Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is this a match we must win? or is it to early in the season to weigh a match so heavilly?

i think we really need the win. We are at home playing a fairly weak side it seems, and must play at the san siro in the next fixture. so, we need to pick up points this week, as we have tied (ir lost) god knows how many matches in a row. could be a turning point for the viola.

are there any injurues for bologna in the match? or players we need to watch out for?

·
6,645 Posts
We SHOULD win this game, but we don't HAVE to. I expect it but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a draw.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
aleviola said:
are there any injurues for bologna in the match? or players we need to watch out for?
We need to watch out for playmaker Meghni and striker Cipriani. And for Pagliuca, their superb goalie.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Serie A Week 14 - 5/12/04 (15.00)
Fiorentina - Bologna

Stadio Franchi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sergio Buso comes face to face with his former club as Fiorentina try to get their first win since October 31, but Bologna are developing a tough shell.

Buso’s Coaching career with the Rossoblu was short-lived, but he has impressed since taking over the Viola. Their form has suffered a little over the past month with three points from their last four games, while last week’s goalscorer Luca Ariatti is out with a muscular problem. Luigi Piangerelli also leaves the midfield with a ban, but Fabrizio Miccoli should return after a slight injury to partner Christian Riganò. This gives Christian Maggio a chance to start in the centre along with Giorgio Chiellini.

Bologna kept their first clean sheet of the season in last week’s 0-0 draw with Lecce but haven’t won a game since the 2-1 victory over Atalanta in Week 6. Giacomo Cipriani sits out the second of his two-match ban, but the injury crisis continues with Igli Tare, Carlo Nervo, Federico Giunti and Ciro Capuano all struggling with fitness problems. Young talent Mourad Meghni is again set to start in support of Claudio Bellucci.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fiorentina (probable): Lupatelli; Ujfalusi, Viali, Dainelli; Jorgensen, Obodo, Maresca, Chiellini, Maggio; Nakata; Miccoli, Riganò

Bologna (probable): Pagliuca; Nastase, Petruzzi, Gamberini, Sussi; Zagorakis, Colucci, Amoroso; Meghni, Locatelli; Bellucci

Ref: To follow...

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Maresca fears Mazzone influence Saturday 4 December, 2004

When Fiorentina welcome his old club, Enzo Maresca fears the decisive element of Bologna’s squad will be Coach Carlo Mazzone.

“I stayed at the Stadio Dall’Ara for a year and have very happy memories of that side,” said the midfielder.

“Bologna’s real strength lies in Mazzone. He is a Coach and a man that I admire and really like. He’s not afraid to tell you what he thinks and makes sure his teams always play with character. This won’t be an easy Sunday for us.”

The Viola have stuttered over the last few weeks with just three points from their last four Serie A games, so a victory will be a major boost.

“Admittedly we expected to have more points than we effectively have at this stage,” conceded Maresca. “Unfortunately, over the last month luck hasn’t been on our side. We hope to turn that all around this weekend.”

Fiorentina boss Sergio Buso is forced to deal with injury worries, as Martin Jorgensen is not available due to a muscular problem.

The Viola players will take on Bologna wearing black armbands following the death of two former fan favourites this week, Sergio Castelletti and Ugo Ferrante.

channel4

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
FIORENTINA: Lupatelli, Ujfalusi, Viali, Dainelli, Savini, Obodo, Maresca, Chiellini, Fantini, Miccoli, Rigano ... Subs: Roccati, Delli Carri, Valdes, Di Livio, Portillo, Nakata, Maggio ...

BOLOGNA: Pagliuca, Gamberini, Petruzzi, Nastase, Zagorakis, Colucci, Amoroso, Sussi, Meghni, Locatelli, Bellucci ... Subs: Ferron, Pedrelli, Smit, Binotto, Loviso, Della Rocca, Tare

Referee: Massimo De Santis (Tivoli)

·
Registered
904 Posts
Half-Time scores as listed on the official website:

Juventus-Lazio 1-1, Cagliari-Chievo 3-0, Fiorentina-Bologna 0-0, Lecce-Bologna 1-2, Palermo-Atalanta 1-0, Reggina-Brescia 0-2, Udinese-Siena 1-0, Parma-Milan 1-2 (giocata ieri), Inter-Messina 5-0 (giocata ieri), Roma-Sampdoria (stasera)

Damn, Bologna are impressive. They are not just holding us to a tie at the half, but are actually beating Lecce at the same time.

·
6,645 Posts
The Gazzetta is probably right, I use their information for the PL anyway.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I see, Niko. The reports I've seen say Maresca, so I assumed it was him. But we'll have to wait and see for ourselves...

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts