Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As always we're big favourites (home win priced around 1.45) when facing an average/weak opponent at home, but I'm very nervous for this game. Ascoli are in great form and last week they blessed us by beating Roma at home. Not only wins and draws against strong opponents, Ascoli have actually only lost by a one-goal difference away to the four top teams Juventus (2-1), Milan (1-0), Inter (1-0) and Roma (2-1) and in my opinion that's impressive for a small club like Ascoli. The positive thing is that our opponents for this game are pretty much in nomansland and maybe well satisfied (and less motivated) after recent good results. Andrea Parola's absence (suspended) is also a blow for the visitors. But I Ascoli cannot by any means be underestimated by Viola. They're playing like a top Serie A side at the moment and we must treat them as one!

Unfortunately Toni is out injured and I'm surprised not to see Pazzini in the (preliminary) starting eleven. Hopefully our beloved Bulgarian striker will bless us again.

Donadel, Ujfalusi, Dainelli and Di Loreto will miss next match if they get a yellow card against Ascoli.

Please, please Prandelli and players in Viola; forget about the upcoming games against Milan, Roma and Juve and focus 100% on grabbing 3 points in this game! Points stolen from Roma and other top teams don't mean shit if we can't handle Ascoli!

Forza Viola!

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
we can't underestemate them,they can score,but they also can hold the 0 for quite a long time,we should score pretty early i'd say:D

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Roma have slipped up and they know about it. Our 'advantage' of them being in UEFA is gone. We have to maintain the 4 point buffer until we face them.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
3-1,i was right,again:D,Toni what a great substitutions:D

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
NickyTheHeel said:
Great, great, great. I was really worried at half-time. Prandelli made those subs, though, and it worked. Anybody watching it?
it isnt live on dutch tv :depress:

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
tahoma said:
This is unbelievable!!! It's the 5th time we turned 0-1 to victory this season!

Felt so bad at halftime, but now I can't stop smiling! Greatness!
Same here, I was really worried after Ascoli scored the goal. I though they would pull a 'Roma' on us, but once again Prandelli made the right decisions. And indeed, Pazzini seems to be most dangerous as a sub.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Toni is more dangerous as a sub,1 sub 1 goal lol

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
We were still lucky. That Brocchi shot took a deflection, Ascoli could have gone 0-2 up if Budan hadn't missed, our subs pretty much did the work and our last goal came from a corner.

Only in the dying stages did we seem to be running ragged. I want us to do it inside crucial period of the matches. I want us to be able to win games without stressing all the time...

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Andor said:
nothing is live on dutch tv :depress:
it is when u have canaaldigitaal with 800 network channels :finger:

but its usually roma,juventus,milan or inter that get advantage above Firenze :doh:

·
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
42,192 Posts
LucaToni said:
it is when u have canaaldigitaal with 800 network channels :finger:

but its usually roma,juventus,milan or inter that get advantage above Firenze :doh:
Versatel sucks :finger: they even bought the rights of CL football so maybe no more CL-football on the NOS :depress:

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Great job to win this one! According to rates it seem that Fiore played again well, can someone confirm pls?

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Firenze said:
We were still lucky. That Brocchi shot took a deflection, Ascoli could have gone 0-2 up if Budan hadn't missed, our subs pretty much did the work and our last goal came from a corner.

Only in the dying stages did we seem to be running ragged. I want us to do it inside crucial period of the matches. I want us to be able to win games without stressing all the time...
all too true. I hope the team treats this as a 2-0 loss, the way the game would have gone if we didnt get lucky.

we can fire up against Milan as long as we are under no illusions as to our strength and what we've accomplished. the 3-1 victory over Ascoli is worth nothing if Milan exploit the chances that Ascoli miss.

FIRE UP BOYS!!! :strong:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts