Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fiore has Azzurri dream Friday 19 March, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stefano Fiore has admitted he hopes his good form for Lazio will see him break into the Italy side.

The former Udinese ace is a regular squad member but he¡¦s keen on an Azzurri starting shirt during Euro 2004.

"I¡¦m happy with how I¡¦m playing," he said, after scoring twice in the Coppa Italia Final against Juventus on Wednesday.

"I¡¦m giving my very best right now because I want to play a major part in Portugal at the end of this campaign.

"Many players get the chance to fight for a Scudetto in a career but winning a World Cup or a European Championship is more difficult. I¡¦m still young so I hope that I can fulfil my dream."

Lazio will be hoping that the 28-year-old can continue to impress in the derby against Roma on Sunday evening.

A game that will bring him face to face with international colleagues Francesco Totti and Antonio Cassano.

"They are great players and I like clashes like this one," he added. "Let¡¦s hope that we are more fortunate this weekend than we have been in the past against the Giallorossi."

channel4

1 - 3 of 3 Posts