Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the first meeting, Balotta gave us the victory. This time Lazio is high on morale after their victory in the Derby Della Capitale while we returned from San Paolo with a loss.

Preview from Channel4:

Serie A Week 30

Fiorentina - Lazio
Stadio Franchi

Lazio are flying high after their sensational derby victory, but face a Fiorentina side eager to consolidate fourth place.

This time last season this fixture was a head-to-head battle for a place in the Champions League, but although the Biancocelesti have fallen by the wayside they are back with a bang.

Delio Rossi’s new trident attack is working wonders and all three – Tommaso Rocchi, Goran Pandev and penalty-winner Rolando Bianchi – contributed to their 3-2 win over rivals Roma.

That result tasted particularly sweet as the Giallorossi had the chance to close the gap on leaders Inter to four points, but instead were left seven behind. Undefeated since the February 24 trip to Cagliari, President Claudio Lotito praised Lazio for “rediscovering the humility and spirit they had last season.”

The usual injury crisis applies with Luciano Zauri, Simone Del Nero, Fabio Firmani and Mobido Diakhitè sidelined, but Stefan Radu is expected to return from a thigh problem to replace Aleksandr Kolarov at left-back. Valon Behrami keeps his place on the right wing after the stoppage-time winning goal on Wednesday and Ousmane Dabo is expected to start instead of Gaby Mudingayi.

Fiorentina became the latest giants to feel the San Paolo effect in a 2-0 loss away to Napoli midweek, but were fortunate in that Milan also lost, so their four-point lead for a Champions League spot remains intact. They’ll be hoping to make the most of home advantage, especially as they have won five of their last six at the Stadio Franchi.

Having Adrian Mutu back after a month out with a sprained knee has been a real boost, especially as the other forwards are struggling to find form. Ndiaye Papa Waigo should get a starting spot in the trident attack along with Mutu and either Giampaolo Pazzini or Daniel Pablo Osvaldo. Martin Jorgensen, Alessandro Gamberini, Franco Semioli, Alberto Santana and Christian Vieri are still nursing injuries, so Zdravko Kuzmanovic has a good chance of playing in midfield.

It’s set to be a cracker for the neutral viewer, as there hasn’t been a draw in this fixture since April 2000 and that was a spectacular 3-3 decided by Gabriel Batistuta in stoppages. Lazio have an excellent record in Florence of late, having won four trips on the trot before last season’s 1-0 Viola victory.

Keep an eye on: Goran Pandev (Lazio) – Like Adrian Mutu, a former Inter benchwarmer who went on to greater things. He was pulling the strings in the derby, scoring a goal and providing an assist.
A must win game, considering our rivals' matches. Juve will go to San Siro to battle Inter and Milan away against Torino. I consider Inter will win or at worst draw against Juve, and Milan might be able to take a win against Toro, but their recent losses might say otherwise.

Lazio also gave us quite a lot of problems so this is a tough fixture, even more without Gamberini.

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
And most probably also Dainelli will be out. Starting Da Costa or Mazuch is unlikely, so most probably Ufo will, to Firenze's happines :smileani:, move to centre with Potenza on the side.

According to what I read yesterday, it seems it will be time of relax for Donadel, let's see. But despite him not being perfect all the time, I don't like the idea of midfield without him.

And the very last, Semioli won't make it, while Pazzini should be ok.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Just hope Lazio will be relaxed and euphoristic after the derby victory, so we could win this one. I'm really worried about our defence, w/o Gamberini it's not that strong as it used to be.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Goran Pandev maybe not start in first 11..that is very good for us. Pandev is best player of Lazio. I think Vieri will to exact penalty :)

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Congrats. Good to see Liverani still going strong and we have mostly just ourselves to blame. I hope you beat Milan for the fourth so our loss would have a silver lining. :D

·
Registered
197 Posts
Congrats with the win, Avramov was surprisingly solid today, so Frey should beware :) Glad to see Pazzini scoring decisive goals !

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Congrats. Good to see Liverani still going strong and we have mostly just ourselves to blame. I hope you beat Milan for the fourth so our loss would have a silver lining. :D
Thanks! :) A belated congratulation on the derby win btw.

I didn't see the game, couldn't leave the Easter dinner, and soon it's time for dessert. I have recorded it though and will watch it tonight, but judging by the ratings on fio.it Gobbi had another good game as well as Montolivo and Avramov, while Santana still is struggling with his form and Bobo is completely out. Apparently both Mutu and Liverani picked up yellow cards and will miss the game against Udine... bummer

I hope Paolino got the chance to see the game live...

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Santana had some nice dribbles but his crosses were al lhorribly off target. I think your best players were Liverani, Montolivo (mostly in the first half), Pazzini and Potenza (second half). Too much reliance on crosses almost cost you two points, though.

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
I hope Paolino got the chance to see the game live...
Hehe, yup I did. There was some mess, as on the match day they decided to sell tickets only to people resident in Toscana region, luckely we found a way to make me enter :D

Good match, I start to like Pazzini once again, when he decide 5 more matches, I will start to consider him a worthy striker again. :thmbup:

I'm not too sure with all praises at Gobbi, he did very well while going forward, however imo he isn't too good in defending, he can win balls, but he has problems with positioning - but I guess it's because of very little experience playing as side defender. Still, I prefer Pasqual to him.

One I must mention above all is Kroldrup, since Gamberini is out with injury, he keeps the flag up in our defense!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts