Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up with those two ?!

I've watched Fiorentina's last three matches against Inter, Livorno and Lazio and they were almost invisible and did nothing worth mention. They can't take on players anymore like they used to (I rate both very highly, especially Martin), and their impact is weak.

thoughts ?

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Nerazzurri4life said:
What's up with those two ?!

I've watched Fiorentina's last three matches against Inter, Livorno and Lazio and they were almost invisible and did nothing worth mention. They can't take on players anymore like they used to (I rate both very highly, especially Martin), and their impact is weak.

thoughts ?
Nothings wrong with them. Both are just going thru some bad patches. They are Human Being after all. Both contributed 5 goals each in the league so far. Im sure they will be back to thier best soon. N knowing we have 2 talented Player in Montilivio and Jimanez, Im not worried at all.

Every season in and out, its not really the midfield or striker for Fiorentina that i worry about. Its always been the defence.

It seems like Fiorentina are cursed in the Defence department, even if you put both Nesta and Canna in the center, we would still be a liability in defence.

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
No actually, if you put Di Loreto in the defence, then it's a cause for liability. As for our wingers, they seem to be going through a rough spell. I really do think it's got something to do with the style of play we employ. Everytime I see our team I think to myself 'how do we win games?' and 'what are we doing in 4th spot?'.

Our team simply lack the cohesiveness to allow for a high level of consistency. If you watch the way we play, it's like the team has never played together before and when you think about it, you'll find that the team hasn't even spent one season together. Our star players are still in their debut season! But they have become such trademark names that we don't stop to remember this is their first season together and they haven't done too badly.

But if we don't get into the Champions League I'll be p***d. I'm happy for Roma though.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Fiore is a big disappointment

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
I would really like to see something like...

--------------------Lobont
Ujfalusi-----Kroldrup-----Dainelli-----Pasqual
------------Brocchi-----Montolivo
Jimenez-----------------------------Jorgensen
-------------------Pazzini
-------------------Toni

I absolutely agree with Firenze's observations except for the adoration of Roma, which I despise. When we were hot earlier in the season we were being dominated just about every game... Especially in the midfield... The only reason we were so successful was that we really seemed to score on about 3 of every 4 opportunities.

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
aripfio said:
Can Montolivo play DM?
I'm sure he can, he's for a long time called "next Pirlo" so maybe it's a time for him to move there now, also because Parma isn't nowhere strong as Inter etc
I'm just afraid that Prandelli won't let Fiore on the bech :(

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
It does look very attacking, I admit. As Pavel mentioned, Montolivo is constantly compared to Pirlo and many say that he is best suited as a deep playmaker. Maybe switch Montolivo and Brocchi so that Brocchi can help out Pasqual defensively?

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
LucaToni said:
Fiore is a big disappointment
I agree. I hoped to see him in old Udinese-form when he arrived. He has scored som goals but his performance on the pitch lately should tell us that he won't be a fiorentino next season. Jimenez is our future, well Montolivo too.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
nicky we need Donadel!! Montolivo sucks to be honoust,he hasnt shown anything yet

but i love your Jimenez and Jorgensen thinking,id do the same but change Montolivo for Donadel!!

BTW JORGI IS BACK!!

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
I really want to see Montolivo get plenty of playing time and develop into a deep playmaker similar to a Pirlo or Liverani. I think that, eventually, he and Donadel are going to form a great partnership.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Montolivo aint got body

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
if you asked me ONLY one name - who is the future of Fiorentina - then i'd say immediately: Montolivo!

As Nicky says, he just needs more playing time to develop and adjust to this position.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts