Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Depending on the conditions of some of our players serving on national teams, Prandelli is considering the same scheme we used against Parma. Jimenez, Montolivo and Bojinov would all start. Donadel will be out, though, so Brocchi will occupy his spot. I would be delighted (and surprised) to see Fiore on the bench again but that is what this article predicts...

http://www.fiorentina.it/notizia.asp?IDNotizia=38613&IDCategoria=1

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
im not too sure we want to see him stay on the bench for too long, i'd rather have him lighting it up

Siena is a game in which we can shake Roma up a bit...The pressure is on them now to keep up their record winning ways, we've got to earn the points in the next couple of weeks when they face harder fixtures. Hopefully by the time we play them in 4 or so rounds we'll have a gap on them, thus decreasing their morale.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
this is a must win for us thats for sure,i hope Montolivo isnt playing,he was weak against Parma,why not try Do Prado or De Falco?

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Viola suffer Donadel blow Thursday 2 March, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Champions League chasing Fiorentina may be without Marco Donadel for Sunday’s Tuscan derby against Siena.

The central midfielder picked up a knock during Italy’s 1-0 win over Portugal in Tuesday’s Under-21 test and is a doubt.

The Milan youth team product injured his shoulder and is unlikely to be available to boss Cesare Prandelli.

The Viola are desperate for the points to keep the pressure on fourth-placed Roma who entertain Inter this weekend.

channel4

·
Registered
904 Posts
LucaToni said:
this is a must win for us thats for sure,i hope Montolivo isnt playing,he was weak against Parma,why not try Do Prado or De Falco?
Even though he wasn't all that great in the Parma match, he's played well in most of the other matches when he's been in. I don't think the Parma match is indicative of what he's capable of.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Jorgensen: Look out for Locatelli Saturday 4 March, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Martin Jorgensen warns Fiorentina that they must watch out for his former Udinese teammate Tomas Locatelli in the Tuscan derby with Siena.

“Luigi De Canio’s side does tend to concede a lot of goals because of their open style of football, but we must keep an eye out for Locatelli, as he can cause problems for us,” said the Danish midfielder.

The Viola have already been defeated in a local derby a fortnight ago with a costly 2-0 loss at Livorno and are eager to avoid another embarrassing setback.

“This will be a highly-anticipated game and one the fans really want us to win, but we are preparing for it like any other match,” he assured.

Jorgensen has had some shameful moments of his own, as he was famously the subject of a blind auction in which both Fiorentina and Udinese bid 0 Euros to buy him outright.

The Stadio Artemio Franchi side got themselves a bargain, as this season he has stepped up a gear and been instrumental in their battle for a Champions League spot.

“Of course it’s nice to receive compliments. I am playing a good season, but above all it is a consistent one. We are on a par with Roma for that fourth place finish and we have to focus on our own path rather than theirs. If they maintain this pace, then we can only hold up our hands and show them the respect they deserve.”

Meanwhile, Siena midfielder Jonathan Bachini has had his suspension confirmed by the Disciplinary Commission. He failed a drugs test for cocaine after the Lazio game on December 4. Bachini, who had only just finished a sanction for the same substance, risks a lifetime ban.

channel4

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
For starters, is Bachini a retard? he went on drugs AGAIN? anyone know specifics, ie. if its a medication thats perhaps setting off the drug scan?

As for Jorgensen, that was shameful on our part. He didnt have a stellar first campaign with us, but i think his experience would have warranted a meagre bid.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
i'd say we gonna crush these guys with 2 numbers!!! 15-0 would be good for us:D,but 5-0 is decent aswell ;)

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
I think Do Prado is suffering heavy injury and won't play this season.

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
None of should be thinking about Roma, we know we want 4th but we are competing against the Milan teams for it as well. Furthermore, Roma play Inter tonight. We have to keep winning games and ignore whoever is above us because that can change as quickly as tonight.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Donadel seems to have recovered in time, so I guess we are going to see the proven Brocchi-Donadel axis against Siena.

Fiore might also start over Jimenez, I expect the Chilean to be subbed in in the 2nd half though.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
The line-up according to fiorentina.it

FIORENTINA (4-4-2)
Lobont, Ujfalusi, Dainelli, Kroldrup, Pasqual, Brocchi, Donadel, Pazienza, Fiore, Toni, Bojinov. A disp.: Berti, Di Loreto, Pancaro, Jorgensen, Jimenez, Montolivo, Pazzini. All.: Prandelli.

Jorgensen on the bench.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
And it was Fiore who made good assist :)

If anyone has PPLive you can see match on CCTV5 ;)

1 - 20 of 63 Posts