Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
6,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fiorentina, the club who sold their best player ever Gabriel Batistuta is on their way to Serie B.
The summer is almost over and the only transfer is the not-so-well-known Amaral, a brazilian midfielder who used to play for Vasco da Gama.
The finacial stauts for the club is very unsure and the president Vittorio Checci Gori has no intensions in bringing in some big players to the team.
The new coach Fatih Terim will probably make his first, and last season in Fiorentina as the team probably going to face their thoughest test ever with a very weak starting lineup;

Toldo

Adani
Firicano
Pierini
Padalino

Bressan
Amaral
Rui Costa
Morfeo

Chiesa
Mijatovic

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
i agree...its all over for them. they sold the heart of the team. now there is bunch of guys that cant score...haha batistuta has more than half of their goals last season. thats just last season, i didnt even mention their years before. remember a couple of years ago, when batistuta got injured when viola was first, then they dropped to 12th or something like that....when he came back, they ended up 3rd. i just think terim has made a bad decision of coaching fiorentina right now because he has to do an UNBELIEVABLE JOB, to avoid any criticism. he has huge shoes to fill. i dont think he will have the fair chance he deserves in italy. i believe with alot of pressure from the fans, checci gore will have to replace him after one season.

i just cant see them being top 6 or 7 teams.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Seria B? no,no,no...I'm sure there are many treams with worst line up than that.Besides,Seria A wont start till Octomber so they have plenty of time.However I agree that their trasnfer campighn has been fr from impressive.Amarl was crap at Parma (the biggest flop in our history) and I dont think he'll do any better at Viola.

Not relegation,but a really nsty year for Viola fans I'm afrid unless something changes dramatically.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Yepp if not a few rienforcements come in( a defender, midfielder and a striker) it will be a tough season for them, ALtough Rui COsta and Toldo are still world class:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts