.com/tickets/fiorentina-v-inter-milan-tickets/florence-88994.html has.

I want to ask about the ticket price. Here is the getmein.com price:

Cat 2 - Shortside
Row: - £ 43.66
(€ 55.00) of 6 BUY

short side
Row: - £ 51.70 of 6 BUY

long side
Row: - £ 72.60 of 6 BUY

Cat 1 - Longside
Row: - £ 87.32
(€ 110.00) of 6 BUY

I don't know whether the price is standard or expensive or cheap?
And which side is better? (short or long)? anyone has experience on this one?

Thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts