1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Serie A Week 18 - 11/1/09 (14.00 UK)
Fiorentina - Lecce
Stadio Artemio Franchi

Fiorentina are looking to continue adding to their winning streak after triumphing in their last three Serie A matches and will be hot favourites against Lecce. However, Mario Beretta’s side won’t travel to Tuscany to play the ‘victim’ role and should never be underestimated.

Viola boss Cesare Prandelli will be without Martin Jorgensen and skipper Dario Dainelli through injury. However, their greatest loss will be Riccardo Montolivo. The match-winner against Sampdoria in Week 17 is suspended.

Marco Donadel will replace him in midfield, while Per Kroldrup will appear at the back. Promising young striker Giampaolo Pazzini, who is wanted by numerous clubs on the January transfer market, will start from the bench.

Beretta will need to find a solution to his defensive issues as Guglielmo Stendardo is suspended and Souleymane Diamoutene is injured. The Brazilian duo Fabiano and Angelo are likely to be recalled.

Up front, Jose Castillo is favoured over Daniele Cacia to partner Simone Tiribocchi, while Beretta may play Greek striker Papadopoulos if his transfer is completed in time. If available, he will debut as a substitute in the second half.

Keep an eye on: Simone Tiribocchi (Lecce) – He was expected to be the man to help maintain Lecce’s top-flight status at the start of the season, but he’s disappointed. He’ll be very keen to start 2009 on the right foot.

Last season: Not played

Form guide: Fiorentina (W L W W W) Lecce (L D L L D)
Fiorentina (probable): Frey; Comotto, Kroldrup, Gamberini, Vargas; Donadel, Felipe Melo, Kuzmanovic; Santana, Gilardino, Mutu

Lecce (probable): Benussi; Angelo, Schiavi, Fabiano, Esposito; Giacomazzi, Zanchetta, Ariatti, Caserta; Tiribocchi, Castillo

Ref: To follow…

channel4

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Ariatti? as in former captain Arriati?

A match where we can't drop points if we're to fight off Napoli. I'd love to face them at home with a 5 point buffer.

I'd also like to see Pazzo given a decent go.

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Yeah, it's him, our Luca! :happy:

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Go on Melo!

Fast becoming one of my fav players. Wonderful midfielder.

:proud:

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
This new offside trap is looking pretty ****ing dodgy though............:thmbdown:

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
This is a ****ing joke. If you are gonna play offside then everyone needs to move together:rollani:

1-2. Both goals absolute gifts.

Lecce could have 20 if they keep playing through balls. It´ll be a one-on-one every damn time

·
Registered
431 Posts
so mutus gone for a month, i cant deal with osvaldo the joker on the pitch, he laughs like everythings a mess around all the time including his shambolic performance today!

can we not have our giampaolo back playing boohoo

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
F****g great :frustrat:. We had to make only 2 mistakes to concede 2 goals :(
Not sure what will we do in Milan next week. We have Montolivo back but both Mutu and Osvaldo are out therefore Pazzigol has a chance to prove himself but after seeing couple of his games this season, I'm not very optimistic. If our "great" defence doesn't know how to make offside trap what we are doing against good midfield and quick forward like Pato:confused:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts