Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, we face the resurgent Lazio squad who's team nowadays look totally unrecognisable to the days before the bankruptcy. Still, that hasn't stopped them fom remaining undefeated at the Olimpico and putting themselves in contention for a UEFA Cup place. Luckily however, we are the ones playing at home today and their away record is quite shit if you look at it. In fact, it's worse than ours. They have won only two away from home with five draws, but the bulk of their away matches have ended in six defeats. We must use our home advantage against their away disadvantage to beat this tough, resiliant, hard-working side.

I know we lost to Livorno, but I think (and am hoping) that was a temporary lapse and we will have our concentration back after being beaten by a team who just sacked their coach for...er...no reason really. We have to escape the threat of Roma who refuse to lose any matches since the return of Mancini, the devestating form of Perrota, the support of Taddei and the lethal touches of Totti. Eventually, they will catch up to us and that's why we must keep winning and hoping of Milan's downfall (against Cagliari). That match I will watch. Here are the teams I think will play today:

B.Lobont

T.Ujfalusi
M.Di Loreto
P.Kroldrup
M.Pasqual

S.Fiore
C.Brocchi
M.Donadel
M.Jorgensen

V.Bojinov
L.Toni

We will play:

A.Peruzzi

M.Oddo
S.Sviglia
G.Stendardo
M.Belleri

C.Manfredini
M.Mudingayi
F.Liverani
M.Bonnani

P.Di Canio
T.Rocchi

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
apparantly they are doing quite well for themselves financially:

1(2) Real Madrid £186.2m
2(1) Man Utd £166.4m
3(3) Milan £158m
4(5) Juventus £154.9m
5(4) Chelsea £149.1m
6(7) Barcelona £140.4m
7(9) Bayern Munich £128m
8(10) Liverpool £122.4m
9(8) Inter £119.7m
10(6) Arsenal £115.7m
11(12) Roma £89m
12(11) Newcastle £87.1m
13(14) Spurs £70.6m
14(17) Schalke £65.8m
15(-) Lyon £62.7m
16(13) Celtic £62.6m
17(16) Man City £60.9m
18(-) Everton £60m
19(-) Valencia £57.2m
20(15) Lazio £56.1m

are they saving their cash for a splurge later?
DiCanio's comments, hopefully, either reflect the teams mentality or have caused problems. Nevertheless they'll come out firing to show off Roma, we've just got to go out there harder. A fired up Lazio is what we need for next week, not this week. So i think a resounding victory to us is in the best interests for all parties...except Roma :)

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
wd lazio..i always wished they'd comeback with roma i love a good top 10 u know:)

·
Registered
297 Posts
I really hope Lazio will give this game away because of their important derby next week and also to prevent Roma from passing Viola in the table. Many Lazio supporters want them to rest keyplayers on Sunday and give Viola 3 points. In order to reach a play-off spot Lazio would definitely need 3 points, but it's not the easiest thing to do at Artemio Franchi. A draw seems to be the worst scenario for the visitors, so there is a possibily that they won't give 100% in this game.

"If it's necessary we can lose 0-7 in Florence, I just want to tin the derby" - Paolo Di Canio

I hope they let Toni score a couple of goals! :hopefull:

Would be nice to see Bojinov find the net as well.

Forza Viola!

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
tahoma said:
"If it's necessary we can lose 0-7 in Florence, I just want to tin the derby" - Paolo Di Canio
I never liked Lazio too much but...
Fiorentina - Lazio 1-0 and then Lazio - Roma 1-0 would be more than welcomed :D

Prandelli today said Pazini will start, i think it's good idea.

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
Plenty of mistakes upfront, Fiore missed a great chance when instead of taking a shot, he tried to lob it over to Pazzini I think. Later, there was this instance when Toni could have passed the ball to Brocchi who was at a better position but instead passed it to Peruzzi.

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Fiore looks for Toni but Peruzzi cuts out the cross. Lazio come away with Liverani. Behrami to Rocchi. Once again it goes to Pandev who is fouled by Di Loreto.

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Interestingly Rocchi has been cautioned for either kicking the ball away or moving it away from the free kick that had been awarded to Toni.

Half Time.

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Fiorentina:

Lobont,

Ujfalusi,
Di Loreto,
Krlodrup,
Pasqual,

Fiore,
Brocchi,
Donadel,
Jorgensen,

Pazzini,
Toni.

A disp: Berti, Pancaro, Brivio, Pazienza, Montolivo, Jimenez, Bojinov. All: Prandelli

Lazio:

Peruzzi,

Oddo,
Siviglia,
Stendardo,
Belleri,

Behrami,
Dabo,
Liverani,
Manfredini,

Pandev
Rocchi.

A disp: Ballotta, Bonanni, Mauri, Mudingayi, Keller, Tare, Di Canio. All: Rossi

I believe Di Canio has been brought on for Pandev...

1 - 20 of 70 Posts