Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very level start.

Amazing pass from Hakan to Samu after an excellent tackle, but hard for Samu to control.

·
Super Moderator
13,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ZLATAN!!!

World Class

·
Super Moderator
13,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Goal won't count... really really soft decision! Gutted.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Don't fucking get those handball rules. The ball bounced up on his arm that was stuck close to his body and the arm was not raised or in any way making his silhuette bigger....Just want some consistency

·
Super Moderator
13,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
REBIC 1-0!

·
Super Moderator
13,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1-1 Incredibly soft penalty.

Shitty ref.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
FT, 1 - 1. What a determination by Fio players after being played with 10 players.

Just curious, why no VAR for us?

·
Registered
23,873 Posts
I generally dont complain about the ref, but in my opinion the result would have been 0-2 for us if he didn't give a incorrect penalty were Romagnoli did hit the ball and was even applauded by Begovic. And I find it scandalous that Zlatans goal was dissallowed for something I would never judge a handball.

·
Registered
23,873 Posts
idiots all them throwing this away
While the ref did give this away, one cant miss that we played our worst football in the last 20 minutes. Pioli never react to these things, but our players should not keep on giving Fiorentina counter attacks in the scenario we were in. But that contribute to the knowledge that we are overall brainless. We had had the entire midfield + Theo commiting to attacks while in the lead and Fiorentina using two strikers? Mad. Simply mad.

·
Registered
15,580 Posts
What a bullshit result, **** this ref. Never a handball and never a penalty.

But as Johan pointed out, I too was annoyed at Pioli not doing anything in the last 20. Half the team was tired and Hakan wasn't even in the game. Put in Paqueta or Leao or anybody.....

The ref didn't do us any favours, but we threw the game away in the last 20....

·
Registered
8,843 Posts
While the ref did give this away, one cant miss that we played our worst football in the last 20 minutes. Pioli never react to these things, but our players should not keep on giving Fiorentina counter attacks in the scenario we were in. But that contribute to the knowledge that we are overall brainless. We had had the entire midfield + Theo commiting to attacks while in the lead and Fiorentina using two strikers? Mad. Simply mad.
Seems like we stop playing when they are down to 10. Assuming we already have the match in hand. Ridiculous mindset

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
I agree with everything Johan said. They had several counters in the last 20 min that we should not have allowed. At times we were sitting back too far and then attacking with too many player.
As for Bennacer he has some qualities that can help us get into numerical advantages as he really good at gliding past players with the ball. But he have to make more assists or finish off the move better as he often gets in good position.
Also I have noticed that he gets way too many yellow cards. I know he has defensive duties, but he does not need to be so aggressive all the time.

Hakan yesterday was largely invisible. Time for Paqueta to get a chance.

·
Registered
23,873 Posts
What a bullshit result, **** this ref. Never a handball and never a penalty.

But as Johan pointed out, I too was annoyed at Pioli not doing anything in the last 20. Half the team was tired and Hakan wasn't even in the game. Put in Paqueta or Leao or anybody.....
here we would have needed a biglia. Someone experienced who could protect our defense and make cynical fouls. Even paqueta, another young inexperienced player, could have made a difference just because he was not already booked.

I would also have considered replacing Ibra with leao as he is more vertical.

Hakan -> paqueta
Zlatan -> leao
Rebic -> bonaventura

in that order

·
Super Moderator
13,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I know it's unpopular but I've argued many times this season to put Biglia (or whoever) in late in games. Just add the extra body there, someone who can make a tactical foul, yell at a FB who is going forward too much, etc. It happened to Giampaolo in Torino early in the season too. You cannot get caught in counters winning an away game.

In the current formation and game plan, the pressing sometimes works nicely, but when the opposition gets past our half, we are in a lot of trouble. We essentially have only two players who defend well: the two CBs. I don't say change the formation, but in an away game leading 1-0... even 11 vs 10, coaches very often make subs that will get the fans upset. But there's a reason why they very often add the extra DM or add a wide player instead of a forward or creative player.

People think it's ideal to keep the kind of player who can hold the ball, but when the opposition is really pressing you, what you want is to contain them and to have someone to break fast and kill the game. Teams also tend to lose the extra layers in midfield: the midfield gets flattened and players playing AM just get completely lost. You want someone who can win the ball and someone who can carry it fast out of there.

Ambrosini + Serginho

or the poor man's version

Biglia + Leao

1 - 20 of 24 Posts