Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three more steps to go... This time we face Samp, who just yesterday have lost the Coppa Italia final. Will they play without any will on sunday? Or the contrary, will they have an extra motivation to forgot the lose?

Mutu is out for the rest of season, this leaves us with Jovetic - Gila upfront. Semili should be comming back from injury, but according to various sources he can hardly play full 90 minutes. We'll miss Comotto because of cards, uncle Zauri will start instead.

And a special guest, Pazzini. He will have loads of motivation, hopefully he won't be able to convert it into great performance!

FORZA VIOLA!!!

·
Registered
431 Posts
honestly i cannot see how a team like samp can raise their spirits after such a terrible draining way to lose a cup final and a place in europe - realistically it should be season over for them

i just hope we fly forward and attack them so much in the first 20minutes because they will not be sharp from the start - we cannot let it drag on goalless or we could be in for a annoying afternoon!

·
Registered
395 Posts
does Samp still have anything to chase?
in Serie A, position 1-3 automatic CL, 4 goes to CL qualifier, 5-7 UEFA Cup, 17-20 relegation, anything more? Intertoto?

Samp is at 12th place with 44 points, 8 pts difference with Palermo 52 pts at 7th place.
No danger of relegation, 13 pts above Torino at 17th place.

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, on the paper Sampdoria indeed may nothing to play for. But our players have to stay concentrated!

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Kadainja raises a good point - we need to hit them hard in the first 20 minutes and compound their woes.

Genoa has Chievo - let's hope their performance v Inter pumps them up a little.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Hopefully they are even more demoralised after the Coppa exit on penalties too :D

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I agree. Main players have 120 minutes of Coppa play in legs and they should't worry about beating Fiorentina as it doesn't give them anything.
I hope they don't want to help city rivals also :D

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Formation will be 4-4-1-1 as usual lately, with Semioli on the right wing and Zauri replacing Comotto.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts