Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok after last game against milan.....
we all saw a GREAT stefano fiore AGAIN ....

not just yesterday !!

i just ask myself why trapattoni keeps ignoring him :confused:

the poor guy also didn't make it to the world cup !
and in euro 2000 he was magnificent too (remember against belgium, romania...)

anyhow, i cant believe why guys like di livio, coco make it to the national team, and this next totti (fiore thus ;) ) being left out...

also liverani should be an option... :)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Fiore has been playing well as of late and after this performance against Milan, I think Trap would be crazy to ignore him for the Euro 2004 squad.

To comare Fiore to Totti may be a little premature, after all Totti and Fiore have different playing styles, so to compare the both of them would be rather difficult.

Liverani has also been playing well, I think he should be called up as well, he did well at Perugia and he took some time to find his form in Lazio, now that he has, he and Fiore are our most dangerous midfielders.

Liverani makes things look so easy, his long passes and creativity is something Trap should take a look at.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Ok guys hold ur horses its not like Fiore is almost as good as Totti because he played a great match. But yes I think Stefano is a great player and must be called for Euro 2k4

And I think either De Rossi or Liverani should also be called. Although I love De Rossi Liverani would be a better choice as he is a actual starter in his club :(

·
Registered
57,614 Posts
It would be a crime to ignore Liverani or Fiore. Not only both should be called-up, but both should be Azzurri starters. Liverani is by far the most creative Italian central midfielder. (After Pirlo that is)

If I was Trap, I'd use this midfield :

-------------------Gattuso-------------------

------Fiore----------------------Liverani-----

--------------------Pirlo--------------------

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nerazzuri4life said:
It would be a crime to ignore Liverani or Fiore. Not only both should be called-up, but both should be Azzurri starters. Liverani is by far the most creative Italian central midfielder. (After Pirlo that is)

If I was Trap, I'd use this midfield :

-------------------Gattuso-------------------

------Fiore----------------------Liverani-----

--------------------Pirlo--------------------

yeah right, and you would leave totti on the bench ?? :rolleyes:

i'd say: put totti instead of pirlo, and you're right then :)

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Don't get too ahead of yourselves, it's pretty early to say such superlatives for Fiore. But he seems to have taken his new role of a CM very well. He is very versatile and can play as left, right or central midfielder and it would be a shame if he isn't called for the Euro 2004. Don't know about Liverani but bias or not, I think it's better to take him instead of only Totti and 4-5 ball winners like Tachinardi and co.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anomander Rake said:
Don't get too ahead of yourselves, it's pretty early to say such superlatives for Fiore. But he seems to have taken his new role of a CM very well.

:rolleyes: i don't know how long you know Fiore already , but i know him already since '99, and the reasen why he was included for Euro 2000 was cuz he already was a central midfielder and could play instead of Totti....
i mean, this guy already knows damn good how to play in that position, it's just LAZIO who converted him to left/right midfielder (since they took him in 2000 or 2001 summer)

anyway i have to admid that at euro 2000 he also often was played as left midfielder though

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
ravanelli1983 said:
anyway i have to admid that at euro 2000 he also often was played as left midfielder though
Often? IIRC, he played only as a LM at Euro 2000 and wasn't that good as media made him look back then, IMO. But according to himself, his natural position is in the center of midfield.

·
Registered
57,614 Posts
ravanelli1983 said:
yeah right, and you would leave totti on the bench ?? :rolleyes:

i'd say: put totti instead of pirlo, and you're right then :)
:rolleyes:

Totti can play as a support striker btw. Which is his current role with Roma in a 4-4-2 (1-1). Totti-Vieri would rock. Del Piero is out of form now and Inzaghi is a girl. :D

Totti wouldn't be benched in any NT/team in the world...;)

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nerazzuri4life said:
:rolleyes:

Totti can play as a support striker btw. Which is his current role with Roma in a 4-4-2 (1-1). Totti-Vieri would rock. Del Piero is out of form now and Inzaghi is a girl. :D

Totti wouldn't be benched in any NT/team in the world...;)
bullsh*t dude, i don't like your attitude towards inzaghi !!! an inter milan fan doesn't give you a reason to laugh with pippo.

anyhow (and that 's what it will be probably) totti will be attacking midfielder (inyour given diamondmidfield) and pippo & vieri will be the attackers :cool:

btw pippo & vieri are close friends on & off the pitch and can work perfectly together ;)

·
Registered
57,614 Posts
ravanelli1983 said:
bullsh*t dude, i don't like your attitude towards inzaghi !!! an inter milan fan doesn't give you a reason to laugh with pippo.
Isn't she a girl ? :tongue: I'm just stating well known facts, dude.

And me being against Pippa isn't about him playing for Milan or any team. I respect Milan players like Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, etc.. So it's not about Pippa being a Milanista (not the only reasoning at least) I Hate him coz he's a diver and because he's so fukn overrated. Happy now ?

anyhow (and that 's what it will be probably) totti will be attacking midfielder (inyour given diamondmidfield) and pippo & vieri will be the attackers :cool:
If I'd use Totti as a trequartista, I wouldn't use Pippo either. I'd rather use Cassano/Corradi. ;)

btw pippo & vieri are close friends on & off the pitch and can work perfectly together ;)
And ? Cassano-Vieri would work better. Di Natale (if he gets his chance)-Vieri would work better.

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
I've never really liked the idea of coparing players from two different teams because it's not just a matter of their own ability but also about who they play for. Even more so, I don't think totti and Fiore even play the same position so they're not all that compareable. And I don't care what totti can do anyway. ;)

All I can say is I'm mighty proud of the way Fiore has taken responsibility in midfield after Deki's departure and he's doing excllent. He is our new leader. :)

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i don't wanna argue anymore over inzaghi this or that....

but just this: overrated?? i don't think so

1) played wit juventus / acmilan
(top 2 of the italian teams EVER, inter is no way near these 2)

2) he is international for 6 years !!!

3) scored soooo many goals in champions league (especially last year, remember him against munich & deportivo, ajax....)

cut the crap dude, pippo is good, maybe not that technically as your inter-hero viero (for his time being at inter....)
but he is a goalscorer, simple as that !

damn i almost sound like a milanista ;)

pippo inzaghi 4 ever !!!!!!!!!!! :p (btw i also like your brother, here at lazio :) )

·
Registered
57,614 Posts
cut the crap dude, pippo is good, maybe not that technically as your inter-hero viero (for his time being at inter....)
Actually Pippa is more technical than Vieri. Proves your immense footballing knowledge. :howler: and Vieri isn't my Inter hero, smartass.

Yeah he played for Juve and Milan..so what ? Fresi did play for Inter and Juve. Do you even know him ? There are many players that play for more than one big club but that doesn't mean they're special.

I'm not saying Inzaghi is crap, coz he isn't, but he's hyped up by the Berlu media. Actually his younger bro at Lazio, Simone, scored goals that Pippo would only dream of scoring. From chips etc..Of course, the older one is still the highly rated one.

Oh and why don't you support Milan and Juve, instead of Lazio and Inter (yeah right), I guess Milan and Juve are superior to Lazio too, eh ? And while you're at it, change your nick to Pippa_Inzaghi, oh wait, there's a member having this name here at XT. :D

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Just calm down a bit, OK?
IMO, Pippo Inzaghi is a very good striker. As people say - "they never ask you how you score, just how many". When he gets the ball into the penalty area he is deadly.
His diving is not something he should be proud of but let's face it, Totti and Corradi also dive too much. Simone Inzaghi scores more beautiful goals but he is more inconsistant than his brother.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nerazzuri4life said:

Yeah he played for Juve and Milan..so what ? Fresi did play for Inter and Juve. Do you even know him ? There are many players that play for more than one big club but that doesn't mean they're special.

well i forgot to mention: so called pippa alwas started in these two teams.... something we can't say about fresi....
accept it: pippo is and was a member of the starting eleven!
and he has a lot of fans too....

but hey, i don't wanna comment TOO much on this, cuz it's obvious you are a real inter fan, and of course i guess that makes it impossible to say anything good about him :rollani:
by the way this istn't the place to talk about inzaghi F., cuz it's a lazio forum here

·
Registered
57,614 Posts
by the way this istn't the place to talk about inzaghi F., cuz it's a lazio forum here
Point taken. :)

btw, Grazie Fiore ! :D

·
Registered
256 Posts
All due respect for Pippo, I think Simone is more talented than Pippo, he may not be highly rated by many but he has the technical skills needed, scoring from beautiful chips and of course scoring goals.

He has simply been on fire this season, but he needs to be playing regularly, then he will start scoring again.

Pippo's finishing is very deadly but the fact that he just waits in the box to score, is something I don't admire very much, I believe a striker should work much more harder than just waiting for the ball in the penalty box.

It sorts of reminds me of Ruud Van Nistelrooy, I read an article of his goals, none of them were outside the penalty box, compared to Henry, who scored 18 goals outside the box.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
drop Camo from the national team and play Fiore instead. Not sure about Liverani, h eis playing well, but i dont see him starting. i'd rather just play totti behind vieri and cassano. then have fiore on the right with gattuso and pirlo as the DM. if that doesnt work, use Maresca, he is an absolute star.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
No one wants Liverani to be a starter for the NT but I think he should at least be given chance in the upcoming friendlies to prove his worth.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts