Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I wonder if you can help me, I am trying to find out a little bit of info about the Finnish teams AIFK, Haka Valkeakoski, KPT Koparit, KPV Kokkola, KTP Kotka, Kuusysi Lahti, MP Mikkelin, Oulu Palloseura, Reipas Lahti and RoPs Rovaniemen, Which town do they play home games and the name of their stadium. Thank you in anticipation. Tom.

·
Registered
206 Posts
TomC EFC said:
Hi guys, I wonder if you can help me, I am trying to find out a little bit of info about the Finnish teams AIFK, Haka Valkeakoski, KPT Koparit, KPV Kokkola, KTP Kotka, Kuusysi Lahti, MP Mikkelin, Oulu Palloseura, Reipas Lahti and RoPs Rovaniemen, Which town do they play home games and the name of their stadium. Thank you in anticipation. Tom.
AIFK: Finnish Premiership, town Mariehamn, stadium
FC Haka: Finnish Premiership, town Valkeakoski, stadium Tehtaan kenttä
KPT Koparit:
KPV Kokkola: Finnish second(?) div, town Kokkola, stadium
FC KooTeePee (=KTP Kotka): Finnish Premiership, town Kotka, stadium Arto Tolsa Areena
Kuusysi Lahti & Reipas Lahti: junior footballing in Lahti
FC Lahti: Finnish Premiership, town Lahti, stadium Lahden Stadion
MP Mikkeli: Finnish first div, town Mikkeli, stadium
Oulun Palloseura: Finnish first div, town Oulu, stadium
RoPs: Finnish Premiership, town Rovaniemi, stadium Rovaniemen Keskuskenttä

I suppose the names of the stadiums don't say to you much in Finnish..

·
Registered
57 Posts
oah79 said:
AIFK: Finnish Premiership, town Mariehamn, stadium

I'm not sure but I think that in this case AIFK means ÅIFK and they come from Turku and they play in a second or a third division. The premiership club that comes from Mariehamn is called MIFK.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Zippi said:
I'm not sure but I think that in this case AIFK means ÅIFK and they come from Turku and they play in a second or a third division. The premiership club that comes from Mariehamn is called MIFK.
Yes, you're right about that.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Koparit was from Kuopio. They were KuPS's biggest rivals. Koparit ja Eko got together in late 80's. New team was FC Kuopio. That team diet in early 90's. Kuusysi and Reipas Lahti allso diet in the 90's. The new team from Lahti is called FC Lahti. They might win the Premieship this year. KPV from Kokkola are in Division One.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Mariehamn - RoPS
28/04/05 KooTeePee - TPS
28/04/05 Lahti - MyPa
28/04/05 Tampere - Jaro
28/04/05 Inter Turku - Allianssi
28/04/05 Haka - KuPS
28/04/05 HJK - TP-47

guys who knows good the conditition of the teams now before these teams and can maybe tell me any team of these matches which is almost 100% sure that will win?...coze I'm about to bet some money on any of these games:)

·
Registered
57 Posts
It's first round of the competition and nothing is granted, but I can tell you that on the paper Tampere, HJK and Haka are big favourites to win their home games against their relegation candidate opponents. The rest of the matches are really hard to predict. Perhaps Allianssi is a slight favourite to win against Inter Turku after they last weekend won the Finnish pre-season tournament that is called league cup, although a draw would be good result for them too.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Zippi said:
It's first round of the competition and nothing is granted, but I can tell you that on the paper Tampere, HJK and Haka are big favourites to win their home games against their relegation candidate opponents. The rest of the matches are really hard to predict. Perhaps Allianssi is a slight favourite to win against Inter Turku after they last weekend won the Finnish pre-season tournament that is called league cup, although a draw would be good result for them too.

ahahaha coool! man I bet on those teams you said and all those 3 won

Tampere 3-0
Haka 1-0
HJK 2-0

:cool:

thanks! I think I will ask you for the matches in Finland all the time when I bet :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Nice to hear that it worked out for you so well :excited:
Surprisingly there were no surprises in the first round of the competition :eek:

It seems that RoPs and Tp-47 will be in huge difficulties when they play away from home. Their northern locations and low budgets makes things very difficult for them. Tp-47 didn't win a single match away from home last year and based on reports from HJK game, I don't think they will be cheering much at away matches this year either.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Premier League

Allianssi - RoPS
Tampere United - FC Lahti
KooTeePee - TP-47
MyPa - Inter Turku
TPS - Haka
HJK - IFK Mhamn
KuPS - Jaro

Second LEague

VG-62 - Honka
Viikingit - Oulu
P-Iirot - FC Hämeenlinna
KPV - VPS
MP - O.L.S

What are your predictions?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Still early steps of the season and anything is possible, but if you insist I can give a guidance what this round should turn out to be like. I said in my previous post that RoPs and TP-47 will be in difficulties when they play away from home. Also in this round they face a tough test to get themselves even draws. Allianssi should win comfortably but KooTeePee might struggle against TP-47, although KooTeePee is a favourite to win at its home ground.

HJK is also a strong favourite against MIFK, although MIFK is still an unwritten card at this level since they got promoted last year. In fact, quite many people expect them to be the surprise team of the season.
MyPa is obviously a favourite to win after their terrific performance against Lahti. Inter Turku is a decent team but I don't think they will do much harm to MyPa.
Other three matches are very even, and there is no result that would surprise me in these matches

First division is way too hard to predict at the first round. Oulu and Honka should be the favourites to get promoted, but I am not going to make any predictions until I have a clear vision of this league. And that means it is going to take at least four or five games from each team to see how good or bad they really are this season.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Intertoto: Lazio Finnish the job Saturday 23 July, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lazio are through to the semi-finals of the Intertoto Cup after a 4-1 aggregate win over Tampere United.

Having won 3-0 at the Stadio Olimpico in the first leg, Delio Rossi’s side have safely progressed after this evening’s 1-1 draw in Finland.

The capital side were caught out by an 87th minute Wiss goal but levelled things in the 92nd minute thanks to Roberto Muzzi.

channel4

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
It was a shame TamU lost their lead in the last moments of the second leg in Tampere. A 1-0 home win over Lazio would of been a good result for them but a draw wasn't such a bad result either.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts